Clearstream Energy Employee Reviews

Dont know how people do it.
Heo operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 January 2017
Few months there; coworkers are great. Staff that train you are incompetent and rude. If you're an operator, they will have no respect for you, basically throw you to the wolves and have you figure things out on your own. I wouldnt go back. Felt miserable at the end of the day. No money is worth working for a company that makes you feel like you aren't a valued employee. The higher ups have no respect for their peers. They talk them down behind their backs in front of others.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Disrespectful and unproffessional.
Run away far away, worst VPs ever
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2016
This company has the worst manager and senior VP ever in this industry

They are more worried about covering their own a and making themselves look good. They will ask for daily reports and meeting but don't listen. You can actually say the same things over again and they will not know just as long as you say something.

They sit there and talk about their BMW, cabins and stupid pocket squares designs lol. Without a clue in the world what the market is doing and they struggles faced by their employees families
Pros
Nice entry level experience then run
Cons
Management wanna be high rollers
Not impressed with the company
Idler crew/ process operator (Current Employee) –  Syncrude aurora Fort Mcmurray Alberta20 September 2016
Clearstream is a ok company to work for. They are not the best, nor are they they worst! I would recommend them as a employer to someone who is just starting out, or someone who is looking for a temporary job.
good safty policey
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK9 November 2016
good place to work. not enough hours. great people that work there .good management taem .would work for them again in the right circumstanaces . need to train staff better
good company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hythe, AB6 December 2016
they are good to work for .. work seasonally for them . would go back when they call me in the spring months. pay on time. they are compassionate. and family orientated.
Cons
cantene
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
Lots of room for learning, good management with good co-workers. Hours are very accommodating. Room for advancement. Recommended place to work
didnt like it there
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB18 August 2016
if you wasnt in a certain group you didnt exist.they took the ones they wanted and the others had to stay in the shop. but they closed there doors in the brooks area.
So far so good
Material and Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB14 March 2016
Well, with the instability in the oil and gas sector, I could say I am blessed to have a fulltime job with benefits. However the nervousness culture has settled into our offices, and we like everyone else have tweaked our resumes in hopes we do not have to use them. Having said that, the only way I would leave is if an opportunity in BC came up...over all things are good.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
long days at times
Productive day of work everytime.Fulfilling job with a good work environment.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB24 February 2016
My typical day of work usually starts with getting a permit to work on a project, picking up materials for the job. Management is awesome, they know how to take care of there employees. As an apprentice pipefitter i've been learning a lot of things everyday. I am continually gaining experience everytime i am on the job. Things that you won't learn at school. I would say the hardest part of the job is waiting for instructions on which job site we are gonna be working on. And what i enjoy the most in my job is learning and gaining experience everyday from my superiors.
Pros
Free BBQ and pizza every friday. We get bonus if we finish our project early.
Cons
Long Hours of work everyday.
Most hypocritical backstabbing company I've worked for.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 February 2016
The job itself is fine, schedule is great, the vast majority of middle management have a positive attitude and are easy to get along with.

Upper management are completely two faced, will talk a big game about safety this and that, how they have their employees back if need be. They will string you along and then throw you under the bus without a second thought at the first opportunity. Don't believe the hype and work this job on a day to day basis. I've seen may people get screwed over undeservedly and eventually became one.

There isn't enough money in the world to make me work for Clearstream again.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Upper management are ruthless hypocrites and out of touch with their workforce
Not good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Syncrude18 June 2016
I have work there for a little wile and management needs to open there eyes or some needs to be replaced......I will never work for them again. Unless there is new management
Good Company
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Foster Creek23 February 2016
Good workers good management. Very short experience with company so hard to give accurate review. Short time I was there had no problems with work and questions being answered.
Pros
good crew
Cons
Hired to many people resulting in lay offs
New at the process
ELECTRICIAN (Third Year Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB7 December 2015
I worked for clear streams new electrical branch which was the first to speak of so there were organization and direction problems among the experienced management but their intentions and rates were great. I would certainly work for them again
Pros
great rates, lots of overtime, paid flights
Cons
project stability wasnt there
Great place
4th Class Operator (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB22 January 2016
My experience is that if you give them your best effort they will bend over to help you out how ever they can. I always found that they would negotiate a really good rate for me as well, even when I didn't feel I needed it.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Positive environment and great leaders to work for
Autoshop Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB.1 October 2015
Prep parts and tools for mechanics and other trades for job completion. Assist mechanics in various daily tasks.
Learned about various safety techniques and strategic job planning.
Enjoyed helping out co-workers with any jobs, or part of that I could assist with.
Even with tight deadlines or pressure situations, the team always found a way to get the work done safely to company standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that between working both opposing shifts, we were all apart of a big family that enjoyed working together.
Great way to gain experience
Heavy Hauler Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 October 2015
Operated all sorts of heavy haulers
Operated water truck and sand truck
Only advancement on small project jobs, but only drove truck in the mine
the job was great for learning and getting to know the mining industry and would recommend this company to anybody looking to start out
Pros
Great door to get into the mining industry
Cons
unstable job with little benefits
COOL PLACE TO WORK
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 September 2015
Intellectual capacity in implementing working procedures and plan for providing the more efficient onsite construction work such as Hydro-test and install fabricated pipe spools within structural steel modular assemblies, adding designed supports as required. Lay-out, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair pressurized piping systems.
Great
QAQC (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB20 January 2016
Great company to work for. the people and the culture are second to none. Safety and people are the main priority. work days are well scheduled. excellent company to train and leartn with.
Most unorganized company ever
carpenter (Former Employee) –  fort saskatchewan6 July 2015
In my short time there I swear I have never seen a more backwards company. They would not get materials or tools for the workers and then blame them for lack of production. People standing around all over the job site, some even sitting because they can't get anything done. I was there as a carpenter and when i requested plywood and 2x4s I was told those materials are "garbage" and why I would need them. I spent days waiting for my foreman to come only to be told I won't be able to work because they hadn't released the work yet. I was there to install grout and they wanted it done the hardest, most backwards way possible. They would not heed my advice for installation and ended up laying me off because they needed "grout specialists" not carpenters. Worst company ever.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible organization, no tools, materials
Alright
apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 January 2016
Clearstream was an alright company to work for and i would love to work with them again someday given the opportunity, small crew when i was there and couldn't of been better.

2.9