Continuing Care Assistants (Certified & In Training) & Home Support Workers & Nursing Students
Make your next career move with us!
Always there for you, Always Home Homecare provides in-home and hospice care services for clients in Halifax, Dartmouth, Sackville, Bedford, the South Shore and the outlying regions of Nova Scotia.
We are looking for CCAs (Certified and in training), Home Support Workers and Nursing Students to join our team!
Geography: Nova Scotia
Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time, and Casual
Shifts: Days, Evenings, Nights, Shifts, On-Call
Education & Credentials:
- of high school
- Must be bondable, with an acceptable criminal check and child abuse registry check
- First Aid Certification; and
- CPR Certification; and
- Provincial certification as a Continuing Care Assistant or as a Home Support Worker;
- Completion of the following CCA program modules: Introduction to the Continuing Care Assistant Program, Introduction to the Continuing Care Sector, Body Mechanics: Positioning/Transfers, Personal Care & Special Treatments with the intent of obtaining certification as a Continuing Care Assistant with the next two years
- Nursing Student currently enrolled in a Baccalaureate Nursing Program or Practical Nursing Program and have successfully completed course covering Body Mechanics: Positioning/Transfers and Personal Care & Special Treatments. A clinical supervisor recommendation for employment is required
Your primary responsibility will be supporting clients in activities of daily living including personal care, respite, meal preparation, light housekeeping and other care duties as assigned.
Work Location Information:
Client's home, urban area, rural community, remote locations
Basic computer skills, excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills, physically able to perform required duties of the position, willingness and ability to travel to client homes as required.
Join our team and make a difference in someone's life. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Travel compensation
- Benefits are available
- Meaningful and rewarding work experiences
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply through one of the following methods:
By Fax: (902) 405-4401
Web Site: http://www.alwayshomecare.ca