Cleo Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
I didnt work here too long but overall the company was pretty good. It was fun and many customers were very easy to deal with. Management is attentive and caring
Pros
fun
Cons
breaks were short
Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON27 October 2017
I loved working at cleo! The only reason I left is because there was not enough hours to give. They were great people to work with and amazing time working with customers!
Pros
Work environment, 50% off original price discount
Cons
Not enough hours and hate/love relatiomship with 3hr shifts, and always have to buy a new outfit to work there because they are brand ambassadors
Very good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 August 2017
You become very friendly with everyone in the Comark company, Cleo, Ricki's and Bootlegger. Tons of great styles with fashion associates who really enjoy helping the customer.
fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 July 2017
It was really fun working there, I learned a lot about clothes like the different types of pants. It was really nice to see the smiles on the customers face when they buy an outfit.
Cleo Review
Clothing Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 June 2017
When I first started working at Cleo it was an adventure, new things to learn, new people to help, most of all new surroundings, but now after working there almost a year I find it is hard to receive hours, and learn new things. The world of fashion is always changing but at Cleo no one is teaching the "New". A typical day at work for me is probably a slow/busy day. I help customers make there decisions, check them out and do a scattered return. There isn't really a hard part to my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a satisfied customer.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not learning as the fashion world changes
Slow working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 May 2017
I personally did not like working at Cleo because, I would like to work with people more my age (since Cleo is for older age groups) and the management there is not the best.
Pros
breaks at your own time and people that I work with.
Cons
Mangement, cancelation of shifts (last minute) and learning on you're own from the start
Not a great place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
Started as a shift manager, the boss was to busy doing her job! And had no time to train , over all it's not a great place to work the other staff members where not very friendly and didn't even talk to me.
Pros
No pros, didn't even have a place to sit for lunch
Cons
Not a friendly atmosphere
Not a good job for younger workers
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2017
I was employed here while i was 15 and it was not a good fit for me. The customers are elderly and did not appreciate my opinion or listen to me because i was young and they could not relate.
good place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2017
good place to work, great customer base and good coworkers.
hardest part is visual change and standing for hours other than that its a good place to work.
Worst place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
Worst company i have ever worked for i was a store manager their for seven months when i started i was only given two days of training and thrown of the floor most of those months i had no ASM because know one wants to work for Cleo i put up job posting on ever page but no one wants to apply the DM was nasty and rude. Most days i had to work a 12hr or more and didn't get paid because i was salary. the company does not care about their employees Do not work for Cleo!!!!!
Cons
Clothes are garbage nothing good about the company
Easy going people to work with
Full time Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
- Always had something to do, was a different type of customer of all ages to help out, gave you experience in dealing with many types of people
- Benefits to those who succeed, everyone is willing to help
One of the worst places to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2017
This might have just been my location, but the management was absolutely terrible. We have one employee notorious for stealing customers and forcing new employees to stock in the back or do other work for her while taking all the sales (then management would reprimand us for not meeting our sales goals); and management refused to fire this employee despite most others complaining about her AND the fact that she is now 70 years old. Likewise if they have a problem with you, they don't talk to you about it, they just cut your hours. Some girls will go 4-5 weeks without a shift just because they were late or did something wrong. Management is rude and unapproachable, employee turnover rate is disgustingly high, and management gives part timers very few hours (as little as 3 a week!).
Pros
Cons
Unapprochable management, bad pay, terrible coworkers, don't listen when you complain, forced to work off the clock, ZERO training.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2016
CLEO is my part time job and I love working there. The staff are great and really know about customer service. I enjoy working with the customers and promoting the CLEO brand.
Very friendly people, competitive environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
Everyone I worked with was wonderful, very lovely people. The environment was a bit too competitive for me to be working without commission. Personal sales record determined how many shifts you would get. I was not a fan of that. Overall it was an okay experience, but more experience for me, nonetheless. Great clothes and great sales, though. Also, employee discount is awesome.
Pros
friendly, welcoming staff
Cons
customer attitude
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 July 2016
Both Management and Associates worked well together. Work atmosphere and culture very positive. Consistent regular customers. Regional General Managers were very approachable and helpful.
Pros
Friendly Working Atmosphere.
Cons
Raises were not very high.
Cleo is a great company to work for.
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2016
The culture is wonderful. Everyone are friendly, hardworking, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I loved working at Cleo.
Pros
Great working hours
positive and welcoming environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2016
Typical day of work involved interacting with customers /helping them with outfit choices, and reorganizing clothes. Very slow pace, not many people came in, so hours seemed longer.
Learning environment
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Llloydinster, AB14 April 2016
I always had a great time at this, my supervisor was very helping and co operative.I got to learn a lot dealing with customers.
Typical retail job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 March 2016
The staff and managers at this job were all very friendly and approachable, but always put their personal needs first. This job has high sales targets and a competitive sales environment, yet does not offer any sort of commission/bonus, and does not offer a reasonable wage to make up for lack thereof. It is physically demanding with no downtime.
Pros
Generous staff discounts
Cons
High pressure to make large sales target with no bonus or compensation
Wonderful fun place to work!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 February 2016
Usually stock comes once a week, Helping customers put outfits together. Fun with my co-workers, Fun to be with! My manager is amazing and totally love her! She is so fun! Hardest part of the job I believe is slow months. Not many hours, and very slow in the store.