Clover Recruiting is an ESL teacher recruiting agency based in Seoul, South Korea. We have placed English teachers for private language schools and public schools in Korea since 2006.
If you would like to apply for a teaching position in South Korea, please contact us to cloveresl AT daum DOT net with your information;
2. Current location and contact number
3. Preferences you may have(starting date, location, students age group, etc)
DETAILS OF TEACHING POSITIONS IN KOREA
School locations: all urban areas in Korea
Type of school: English language schools
Contract period: 1 year
Degree requirements: Bachelor's degree in any discipline
Salary: 2.0-2.3 million Korean won(approx. 1,900-2,200 USD)
Starting date of work: All year round, but there are more position openings for March and September start
Student age group: kindergarten to adults
Teaching hours: 30 hrs per week (35-45 hours including office hours)
Class size: 10-30 students/class
Benefits: Rent-free apartment, Free air ticket, Severance pay, 50% of Health Insurance and 7-14 days of paid vacation
ELIGIBILITY and QUALIFICATIONS FOR TEACHING VISA:
1. You must be a citizen of one of these seven countries: Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa.
2. English has to be your mother tongue
3. You must have a Bachelor's degree from a university in these countries; Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa.
4. You must not have any criminal record.
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW :
1. For educational work visa, you need a bachelor’s degree and a clean background check. The background check has to be done within 6 months by nation-wide search.(RCMP)
2. Teaching experience is not essential, and all degree subjects are accepted. However, Korean employers tend to prefer candidates who have degree in education or in English, or TEFL/TESOL certificates.
3. Candidates pay no placement fees.
4. Getting a background check takes as long as 2 weeks up to 3 months. Visa process takes another 3-4 weeks.