Cliffs Natural Resources

Cliffs Natural Resources Employee Reviews in Canada

The workplace is a safety hazard but very challenging
Concentrator Repair Person (Former Employee) –  Wabush, NLJune 24, 2014
As a Concentrator Repair Person, I am responsible for the repair of most everything in every department of the mines. The management is ok and people are great. The safety is the most issue of the job but as long as you follow the safety rules and wear the proper gear, you should be ok. I enjoyed every day work.
exceptional learning experience
engineering department (Former Employee) –  wabushMay 5, 2014
ability to speak free and offer suggestions, given small but rewarding project type work to plan from at initial stage and follow through till completed.
Ability to work in various departments to broaden my experience.
Thinking outside the box was often required to complete tasks successfully which meant new ideas were welcomed.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough planned work, mostly break down and reactive
Great Company but just released that it is shutting down.
Apprentice Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Wabush, NLFebruary 26, 2014
Worked at Wabush mines for almost three years. I loved every bit minute got the opportunity to work on all types of equipment. Got along great with everyone I worked with I enjoyed going to work every day.Loved the fact that I got to work outside a lot and got to work in a shop environment. Worked on locomotives, various types of auxiliary equipment, production haul trucks, super shovels and Leturneau
Pros
great work force, good opportunity to learn and to work on different tyoer of equipment.
Cons
old mill, old crusher, cost per ton to be too high to make the mine feesiable casuing the mine to shut down.
Very nice little town
Mine Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wabush,NLFebruary 19, 2014
Job Work/Life Balance was perfect.
Salary Benefit was great. I enjoyed working here. People were very cooperative.
The work conditions and operation of the plant leave a lot to be desired. I am hard working, efficiency and production oriented. Wabush Mines isn't
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Wabush, NLAugust 7, 2013
Work Procedure
• Start, stop and operate electric and oil fired boilers as required.
• Chemically test and treat boiler and plant utility water to meet requirements.
• Monitor and adjust equipment for proper operating characteristics (temperatures, flow rates, levels, etc.) .
• Complet routine daily checks and readings on equipment (pumps, air compressors, fans, etc.)
• Perform routine PMs on plant equipment.
• Monitore status plant supplies and materials and ordered when required.
• Resolve problems and system upsets encountered by working with relevant personnel.

I am a hard worker and don't mind work, I would actually prefer it but I learned at Wabush Mines that you don't have to work to get paid which I think is ridiculous and would prefer to work with a company that is more efficient, productive and run in a more professional way.

Management isn't capable of doing their job because of the lack of moral, values and work ethic of its employees.

My co-workers are a part of the problem and I cannot relate to them. I myself am the total opposite of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is the consistent lack of work ethic having to do other operators jobs when I relieve them for my shift and having to put up with expressing my issues with the chief, and shift engineers and nothing being done about it, because they are part of the problem also.

The best part of my job is that I am now confident in my Power Engineering experience and capabilities and have 3 years of experience which will help me pursue a career and future with a more suitable company that is goal, production
  more... and efficiency oriented as well as fair to its employees. I have the time required to write for my 2nd Class Power Engineering ticket as well as have done a lot of study for the exams.  less
Pros
it pays me every two weeks
Cons
location, work ethic, production rate, working conditions, unfair
Snr. Management & Staff are friendly
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2013
- Setting up new office
- How to handle Telepresence calls
- Excellent
- Last day of my contract
- Greeting Snr. Managment, fellow members and visitors from overseas
Pros
free lunches
Cons
enjoyable staff environment
cie a fermé ses portes a fermont
Opérateur de camion de production (Former Employee) –  Fermont, QCFebruary 22, 2016
très bonne cie, a une bonne culture d entreprise lors de la formation dans les bureau mais n etait pas appliquer rendu sur le terrain de la mine. Plusieurs points de sécurités étaient défficient
Pros
travail a l'année
Cons
manque de sécurité, chasse gardé pour les employé des régions, n appréciait pas la présence des travailleurs qui venaient de la ``ville``
j,aimais travailler pour cliffs
mécanicien usine (Former Employee) –  Sept-Îles, QCAugust 4, 2015
Au départ de la journée on ne savait pas quelle surprise nous allions avoir, aucune journée étaient pareil. Nous avions souvent un défi soit de l'environnement qui nous entoure ou des problèmes que nous aurions a affronter toute la journée. Mais nous avions des bonnes formations et on partageaient nos connaissances. Nos patrons étaient soucieux des notre sécurité ils avaient pas trop de manque c'était parfois les gens (travailleurs) qui avaient mauvaise foie. Mais tout problème se corrige et nous trouvions souvent la solution. j'ai eu une belle gang des bons amis dans mes 10 ans de service, mais je dirais que le plus difficile dans mon poste de mécanicien, était de faire face a un ralentissement de travail venant des plus vieux (étant donner l'âge de l'usine), je suis travaillant et j'ai pas peur d'essuyer mon front une fois a l'autre mais le travail doit ce faire pas de production pas de salaire. Le plus agréable que j'ai vécu dans mon poste est comment les superviseurs étaient exemplaires et de plus même si je suis plus chez cliffs mines Wabush je doit dire que j'ai encore contact avec eux via Facebook, et ils voudraient bien que je reviens travailler pour eux.
Horaire
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fermont, QCJanuary 17, 2015
L`horaire de type Fly in Fly out est un must
L'expérience en territoire nordique est très enrichissante
Environnement de travail agréable
Acheteur Sénior (Former Employee) –  Fermont, QcDecember 7, 2014
Déception dû à la fermeture de la mine.
Horaire interressante, fly in fly out.
Énormément de défis relié aux projets.
Équipe dynamique et engagé.
Pros
avantage sociaux
Cons
manque de communication
Belle expérience
Contremaitre de production minière (Former Employee) –  Fermont, QCMarch 18, 2014
Le fait de bâtir un site minier de A à Z m'a appris beaucoup ce fut extrêmement enrichissant.
Pros
horaire, salaire, avantage sociaux, défi, experience
Cons
management à mentalité fait ce que je te dis
travaille agreable
Mécanicien (Current Employee) –  sept ilesMarch 10, 2014
beaucoup de defie a realiser bonne ambiance avec l equipe de travaille
Pros
la gangs de gars est trippants
Cons
fermeture du plan de boulette
Environnement de travail agréable
Mécanicien Industriel (Former Employee) –  Sept-IlesMarch 3, 2014
Malgré que l'environnement des mines peut être assez difficile à l'occasion, j'ai bien aimé évoluer dans cette entreprise.
journalier
Chauffeur de camion (Former Employee) –  pointe noir sept-ilesJuly 31, 2013
lieu de travail sécuritaire et bonne environnement de travail
Evironnement de travail
Conseillère en formation - Partenaire d'affaire RH (Former Employee) –  Bloom LakeJuly 24, 2013
Département opération minière et entretien mine (garage) était très agréable, les collaborateurs voulaient avoir une bonne ambiance de travail et faisait pour l'évolution de chaque départements. Je touchais à plusieurs sphères dans l'activité de mon travail donc me donnait l'opportunité de voir plus grand et d'évoluer pour ma carrière.
Pros
hébergement
Cons
management