Club Ilia Eatery and Lounge is searching for a partner and General Manager. This is a unique opportunity for an individual who is knowledgeable and passionate about the industry and who aspires one day to own a restaurant. The selected candidate will report directly to the owner, but due to the owner's limited availability, will be expected to work with very little supervision at the restaurant site. In addition to the base salary, the selected candidate will also enjoy profit sharing and other ownership perks.
Situated on top of Burnaby Mountain, Club Ilia is located right next to Simon Fraser University's campus. This location has led to a consistent, regular client base. The ideal candidate will have the pleasure of continuing existing relationship with our client base and expanding on new ones. The candidate must be a social person that will immerse themselves into the Simon Fraser community and actively engage in public discourse.
Aside from envisioning and implementing the 'big picture' the ideal candidate will have a strong presence in day to day operations including the selection, development and performance of employees. This is by no means an office job, below is a summary of responsibilities that are expected to fall within the 50 hour work week.
Extensive Knowledge of Food & Beverage
- With over 5 years restaurant management experience, the potential candidate will possess a diverse background knowledge of food and beverage.
- Ability to implement food and beverage menu changes as well as administer food and liquor cost.
- Food cost control techniques and ability is an absolute must.
- Quality control on food and the ability to work with and guide employees to maintain standards is a must.
Manages Daily Lunch and Dinner Rush
- Hosting and Server Support during peak sales periods.
- Ensuring food quality and speed.
- Ensuring quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Acknowledging regular customers.
- Responding to any situations that may arise out of the ordinary.
- Taking customer calls and reservation inquires.
Manages Operational Execution and Expense Control
- Administering and adhering to labor cost control.
- Creating a weekly schedule for front and back of house that falls within labor scheduling guidelines.
- Drives in store activities to generate sales such as innovative promotion development and follow through.
- Regularly reviews critical operating reports (labor, food cost, etc) as required (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly) determining necessary actions that support achieving budgets.
- The chosen candidate will possess a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Completely open/flexible schedule.
- Basic computer knowledge – updating website required, consistent access to email, excel proficiency.
- Must possess a positive, “can do” attitude and know how to lead a team to help implement business endeavors.
- Ability to motivate through personal display of hard work and follow through – we want someone who gains respect and doesn’t demand it.
For a more thorough conversation on the expectations, and an opportunity to tell us about yourself please apply via email.