Clopay Building Products Employee Reviews

Good benefits and pay for very hard work
LEAD LOADER (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH1 November 2016
Clopay was a very difficult place to work. It was a very big company and the plant was always very busy. The problem was that it seemed very slow to update its equipment and practices so overtime, especially in the summer, was constant. The shipping department had to load most of the product by hand. The labor intensive aspect coupled with the constant overtime cause much upheaval between the management and the employees. Coworkers ran the gamut from helpful and hardworking to not but this was mostly due to a rather high turnover rate. I do not consider it a a very good place to work but it gave very valuable work experience that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Pros
Great pay, decent benefits
Cons
Most jobs are very labor intensive, Employees often at odds with management
Stressful and very physical
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH22 January 2016
The day starts with the computer and e-mails. I, then do a start up meeting with my crew. Safety is discussed and I place people in their work stations. I over see the line and make sure employees are meeting customer needs with good quality products. I have learned how to work with management and how to succeed in a leadership position. I treat my co-workers with respect and in turn they respect me. The hardest part of this job is dealing with uppermanagement. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the employees, and being the leader of my crew.
Pros
Paid lunch, vacation time
Cons
Immaturity with upper management, Pettiness
Productive and they try to accommodate everyone's needs.
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH22 January 2016
It's a great place to work along with great people. Only problem is I do about 4 peoples jobs when I was to be just primary phone agent and sales. I'm also processing all orders and quotes. There are 5 different steps in processing and I do them as well along with training and mentoring new hires. I'd asked for more pay and been promised for a year and half and still have not gotten it. I don't mind the work. I love to multi task, just not being paid or recognized for all the work well done is hard.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not organized enough
Few positives about the Company, many Positives about the People
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH4 February 2016
Typical manufacturing labor. Many long time employees with great history with the company. Friends even in the management system. Company is ran poorly with business to manufacturing strategies without seeing personal employee sacrifice. Large room for improvement within the management of the company.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy Ohio12 October 2015
Although I have one job title I currently do multiple tasks at Clopay. I am trained to do six different jobs within the company as a back up assistant and have really enjoyed the experience to broaden my experience level with their product. They challenge me daily and I never run out of things to do. The hardest part can be juggling three or four of these jobs at the same time. This does happen from time to time but is a wonderful challenge for me and I have learned how to juggle all of them when needed.
Good job to learn the trade
DC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX7 February 2015
I learned the trade and how to deal with employees , and customers, enjoy leaning something new every day the hardest part of the job is working there in the warehouse in the summer , typical day is loading customers and making sure they are satisfied , I have learned how to control the situation when a customer is upset by going beyond to satisfy them.
I believe In Clopay Products and love working for the company
* transportation

* distribution
* process improvement
* dispatch operations
* cost reduction and avoidance
* efficiency improvement
* fleet operations
* training and mentoring
* key account management *Office Administration * HR * A/P~A/R * Purchasing * Quickbooks
Clopay focus on all the above. Great company to work for.
Pros
sr management always there to help you
Cons
regional did not help managers to success
Stable workplace
Customer Service Representative and Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA3 July 2012
I was trained to merchandise the sales floor and learned a lot. I was able to grow with what I learned. I enjoyed the merchandising. The early hours and overnight shifts eventually caught up to me. There wasn't enough support staff to maintain all the work done in overnight shifts. Management would give me task of running my own department but not the ability to manage the employees I oversaw.
Pros
stability in amount of hours, healthcare
Cons
hours of work, management
Fast paced work you can put your whole self into
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ25 June 2013
Receive, configure and input orders via fax, phone or email. Preferrably fax or email. I learned so much about hardware and configuration of hardware packages. Management at Clopay was exceptional, caring and respectful. Co-worders are fun and work together as a team. The hardest part about the job was learning all the different components of all the hardware needed for garage doors. The most enjoyable part was the people, and the fast paced busy atmosphere. Loved working here.
Pros
Work environment, Always busy, People
Cons
the only con was the heavy traffic on the commute to work
Productive and a happy place to work.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WI4 April 2012
I became a displaced worker in 2009. I enjoyed coming into work everyday. I made friends and was always challenged to do well. I was able to make tuff choices and liked the freedom of doing so.
Pros
free lunches for empolyee appreciation days.
Cons
hot work environment in the summer, not receive credit for doing well.
decent pay small town feel
Bilingual Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH17 August 2014
verrrrrrrrrry small towny... be careful what you say to whom because everyone is related to someone else here. call center management is fairly typical focused more on numbers than on actually making an impact by helping customers. pay and benefits are pretty good. not much room to advance.
Fun and Productive workplace. Friendly co-workers.
Bilingual commercial Information Assistance (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH2 November 2013
My advancement within Clopay is one of the most important things. I have been able to manage different customer's accounts and inquiries using my french language skills …I served customer s from the retail and dealer accounts.
Pros
Healthcare
Great company to work for
Consumer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH1 July 2014
I answered phones and emails.
I learned how to better my phone skills and handle angry customers.
Management is approachable, flexible and understanding.
Coworkers are friendly and open.
The hardest part is the monotony.
The best part is being able to help someone.
Productive workplace
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH28 July 2013
Complete consumer warranty claims and consumer technical assistance with Do-It-Yourself installs. Learned to analyze and interpret quality of product and reason for failure of product. Work in small group setting and provide support to multiple departments.
Great place to work with good people and work ethics.
Regional Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe Arizona15 September 2011
This job kept me busy with the kind of work I enjoy, which is working with customers and kept me quite busy. I left to pursue my flyfishing dreams which turned out not to pay much at all. I like the busy pace at Clo-pay.
Pros
friendly people
Poor Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH28 April 2012
Being a customer service rep is one of the most stressful jobs, its more stressful when the management team is unorganized and uncaring. New techniques were introduced almost on a weekly basis, causing all employees to learn a new system constantly.
End of the chain...
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL10 March 2014
I am able to control everything related to the DC. I have learned a lot and things can change quickly and I have to be ready and able to adapt. My boss lives away but give me complete control.
Pros
laid back
Cons
lack of work force
CSR/ Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO11 March 2015
Learned more skills, not a typical day of work because I learned different every day. Very nice co-workers. Most enjoyable thing is that every day learning.
being able to go to other locations and not be stuck in the office
Office Manager/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA19 December 2014
Meeting vendors was always nice, putting a face with a name.
Pros
Free lunch and free dress on Fridays
Cons
mice in the warehouse
Very Professional company with healthy environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Unknown15 April 2014
This company has a very strong work ethic policy which makes it very reliable comapny for customers and partners.
Enjoy working there
Pros
Training