Clopay Building Products Employee Reviews

Great place that allowed me to learn and develope
Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OH8 August 2017
Company allowed me to develop as a worker. The management there trusted me despite the fact that it was the first time working in a professional environment.
Pros
Managers are nice and care for development
Cons
Wish I could talk to coworkers more often
Yah!
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH19 July 2017
It is the funnest place I have ever work. The air conditioned plant made for a great environment and the work/life balance is amazing. I would recom
horrible working enviornment
Commericial track assembler (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH9 July 2017
Everyone making discriminating jokes everyday. Not a good working environment. Wouldn't recommend working here for anyone. Also the pay isn't good either
Heavy lifting
Weekend worker (Former Employee) –  Troy ohio19 June 2017
I was a weekend warrior. I liked the job most days but when the layoff happened i got moved to a different area of the building an wanted to stay at that position an they told me no but come to find out that people that had been there in a shorter amount of time they let so they was very unfair to there employeesthat had been there longer
Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH26 December 2016
Clopay is a great place to work. They offer great benefits. They have decent management. They show appreciation for their employees by having dinners, giving away turkeys for Thanksgiving and hams for Christmas...
Pretty Good place.
Troy - Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH21 November 2016
Fast paced manufacturing environment. Always something to get done, makes the day fly by. Co-workers are ok, management at times can be rude.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Inexperienced management. Mandatory overtime to the point of wanting to quit.
Good benefits and pay for very hard work
LEAD LOADER (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH1 November 2016
Clopay was a very difficult place to work. It was a very big company and the plant was always very busy. The problem was that it seemed very slow to update its equipment and practices so overtime, especially in the summer, was constant. The shipping department had to load most of the product by hand. The labor intensive aspect coupled with the constant overtime cause much upheaval between the management and the employees. Coworkers ran the gamut from helpful and hardworking to not but this was mostly due to a rather high turnover rate. I do not consider it a a very good place to work but it gave very valuable work experience that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Pros
Great pay, decent benefits
Cons
Most jobs are very labor intensive, Employees often at odds with management
Few positives about the Company, many Positives about the People
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH4 February 2016
Typical manufacturing labor. Many long time employees with great history with the company. Friends even in the management system. Company is ran poorly with business to manufacturing strategies without seeing personal employee sacrifice. Large room for improvement within the management of the company.
Stressful and very physical
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH22 January 2016
The day starts with the computer and e-mails. I, then do a start up meeting with my crew. Safety is discussed and I place people in their work stations. I over see the line and make sure employees are meeting customer needs with good quality products. I have learned how to work with management and how to succeed in a leadership position. I treat my co-workers with respect and in turn they respect me. The hardest part of this job is dealing with uppermanagement. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the employees, and being the leader of my crew.
Pros
Paid lunch, vacation time
Cons
Immaturity with upper management, Pettiness
Productive and they try to accommodate everyone's needs.
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH22 January 2016
It's a great place to work along with great people. Only problem is I do about 4 peoples jobs when I was to be just primary phone agent and sales. I'm also processing all orders and quotes. There are 5 different steps in processing and I do them as well along with training and mentoring new hires. I'd asked for more pay and been promised for a year and half and still have not gotten it. I don't mind the work. I love to multi task, just not being paid or recognized for all the work well done is hard.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not organized enough
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy Ohio12 October 2015
Although I have one job title I currently do multiple tasks at Clopay. I am trained to do six different jobs within the company as a back up assistant and have really enjoyed the experience to broaden my experience level with their product. They challenge me daily and I never run out of things to do. The hardest part can be juggling three or four of these jobs at the same time. This does happen from time to time but is a wonderful challenge for me and I have learned how to juggle all of them when needed.
CSR/ Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO11 March 2015
Learned more skills, not a typical day of work because I learned different every day. Very nice co-workers. Most enjoyable thing is that every day learning.
Good job to learn the trade
DC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX7 February 2015
I learned the trade and how to deal with employees , and customers, enjoy leaning something new every day the hardest part of the job is working there in the warehouse in the summer , typical day is loading customers and making sure they are satisfied , I have learned how to control the situation when a customer is upset by going beyond to satisfy them.
being able to go to other locations and not be stuck in the office
Office Manager/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA19 December 2014
Meeting vendors was always nice, putting a face with a name.
Pros
Free lunch and free dress on Fridays
Cons
mice in the warehouse
decent pay small town feel
Bilingual Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH17 August 2014
verrrrrrrrrry small towny... be careful what you say to whom because everyone is related to someone else here. call center management is fairly typical focused more on numbers than on actually making an impact by helping customers. pay and benefits are pretty good. not much room to advance.
Great company to work for
Consumer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH1 July 2014
I answered phones and emails.
I learned how to better my phone skills and handle angry customers.
Management is approachable, flexible and understanding.
Coworkers are friendly and open.
The hardest part is the monotony.
The best part is being able to help someone.
Very Professional company with healthy environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Unknown15 April 2014
This company has a very strong work ethic policy which makes it very reliable comapny for customers and partners.
Enjoy working there
Pros
Training
End of the chain...
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL10 March 2014
I am able to control everything related to the DC. I have learned a lot and things can change quickly and I have to be ready and able to adapt. My boss lives away but give me complete control.
Pros
laid back
Cons
lack of work force
Very productive and fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH6 March 2014
Not only do you become part of a team when working for Clopay Building Products, but you become a small family.
Pros
We get an hour long lunch break
Productive Good Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH27 January 2014
Nice Pay Good Benefits. Loving Atmosphere. There to work and get good money. Good place to be
Pros
Ot
Cons
Fire For any excuse