Cleaver-Brooks

Cleaver-Brooks Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with the floor employee's. Wish I would have had more support from the management.
Welding Supervisor / Engineer (Former Employee) –  6940 Cornhusker Hwy, Lincoln, NE 68507September 8, 2015
I enjoyed the supervision of the floor employee's. I would have liked to have more support from the management. I felt that I could not keep the moral of the floor employee's with no information from the management. I would have liked to have more notice that they were elimimation positions, and that I would be one of those. I would have liked to be involved in the meeting that came to that decision, and be able to have my input into deciding where and if things could be moved around to save positions and make the work more efficent.
Pros
Holidays, Enjoyed the people I supervised.
Cons
Not enough communication with management, would have llked to have seen or been acknowledge for job well done.
Love the experience... hate the culture
Senior Financial Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 31, 2015
Its a resume builder nothing else. Privately owned company spits out new management every sale. Management are a bunch of husslers that lie to get a head.
Pros
big company exposure in a small time
Cons
horrible culture manipulative management
Major employer in the historic Georgia city of Thomasville
Sr. Financial Analyst (FP&A) (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 27, 2015
I very much enjoyed being contracted to Cleaver-Brooks for a year and a half. The company has been a major employer to the historic city of Thomasville, Georgia for many decades manufacturing medium to super large sized boilers.
The people of Thomasville as well as the employees of Cleaver-Brooks are down to earth people who enjoy their work and their families. Working with management was very enjoyable as they roll up their sleeves with everyone else.
Pros
company bonus plan, paid vacations and holidays and a golf league
Interesting, challenging,
Director of Training and Technical Media (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2015
Cleaver-Brooks is a manufacturer of boilers ranging from the small, 100 HP steam boilers to very large industrial boilers with capacities of over 3 million lbs of steam per hr at over 1000 psig.

If you love big heavy equipment, this is a company that provides the opportunity to learn a lot. That being said, it is a manufacturing company and the reward structure is somewhat constrained.

Projects ideas are welcome, but often under-funded. The general theme being "extend the horizon." Unfortunately, there is always a valid reason for accelerating the completion even in the face of limited resources. This can be very exciting, but it is also very tiring.

The matrix management model makes it challenging to get things accomplished when cross-functional commitments are necessary for achievement.
Pros
decision making latitude, ability to exercise judgment
Cons
no ability to work remotely, factory management mind set permeates all offices
Great experiance
Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Worked with one of the best people I have ever know. Got great life lessons as well as work ethics. Had the ability to be creative and do some amazing projects.
Over all this place was a good place to work.
Hydro Tubing Specialist (Former Employee) –  The place of business is in Thomasville GANovember 30, 2014
I worked in the Tubing and Hydro dept. My work consisted of removing the I beams from the inside of the boilers. Cleaning the tube holes to get rid of rust and particles that could harm the tubes. Once that was done, helped slide the tubes into the boilers and locked them in place so we could tighten them up. Worked the ends of the tubes according to specs then plugged and hydro the boilers to one and a half lbs per in of operating pressure. Management was fair and just. Made sure things got done. The hardest part was climbing on the boilers to hook up the cranes for moving the product. Also crawling down the furnace tubes to catch tubes on certain boilers. The best part was getting the product to work as it was made to do.
Pros
getting to leave early if the work was done before time.
Cons
having to stay longer than need to if things didn't go well.
Slow slow slow, disorganized and set in their ways
n/a (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 16, 2014
I wanted a place to earn a chance to progress. This place was presented by management as honest with good people and room to improve things and move up. The good people part was pretty true, but mostly out on the floor. The rest was not true at all with all the twists and turns and game playing. Moving up was also not true unless you are part of the inner circle. I came with experience and ability and it's never been used because they are afraid you will show them up. I almost hate coming in and many just say it pays the bills. I am underpaid and fed up, and I'm looking.
Pros
some good people at low levels
Cons
no moving up, experience not used, hate coming in
Huge disappointment, just depressing
manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 1, 2014
After a horrible hiring process I gave this place a chance and have been here for more than a year. I should have went with my first instinct at how I was treated before they hired me. People who need a job tend to talk themselves into overlooking how they get treated at first (like I did), they shouldn't no matter how bad they need a job. If the owners knew how management was really running the company, they would fire most of the management & hr and just start over. The wasted time, money and effort is over the top. The good people here are the average joes who get their hands dirty, the rest just take advantage. I have to find a new job before I can leave but this is the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
hmmm...the fact i have a job
Cons
just read my review, it's depressing thinking of writing that again
not the best
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 22, 2014
Over the years I have regrets about coming to work here but there are times I'm glad I did.
Pros
good job security
Cons
average management
Great work environment
Summer Intern in the Procurement Department (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 30, 2014
Typical day at work was creating excel spread sheets and graphs. Contacting suppliers and buyers to ensure quality. I learned a lot about the business world and flow of a work day. Management was great along with the co-workers.
Pros
great management and co-workers
Mismanaged
qc (Current Employee) –  lincolnMarch 22, 2014
Title says it all. The company pretends to be cutting edge but there is no advancement and it is mismanaged from the top down. Work day in and day out, no new ideas are welcome so if you come here and have those….keep them to yourself. Just stagnation with the same positions left unfilled for a year on end sometimes! That creates problems in other positions. Managers and HR not doing their job and the rest picking up the slack with no thanks or consideration. I wonder how they get away with it….it cost the company big money. It is becoming a place where traditional Nebraskan employees are now the minority, in favor of much cheaper immigrants who might or might not even be legal and can’t speak english. Wasted money, time and effort………same mistakes over and over. What a waste of what was once a good company.
Pros
steady work for the time being
Cons
such gross mismanagement can’t be sustained forever.
Fun and fast pace, with many perks.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAFebruary 27, 2013
Working in the panel has been a great learning tool, I am learning how to wire up electrical panels. Cleaver Brooks love to cross train which is great knowledge. Management is in turn with what is going on with all the employees, The co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of working at Cleaver Brooks is the fact that sometimes sales are slow and work is slow. The enjoyable part of working there is the people. Cleaver Brooks is a great place to work.
Pros
bonuses, health, medical, vision care, paid day off and a free health checkup.
Cons
having to work 7 days a week.
decent place to work
welder/ fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 15, 2012
easy to make friends there 75% of the workers dont speak very good english so its hard to get work done. in my time being there it seemed liked there wasnt that much work to do but they were always in a hury to get the boilers done. so that they could put them outside and let them rust kind of a skrewed up place definitly need to change some things.

2.9