Summer Camp Counselor
Clinton International College
Clinton International College is a Language and University Preparatory School located in the heart of the vibrant City of Toronto, Canada.
Clinton International College offers the Summer Camp program annually between the months of July and August as an opportunity for overseas students to experience Canadian landmarks and universities, learn English and meet new friends. In addition to an intensive morning English program, Clinton’s Summer Camp provides opportunities for students to explore the vibrant city of Toronto and all it has to offer. Students will participate in adventurous trips, engaging arts, computers, science, and sports activities, and learn useful leadership skills. Students who are considering studying abroad in the future have the chance to learn about the vibrant world class City of Toronto and Canada’s diverse landscape.
- Prepare and develop and implement fun and creative activities.
- Schedule and coordinate the summer camp classes, trips and activities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a group of ten to fifteen day campers.
- Supervise and attend functions/trips/activities as scheduled.
- Auditory and visual ability to respond to critical incidents; Ability to perform routine first aid tasks.
- Book, reserve, prepare payments and confirm trips, transportation and admission fees. Reconcile all related invoices with bookings.
- Liaison with other departments and staff to ensure a smooth operation of the summer camp.
- Communicate messages, rules and regulations and school policy with multicultural students.
- Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Always keep Professionalism and Responsibility; At all times be aware that you are a "model" to all campers and to other staff.
- Be a friend and leader to each camper to promote a good group relationship.
- Keep camp supplies and equipment in good shape, including putting them away when finished with a project.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Enrolled or Graduated in a University degree, diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
Prior experience in working in a school environment or summer camp is a must.
- Excellent English communication, and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to participate in all activities with Students
- Strong Social Interaction skills and Teamwork
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to manage the safety of a group of students and keep students engaged
- Possesses excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must have experience working in cross cultural environment.
- Willingness to be flexible with evenings and weekend hours as required
- Hours of work: approximately 48 hours per week depending on the schedule; working hours Monday to Friday 12-8pm weekdays Saturday Sundays 9am-8pm weekends (as required on outings).
Must have strong references
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please no calls. Candidate who calls will be disregarded for the position.