Clopay Building Products Employee Reviews

Stressful and very physical
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 22, 2016
The day starts with the computer and e-mails. I, then do a start up meeting with my crew. Safety is discussed and I place people in their work stations. I over see the line and make sure employees are meeting customer needs with good quality products. I have learned how to work with management and how to succeed in a leadership position. I treat my co-workers with respect and in turn they respect me. The hardest part of this job is dealing with uppermanagement. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the employees, and being the leader of my crew.
Pros
Paid lunch, vacation time
Cons
Immaturity with upper management, Pettiness
Productive and they try to accommodate everyone's needs.
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 22, 2016
It's a great place to work along with great people. Only problem is I do about 4 peoples jobs when I was to be just primary phone agent and sales. I'm also processing all orders and quotes. There are 5 different steps in processing and I do them as well along with training and mentoring new hires. I'd asked for more pay and been promised for a year and half and still have not gotten it. I don't mind the work. I love to multi task, just not being paid or recognized for all the work well done is hard.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not organized enough
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy OhioOctober 12, 2015
Although I have one job title I currently do multiple tasks at Clopay. I am trained to do six different jobs within the company as a back up assistant and have really enjoyed the experience to broaden my experience level with their product. They challenge me daily and I never run out of things to do. The hardest part can be juggling three or four of these jobs at the same time. This does happen from time to time but is a wonderful challenge for me and I have learned how to juggle all of them when needed.
decent pay small town feel
Bilingual Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 17, 2014
verrrrrrrrrry small towny... be careful what you say to whom because everyone is related to someone else here. call center management is fairly typical focused more on numbers than on actually making an impact by helping customers. pay and benefits are pretty good. not much room to advance.
Fast paced work you can put your whole self into
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 25, 2013
Receive, configure and input orders via fax, phone or email. Preferrably fax or email. I learned so much about hardware and configuration of hardware packages. Management at Clopay was exceptional, caring and respectful. Co-worders are fun and work together as a team. The hardest part about the job was learning all the different components of all the hardware needed for garage doors. The most enjoyable part was the people, and the fast paced busy atmosphere. Loved working here.
Pros
work environment, always busy, people
Cons
the only con was the heavy traffic on the commute to work
Stable workplace
Customer Service Representative and Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2012
I was trained to merchandise the sales floor and learned a lot. I was able to grow with what I learned. I enjoyed the merchandising. The early hours and overnight shifts eventually caught up to me. There wasn't enough support staff to maintain all the work done in overnight shifts. Management would give me task of running my own department but not the ability to manage the employees I oversaw.
Pros
stability in amount of hours, healthcare
Cons
hours of work, management
I believe In Clopay Products and love working for the company
* transportation

* distribution
* process improvement
* dispatch operations
* cost reduction and avoidance
* efficiency improvement
* fleet operations
* training and mentoring
* key account management *Office Administration * HR * A/P~A/R * Purchasing * Quickbooks
Clopay focus on all the above. Great company to work for.
Pros
sr management always there to help you
Cons
regional did not help managers to success
Great company to work for
Consumer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJuly 1, 2014
I answered phones and emails.
I learned how to better my phone skills and handle angry customers.
Management is approachable, flexible and understanding.
Coworkers are friendly and open.
The hardest part is the monotony.
The best part is being able to help someone.
Good job to learn the trade
DC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I learned the trade and how to deal with employees , and customers, enjoy leaning something new every day the hardest part of the job is working there in the warehouse in the summer , typical day is loading customers and making sure they are satisfied , I have learned how to control the situation when a customer is upset by going beyond to satisfy them.
CSR/ Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 11, 2015
Learned more skills, not a typical day of work because I learned different every day. Very nice co-workers. Most enjoyable thing is that every day learning.
Fun and Productive workplace. Friendly co-workers.
Bilingual commercial Information Assistance (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHNovember 2, 2013
My advancement within Clopay is one of the most important things. I have been able to manage different customer's accounts and inquiries using my french language skills …I served customer s from the retail and dealer accounts.
Pros
healthcare
Poor Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHApril 28, 2012
Being a customer service rep is one of the most stressful jobs, its more stressful when the management team is unorganized and uncaring. New techniques were introduced almost on a weekly basis, causing all employees to learn a new system constantly.
Productive Good Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Nice Pay Good Benefits. Loving Atmosphere. There to work and get good money. Good place to be
Pros
ot
Cons
fire for any excuse
being able to go to other locations and not be stuck in the office
Office Manager/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2014
Meeting vendors was always nice, putting a face with a name.
Pros
free lunch and free dress on fridays
Cons
mice in the warehouse
Productive and a happy place to work.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WIApril 4, 2012
I became a displaced worker in 2009. I enjoyed coming into work everyday. I made friends and was always challenged to do well. I was able to make tuff choices and liked the freedom of doing so.
Pros
free lunches for empolyee appreciation days.
Cons
hot work environment in the summer, not receive credit for doing well.
Productive workplace
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJuly 28, 2013
Complete consumer warranty claims and consumer technical assistance with Do-It-Yourself installs. Learned to analyze and interpret quality of product and reason for failure of product. Work in small group setting and provide support to multiple departments.
End of the chain...
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2014
I am able to control everything related to the DC. I have learned a lot and things can change quickly and I have to be ready and able to adapt. My boss lives away but give me complete control.
Pros
laid back
Cons
lack of work force
Great place to work with good people and work ethics.
Regional Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe ArizonaSeptember 15, 2011
This job kept me busy with the kind of work I enjoy, which is working with customers and kept me quite busy. I left to pursue my flyfishing dreams which turned out not to pay much at all. I like the busy pace at Clo-pay.
Pros
friendly people
Very productive and fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHMarch 6, 2014
Not only do you become part of a team when working for Clopay Building Products, but you become a small family.
Pros
we get an hour long lunch break
Very Professional company with healthy environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  UnknownApril 15, 2014
This company has a very strong work ethic policy which makes it very reliable comapny for customers and partners.
Enjoy working there
Pros
training