Clearstream Energy Employee Reviews

good leadership
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 April 2017
I enjoyed working here because everyone worked together to get the job done.
it was like working for family, everyone helped each other, we all worked together safely.
Pros
good to employies
Cons
not enough home time.
fun and physical
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB28 March 2017
it was a good job , had a good team to work with, worked alone sometimes, the superviors were nice and if u needed help they would help you out. great place to work for.
Pros
long hours, great pay, physical work
Cons
hard work
Bad Work environment
Welders Helper/Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 March 2017
it was a bad working environment with bad wages that are non negotiable. Management was not good everything was disorganized and had no idea how to progress
Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray13 March 2017
Run heavy equipment at Syncrude Mildred Lake mine from dozers to haul trucks. Run bituminous sand from shovel to froth plant for extraction. Run MFT from loading bin to dump pit.
Dont know how people do it.
Heo operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 January 2017
Few months there; coworkers are great. Staff that train you are incompetent and rude. If you're an operator, they will have no respect for you, basically throw you to the wolves and have you figure things out on your own. I wouldnt go back. Felt miserable at the end of the day. No money is worth working for a company that makes you feel like you aren't a valued employee. The higher ups have no respect for their peers. They talk them down behind their backs in front of others.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Disrespectful and unproffessional.
good company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hythe, AB6 December 2016
they are good to work for .. work seasonally for them . would go back when they call me in the spring months. pay on time. they are compassionate. and family orientated.
Cons
cantene
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
Lots of room for learning, good management with good co-workers. Hours are very accommodating. Room for advancement. Recommended place to work
good safty policey
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK9 November 2016
good place to work. not enough hours. great people that work there .good management taem .would work for them again in the right circumstanaces . need to train staff better
Not impressed with the company
Idler crew/ process operator (Current Employee) –  Syncrude aurora Fort Mcmurray Alberta20 September 2016
Clearstream is a ok company to work for. They are not the best, nor are they they worst! I would recommend them as a employer to someone who is just starting out, or someone who is looking for a temporary job.
What a terrible Organization
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 September 2016
I worked for this company for almost 2 years in Fort McMurray. I was constantly on time, quick to finish my jobs and always worked safely. On day at the end of my shift I felt a bit if soreness in my left shoulder. I have no idea why but it continues and get much worse by the morning.

In the morning I could hardly even get out of bed. I'm 38 years old In good health and in above average physical condition. I call my GF and expand I think I need to see a physician I was hurting real bad. His response was "okay let me know".... No offer for a ride to the hospital I was 75kms out and had to drive my friends 1988 1ton standard in the middle of winter.

When I arrived at the hospital they had this old skinny guy cone up to me while I paid for parking and called me by the wrong name and ask if we could talk. I agreed and he immediately started in on me saying I better not claim it was work related and giving me grief. I told him it was work related and to go pound sand and went into emergency. After emergency this man said he wanted me to go take a drug and alcohol test. I agreed after I fill my prescription out fir some pain management. They then had the company superintendent call me saying I refused the test and terminated me.

I ended up needing 2 months to recover lost my job and blackmailed that if I tried fighting anymore they would try banning me from Syncrude for life. I fought all of this won got a WCB claim filed, stooped the ban from Sync rude and moved on to a great company.

Lesson learned. After 2 years they threw me away like garbage, lied and tried
  more... to blackmail me. You decide if this is a company worth your services and skills.  less
Pros
None even worse now
didnt like it there
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB18 August 2016
if you wasnt in a certain group you didnt exist.they took the ones they wanted and the others had to stay in the shop. but they closed there doors in the brooks area.
Run away far away, worst VPs ever
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2016
This company has the worst manager and senior VP ever in this industry

They are more worried about covering their own a and making themselves look good. They will ask for daily reports and meeting but don't listen. You can actually say the same things over again and they will not know just as long as you say something.

They sit there and talk about their BMW, cabins and stupid pocket squares designs lol. Without a clue in the world what the market is doing and they struggles faced by their employees families
Pros
Nice entry level experience then run
Cons
Management wanna be high rollers
Not good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Syncrude18 June 2016
I have work there for a little wile and management needs to open there eyes or some needs to be replaced......I will never work for them again. Unless there is new management
So far so good
Material and Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB14 March 2016
Well, with the instability in the oil and gas sector, I could say I am blessed to have a fulltime job with benefits. However the nervousness culture has settled into our offices, and we like everyone else have tweaked our resumes in hopes we do not have to use them. Having said that, the only way I would leave is if an opportunity in BC came up...over all things are good.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
long days at times
Productive day of work everytime.Fulfilling job with a good work environment.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB24 February 2016
My typical day of work usually starts with getting a permit to work on a project, picking up materials for the job. Management is awesome, they know how to take care of there employees. As an apprentice pipefitter i've been learning a lot of things everyday. I am continually gaining experience everytime i am on the job. Things that you won't learn at school. I would say the hardest part of the job is waiting for instructions on which job site we are gonna be working on. And what i enjoy the most in my job is learning and gaining experience everyday from my superiors.
Pros
Free BBQ and pizza every friday. We get bonus if we finish our project early.
Cons
Long Hours of work everyday.
Good Company
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Foster Creek23 February 2016
Good workers good management. Very short experience with company so hard to give accurate review. Short time I was there had no problems with work and questions being answered.
Pros
good crew
Cons
Hired to many people resulting in lay offs
Most hypocritical backstabbing company I've worked for.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 February 2016
The job itself is fine, schedule is great, the vast majority of middle management have a positive attitude and are easy to get along with.

Upper management are completely two faced, will talk a big game about safety this and that, how they have their employees back if need be. They will string you along and then throw you under the bus without a second thought at the first opportunity. Don't believe the hype and work this job on a day to day basis. I've seen may people get screwed over undeservedly and eventually became one.

There isn't enough money in the world to make me work for Clearstream again.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Upper management are ruthless hypocrites and out of touch with their workforce
Great place
4th Class Operator (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB22 January 2016
My experience is that if you give them your best effort they will bend over to help you out how ever they can. I always found that they would negotiate a really good rate for me as well, even when I didn't feel I needed it.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Good People
Tool Crib Lead (Current Employee) –  Nexen Long Lake22 January 2016
Great place to work, made last friendships. Wonderful people and very good management.

I wish every job could be as great as working here is
Great
QAQC (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB20 January 2016
Great company to work for. the people and the culture are second to none. Safety and people are the main priority. work days are well scheduled. excellent company to train and leartn with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearstream Energy. Our community is ready to answer.