Clopay Building Products Employee Reviews

Did not enjoy job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WI6 December 2017
People were treated like a number they did not care about there employees. I worked the midnight shift and did not enjoy that one bit. the company was relocated to Troy, Ohio.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Not treated well
productive
break area
employee days
discounts
optional over time
late night or overnight shifts
Fun Place
Logistics Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH19 October 2017
Great working place with very fun working conditions. Relaxed but very goal oriented to meet the needs of customers. Management made sure orders were being filled when they needed.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, carry ins
great place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn NJ12 October 2017
Great hours. Home by 430pm. Excellent work and life balance. Time for family. great co-workers. The only complaint is that there is little room to grow.
Bored at Work
Deductions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH18 September 2017
Boring job. No career advancement. This is not the job for a college graduate looking to use their degree. I do not recommend a deductions role at Clopay.
fast paced with excons
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH6 September 2017
I learned a lot at that place, although this job was not for me. the amount of backlash I got when I was in training as absurd and there is no good reason why anyone should treat a trainee like me that way ever
Good job
RCS Charlotte/National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC23 August 2017
Clopay is a good place to work, they do treat you fairly but HR is more of a bully than and advocate all in all not a bad place to work many hours in management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Long hours because of unskilled employees
Great place that allowed me to learn and develope
Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OH8 August 2017
Company allowed me to develop as a worker. The management there trusted me despite the fact that it was the first time working in a professional environment.
Pros
Managers are nice and care for development
Cons
Wish I could talk to coworkers more often
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 July 2017
People emplyed there are great people. Not much room for advancement. Very busy place to work, no overtime available. Under new management, so things are hectic.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No room for advancement
Yah!
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH19 July 2017
It is the funnest place I have ever work. The air conditioned plant made for a great environment and the work/life balance is amazing. I would recom
horrible working enviornment
Commericial track assembler (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH9 July 2017
Everyone making discriminating jokes everyday. Not a good working environment. Wouldn't recommend working here for anyone. Also the pay isn't good either
Heavy lifting
Weekend worker (Former Employee) –  Troy ohio19 June 2017
I was a weekend warrior. I liked the job most days but when the layoff happened i got moved to a different area of the building an wanted to stay at that position an they told me no but come to find out that people that had been there in a shorter amount of time they let so they was very unfair to there employeesthat had been there longer
Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH26 December 2016
Clopay is a great place to work. They offer great benefits. They have decent management. They show appreciation for their employees by having dinners, giving away turkeys for Thanksgiving and hams for Christmas...
Pretty Good place.
Troy - Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH21 November 2016
Fast paced manufacturing environment. Always something to get done, makes the day fly by. Co-workers are ok, management at times can be rude.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Inexperienced management. Mandatory overtime to the point of wanting to quit.
Good benefits and pay for very hard work
LEAD LOADER (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH1 November 2016
Clopay was a very difficult place to work. It was a very big company and the plant was always very busy. The problem was that it seemed very slow to update its equipment and practices so overtime, especially in the summer, was constant. The shipping department had to load most of the product by hand. The labor intensive aspect coupled with the constant overtime cause much upheaval between the management and the employees. Coworkers ran the gamut from helpful and hardworking to not but this was mostly due to a rather high turnover rate. I do not consider it a a very good place to work but it gave very valuable work experience that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Pros
Great pay, decent benefits
Cons
Most jobs are very labor intensive, Employees often at odds with management
Few positives about the Company, many Positives about the People
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH4 February 2016
Typical manufacturing labor. Many long time employees with great history with the company. Friends even in the management system. Company is ran poorly with business to manufacturing strategies without seeing personal employee sacrifice. Large room for improvement within the management of the company.
Stressful and very physical
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH22 January 2016
The day starts with the computer and e-mails. I, then do a start up meeting with my crew. Safety is discussed and I place people in their work stations. I over see the line and make sure employees are meeting customer needs with good quality products. I have learned how to work with management and how to succeed in a leadership position. I treat my co-workers with respect and in turn they respect me. The hardest part of this job is dealing with uppermanagement. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the employees, and being the leader of my crew.
Pros
Paid lunch, vacation time
Cons
Immaturity with upper management, Pettiness
Productive and they try to accommodate everyone's needs.
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH22 January 2016
It's a great place to work along with great people. Only problem is I do about 4 peoples jobs when I was to be just primary phone agent and sales. I'm also processing all orders and quotes. There are 5 different steps in processing and I do them as well along with training and mentoring new hires. I'd asked for more pay and been promised for a year and half and still have not gotten it. I don't mind the work. I love to multi task, just not being paid or recognized for all the work well done is hard.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not organized enough
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy Ohio12 October 2015
Although I have one job title I currently do multiple tasks at Clopay. I am trained to do six different jobs within the company as a back up assistant and have really enjoyed the experience to broaden my experience level with their product. They challenge me daily and I never run out of things to do. The hardest part can be juggling three or four of these jobs at the same time. This does happen from time to time but is a wonderful challenge for me and I have learned how to juggle all of them when needed.
CSR/ Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO11 March 2015
Learned more skills, not a typical day of work because I learned different every day. Very nice co-workers. Most enjoyable thing is that every day learning.