Clopay Building Products

Clopay Building Products Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
End of the chain...
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: lack of work force
I am able to control everything related to the DC. I have learned a lot and things can change quickly and I have to be ready and able to adapt. My boss lives away but give me complete control.
Very productive and fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Troy, OHMarch 6, 2014
Pros: we get an hour long lunch break
Not only do you become part of a team when working for Clopay Building Products, but you become a small family.
Productive Good Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Troy, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: ot
Cons: fire for any excuse
Nice Pay Good Benefits. Loving Atmosphere. There to work and get good money. Good place to be
Fun and Productive workplace. Friendly co-workers.
Bilingual commercial Information Assistance (Current Employee), Troy, OHNovember 2, 2013
Pros: healthcare
My advancement within Clopay is one of the most important things. I have been able to manage different customer's accounts and inquiries using my french language skills …I served customer s from the retail and dealer accounts.
not bad
Driver (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNSeptember 30, 2013
A good company to work for. Would have stayed had the building supply industry not fallen.
Hard work but fun
LEAD LOADER (Current Employee), troy ohAugust 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: not very many days off
I load garage doors manually onto semi-trailers. the most enjoyable part of my job is the people.
Productive workplace
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee), Troy, OHJuly 28, 2013
Complete consumer warranty claims and consumer technical assistance with Do-It-Yourself installs. Learned to analyze and interpret quality of product and reason for failure of product. Work in small group setting and provide support to multiple departments.
Fast paced work you can put your whole self into
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 25, 2013
Pros: work environment, always busy, people
Cons: the only con was the heavy traffic on the commute to work
Receive, configure and input orders via fax, phone or email. Preferrably fax or email. I learned so much about hardware and configuration of hardware packages. Management at Clopay was exceptional, caring and respectful. Co-worders are fun and work together as a team. The hardest part about the job was learning all the different components of all the – more... hardware needed for garage doors. The most enjoyable part was the people, and the fast paced busy atmosphere. Loved working here. – less
Good Job
Distribution Center Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 16, 2013
Great Hours, great location near the I85
•the hardest part of the job Traffic
Production
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Baldwin WIAugust 14, 2012
Typical production facility - The co workers make the job. I kep tthis short term, but overall had a great time. Loved first shift and having my afternoon left.
Stable workplace
Customer Service Representative and Inside Sales (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: stability in amount of hours, healthcare
Cons: hours of work, management
I was trained to merchandise the sales floor and learned a lot. I was able to grow with what I learned. I enjoyed the merchandising. The early hours and overnight shifts eventually caught up to me. There wasn't enough support staff to maintain all the work done in overnight shifts. Management would give me task of running my own department but not the – more... ability to manage the employees I oversaw. – less
Poor Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Troy, OHApril 28, 2012
Being a customer service rep is one of the most stressful jobs, its more stressful when the management team is unorganized and uncaring. New techniques were introduced almost on a weekly basis, causing all employees to learn a new system constantly.
Productive and a happy place to work.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Baldwin, WIApril 4, 2012
Pros: free lunches for empolyee appreciation days.
Cons: hot work environment in the summer, not receive credit for doing well.
I became a displaced worker in 2009. I enjoyed coming into work everyday. I made friends and was always challenged to do well. I was able to make tuff choices and liked the freedom of doing so.
I believe In Clopay Products and love working for the company
Colorado (Former Employee), DC ManagerNovember 2, 2011
Pros: sr management always there to help you
Cons: regional did not help managers to success
*Customer service
* logistics
* management
* supply chain solutions
* transportation

* distribution
* process improvement
* dispatch operations
* cost reduction and avoidance
* efficiency improvement
* fleet operations
* training and mentoring
* key account management *Office Administration * HR * A/P~A/R * Purchasing * Quickbooks
Clopay focus on – more... all the above. Great company to work for. – less
Great place to work with good people and work ethics.
Regional Sales (Former Employee), Tempe ArizonaSeptember 15, 2011
Pros: friendly people
This job kept me busy with the kind of work I enjoy, which is working with customers and kept me quite busy. I left to pursue my flyfishing dreams which turned out not to pay much at all. I like the busy pace at Clo-pay.

About Clopay Building Products

Clopay is a subsidiary of Griffon Corp. based in Jericho, N.Y. – More from ZoomInfo »