Clearview Plumbing & Heating Ltd. was founded in 1996 and provides HVAC, heating, plumbing, drain cleaning and sewer line services from Calgary and surrounding areas. We are located in the SE Foothills Industrial area. We’re committed to being a company our employees take pride in – a company that is known for stability, consistent growth and a high level of professionalism. Apply today! You'll be glad you did.
You are a take charge type of person and have the flexibility to do a variety of projects. We use proprietary software similar to Simply Accounting. We are looking for a part-time bookkeeper, data entry assistant for our busy office and the ideal candidate must have proven experience and knowledge in bookkeeping along with experience in QuickBooks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data entry vendor invoices after verification against purchase orders
- Verify appropriate coding
- Process approved cheque requisitions within 3 days.
- Entry of credit card purchases
- Prepare and perform accounts payable payment runs biweekly.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Reconcile vendor invoices
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Review A/P Statements after accounts payable run to investigate outstanding transactions.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Update and maintain vendor files.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Assist with any accounting enquiries and resolutions.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Locate relevant documentation for GL Accountant to provide back up for working papers.
- Maintain records in compliance with current legal requirements.
- Attend any training that is required and approved by management.
- Adhere to Company health & safety policies at all times.
- Any other duties as required by management
- Daily assistance to full time accountant as required.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Self-starter comfortable working both in a team environment and independently.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be accurate and demonstrate attention to detail at all times.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Work Independently and cohesively with a team
- Is a team player
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Educational background in Accounting/Finance is considered an asset
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Past QuickBooks experience is necessary
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
Schedule: 4-6hrs per day, 5 days a week
Salary: Competitive Salary