Clearstream Energy Employee Reviews

Most hypocritical backstabbing company I've worked for.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 15, 2016
The job itself is fine, schedule is great, the vast majority of middle management have a positive attitude and are easy to get along with.

Upper management are completely two faced, will talk a big game about safety this and that, how they have their employees back if need be. They will string you along and then throw you under the bus without a second thought at the first opportunity. Don't believe the hype and work this job on a day to day basis. I've seen may people get screwed over undeservedly and eventually became one.

There isn't enough money in the world to make me work for Clearstream again.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Upper management are ruthless hypocrites and out of touch with their workforce
So far so good
Material and Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edson, ABMarch 14, 2016
Well, with the instability in the oil and gas sector, I could say I am blessed to have a fulltime job with benefits. However the nervousness culture has settled into our offices, and we like everyone else have tweaked our resumes in hopes we do not have to use them. Having said that, the only way I would leave is if an opportunity in BC came up...over all things are good.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
long days at times
Productive day of work everytime.Fulfilling job with a good work environment.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Peace River, ABFebruary 24, 2016
My typical day of work usually starts with getting a permit to work on a project, picking up materials for the job. Management is awesome, they know how to take care of there employees. As an apprentice pipefitter i've been learning a lot of things everyday. I am continually gaining experience everytime i am on the job. Things that you won't learn at school. I would say the hardest part of the job is waiting for instructions on which job site we are gonna be working on. And what i enjoy the most in my job is learning and gaining experience everyday from my superiors.
Pros
Free BBQ and pizza every friday. We get bonus if we finish our project early.
Cons
Long Hours of work everyday.
Great place
4th Class Operator (Current Employee) –  Peace River, ABJanuary 22, 2016
My experience is that if you give them your best effort they will bend over to help you out how ever they can. I always found that they would negotiate a really good rate for me as well, even when I didn't feel I needed it.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Great way to gain experience
Heavy Hauler Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 10, 2015
Operated all sorts of heavy haulers
Operated water truck and sand truck
Only advancement on small project jobs, but only drove truck in the mine
the job was great for learning and getting to know the mining industry and would recommend this company to anybody looking to start out
Pros
Great door to get into the mining industry
Cons
unstable job with little benefits
Run away far away, worst VPs ever
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2016
This company has the worst manager and senior VP ever in this industry

They are more worried about covering their own a and making themselves look good. They will ask for daily reports and meeting but don't listen. You can actually say the same things over again and they will not know just as long as you say something.

They sit there and talk about their BMW, cabins and stupid pocket squares designs lol. Without a clue in the world what the market is doing and they struggles faced by their employees families
Pros
Nice entry level experience then run
Cons
Management wanna be high rollers
didnt like it there
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ABAugust 18, 2016
if you wasnt in a certain group you didnt exist.they took the ones they wanted and the others had to stay in the shop. but they closed there doors in the brooks area.
Good Company
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Foster CreekFebruary 23, 2016
Good workers good management. Very short experience with company so hard to give accurate review. Short time I was there had no problems with work and questions being answered.
Pros
good crew
Cons
Hired to many people resulting in lay offs
Not good
Operator (Former Employee) –  SyncrudeJune 18, 2016
I have work there for a little wile and management needs to open there eyes or some needs to be replaced......I will never work for them again. Unless there is new management
What a terrible Organization
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 14, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 2 years in Fort McMurray. I was constantly on time, quick to finish my jobs and always worked safely. On day at the end of my shift I felt a bit if soreness in my left shoulder. I have no idea why but it continues and get much worse by the morning.

In the morning I could hardly even get out of bed. I'm 38 years old In good health and in above average physical condition. I call my GF and expand I think I need to see a physician I was hurting real bad. His response was "okay let me know".... No offer for a ride to the hospital I was 75kms out and had to drive my friends 1988 1ton standard in the middle of winter.

When I arrived at the hospital they had this old skinny guy cone up to me while I paid for parking and called me by the wrong name and ask if we could talk. I agreed and he immediately started in on me saying I better not claim it was work related and giving me grief. I told him it was work related and to go pound sand and went into emergency. After emergency this man said he wanted me to go take a drug and alcohol test. I agreed after I fill my prescription out fir some pain management. They then had the company superintendent call me saying I refused the test and terminated me.

I ended up needing 2 months to recover lost my job and blackmailed that if I tried fighting anymore they would try banning me from Syncrude for life. I fought all of this won got a WCB claim filed, stooped the ban from Sync rude and moved on to a great company.

Lesson learned. After 2 years they threw me away like garbage, lied and tried
  more... to blackmail me. You decide if this is a company worth your services and skills.  less
Pros
None even worse now
New at the process
ELECTRICIAN (Third Year Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABDecember 7, 2015
I worked for clear streams new electrical branch which was the first to speak of so there were organization and direction problems among the experienced management but their intentions and rates were great. I would certainly work for them again
Pros
great rates, lots of overtime, paid flights
Cons
project stability wasnt there
Good People
Tool Crib Lead (Current Employee) –  Nexen Long LakeJanuary 22, 2016
Great place to work, made last friendships. Wonderful people and very good management.

I wish every job could be as great as working here is
Great
QAQC (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Great company to work for. the people and the culture are second to none. Safety and people are the main priority. work days are well scheduled. excellent company to train and leartn with.
Alright
apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Clearstream was an alright company to work for and i would love to work with them again someday given the opportunity, small crew when i was there and couldn't of been better.
Professional
QC Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Good place to work with good people , pay is good . I would go to work here again should they have any open work in the future.
Positive environment and great leaders to work for
Autoshop Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB.October 1, 2015
Prep parts and tools for mechanics and other trades for job completion. Assist mechanics in various daily tasks.
Learned about various safety techniques and strategic job planning.
Enjoyed helping out co-workers with any jobs, or part of that I could assist with.
Even with tight deadlines or pressure situations, the team always found a way to get the work done safely to company standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that between working both opposing shifts, we were all apart of a big family that enjoyed working together.
Most unorganized company ever
carpenter (Former Employee) –  fort saskatchewanJuly 6, 2015
In my short time there I swear I have never seen a more backwards company. They would not get materials or tools for the workers and then blame them for lack of production. People standing around all over the job site, some even sitting because they can't get anything done. I was there as a carpenter and when i requested plywood and 2x4s I was told those materials are "garbage" and why I would need them. I spent days waiting for my foreman to come only to be told I won't be able to work because they hadn't released the work yet. I was there to install grout and they wanted it done the hardest, most backwards way possible. They would not heed my advice for installation and ended up laying me off because they needed "grout specialists" not carpenters. Worst company ever.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible organization, no tools, materials
Can't seem to get it together.
Branch Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Fort St John BCFebruary 18, 2013
Always putting out "fires". Too much chaos, There were a lot of good people to work with.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
the harder you work the "behinder you get".
good place to work
Contractor Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCOctober 29, 2015
I never had any problems with anyone and the work was very professional and I was treated with the utmost respect by all I came into contact with .
Pros
good work ethics
Cons
unfortunately the work ran out
it was an ok shop
Welder (Current Employee) –  brooks albertaJuly 30, 2015
management didn't really care for the employees, they would often send you home if there were no work for weeks instead of trying to give you a few hours
Pros
decent wage
Cons
not steady work