Why work for Closing the Gap?
Closing the Gap Healthcare Group (www.closingthegap.ca) is a fully accredited and award-winning organization that provides community-based nursing, support, and rehabilitation services.
Over 800 staff members provide compassionate, high quality care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our range of professional and support services are available to all age groups across Ontario whenever and wherever they are needed—in homes, schools, workplaces, long-term care homes, hospitals and clinics.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide support for the CEO and the entire executive team. This role is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. The Executive Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the day to day administration for a busy executive team, general office administration such as employee service awards and special events and assisting with marketing initiatives including promotional materials and tradeshows.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Handling confidential and sensitive information on a broad variety of issues.
- Receives all phone calls, manage correspondence, calendars, agendas, minutes, etc. for Executive team and the Advisory Board.
- Assists in the research, preparation and reporting of a wide range of information requests by government agencies, customers and other agencies.
- Follows-up on action required as result of decisions made by the Executive Team and/or Advisory Board. Initiates appropriate action on behalf of the CEO to ensure action is taken and deadlines are met.
- Assists in the coordination of annual Strategic Planning event and other activities.
- Supports the RFP submission process as directed by the RFP team
- Maintains CEO and Advisory Board electronic and paper filing systems and assists in the maintenance of the General Administration Filing system.
- Coordination of education and training initiatives affecting the Management Team and/or multiple offices.
- Supports corporate recruitment program and other HR functions as required.
- Maintains the corporate contact list.
- Drafts follow-up correspondence for marketing and new business opportunity contacts made by the CEO or other members of the Executive Team.
- Managing inventory of corporate promotional materials including corporate brochures, shirts, marketing give-aways.
- Daily review of relevant to identify potential opportunities.
- Coordinates refreshments, takes minutes and distributes agenda for Advisory Board meetings.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- outstanding skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- strong administrative writing skills (reports, correspondence, minutes)
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Closing the Gap offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.