Senior UX Designer
At Climax Media, coming to work every day is a lot like putting on a creative performance. We innovate, collaborate and curate amazing ideas across the digital landscape and truly believe that to be the best, you have to surround yourself with the best. Unlike other agencies that are used to high employee turnover, Climax Media takes pride in keeping our people happy : )
We are a full-service online web development company specializing in web design, marketing, custom applications and large scale enterprise solutions. With over 10 years in business we are offering a stable full time position at our company for the perfect candidate.
- 2 week vacation + “Half Day Fridays” on long weekends
- Quarterly company hangouts (bowling, picnics, paintball)
- Competitive benefits plan (with dental)
- Resident office mascot (Jacob the dog)
- Casual environment (footwear optional)
- Team Lounge with flat screen, Xbox 360 and Boxee
- Open concept office
Climax Media is looking for a Senior UX Designer.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Specialize in user experience strategy and design
- Working knowledge and ability to adopt relevant prototyping tools such as Axure, Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with rapid prototyping, wire-framing, IA, task flows, personas, usability testing
- Understanding of design principles (composition, layout hierarchy, colour, typography)
- A professional portfolio with examples of web/mobile UX design
- Solid understanding of current internet technologies capabilities and bounds (HTML5, jQuery, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years involvement within the web, mobile, or equivalent industry with an expert ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Expert verbal and communication skills
Other Important Skills:
- Sense of humor
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to follow direction and instructions
- Ability to work within a team or solo
- Continued innovation and education
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge and use of best practices in web development and web coding standards
- Lead all aspects of user-centered design including information architecture, user flows, content hierarchies, interactive wireframe prototypes
- Define project UX approach from quoting to prototyping
- Deliver UX visual designs aligned to business and user experience goals
- Collaborate with and participate in ideation and concept explorations with the client, senior designers, account managers, and the rest of the team.
- Prepare and present the user experience to the client showcasing the choices that were made and explaining why they were made.
- Communicate with clients regarding UX design support.
- Interfaces with internal and external technical staff to define application solutions and resolve problems as needed
- Communicates with product owner to resolve issues or questions as needed
- Collaborates with business and technical experts to ensure solutions align with and support the company’s strategic plan
- Participates in defining and guidance of company UX design standards
To find out more about Climax Media please visit our website http://www.climaxmedia.com
We thank all applicants in advance. We will contact applicants we feel fit the role posted. Please no phone calls or agencies.