ClearStream Energy Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company concerned with quality work but never sacrificeing safety and worker welfare.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Supervisory staff were excellent
Cons: benefits were sub standard
Enjoyable people to work with. Genuinely concerned about your welfare. Safety first.
Supervisory staff would side with worker against employer if the slightest hint of unsafe work. Detailed JSA and JHSA, detailed work permit authorization.
Reliable Management with compentent co workers
Field/Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Sherwood ParkAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Don't take lunch and get to leave early.
Cons: I have yet to find any Cons
The most enjoyable part of working for Clearstream is there is never one day that is the same, I get to work for several projects and meet lots of new contacts. The management team is excellent and help out when needed.
great people, horrible company
Electrical Apprentice Year (Current Employee), nexen long lakeJune 8, 2014
no screening process for the job, poor management, supervision does not have you back. don't pay ot, I work 13 hours a day on a 8 and six rotation. lay offs every month
Fast paced, High pressure with quality demanded
Piping Supervision (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good income
Cons: sporadic work hours
Working at Clearstream has been great. Each day poses new opportunities for personal growth and development as well as a good team environment. I have worked my way up from a pipefitter all the way up to Piping General Foreman. I am grateful for the opportunities they have presented to me.
Excellent Morale, Good Communication, High Retention Rate
Skilled Trades Journeyman (Former Employee), Husky Lloydminster UpgraderNovember 15, 2013
Pros: paid on time, bi-weekly direct deposit
Cons: lack of 14/7 and 20/8 camp rotation shifts
I worked for Clearstream during the 2013 HLU Shutdown in Lloydminster for 60 days. It was a fine experience, excellent morale throughout the crew and onsite office support staff.
Any issues that employees submitted to supervision were resolved to the satisfaction of the employees within a reasonable time frame. A very low attrition rate, and above average retention rate of supervision as well as field crew. Able to develop camaraderie with co-workers and supervision within a relatively short time frame. Just a few days before the shutdown ended, 2 HR staff attended our morning safety talk to offer everyone equal opportunity to apply for jobs starting forthwith at several other projects with intentions of maintaining as many people that wished to continue with Clearstream going forward. The onsite General Foreman worked diligently at maintaining and increasing morale of the Foreman and crew by resolving site coordination issues at the upper level as not to allow any stress to filter down the chain-of command. This alone was very rare, and a welcome sight!
Fast paced environment, lot of work and problem solving
CDMS Team Lead (CDMS is Syncrude system.) (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 22, 2013
Started with timesheets audit (material from prior day worked)against CDMS swipe report. Make all the adjustments necessary on timesheets such us time, skills, PO, work orders, etc.
Prepare a excel payroll summary with all the information from timesheets, layoffs, changes of skill requests.
Provide timesheets for entry in CDMS (site system for invoicing)
Sent corrected timesheets to main office for payroll payment.
Delegate tasks by are to CDMS team, gather reports from entry done and audit against summary.
Assist team members to solve issues regarding PO's or WO's, to ensure high percentage of information to be allocatted in system.
I have learned how to make a team strong.
We did have good relatioship
Not enough resouces to share responsibilities
Sharing tasks accomplised among team mates at the end of each day
clearstream
Mechanical Foreman (Current Employee), carseland AgriumOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good guys
Cons: horrible guys in qc office super lazy
Clearstream was an enjoyable company to work for during the 2013 fall shutdown at Agrium, I had my concerns intially following the stat oil shutdown but were able to redeem themselves with some really great guys out at Agrium along with the big bucks turned this job into a great earner with some great potential for future work out there. If you are considering the Husky Upgradwer I would stay far away as they have a bunch of arrogant no it alls who really don t know much...they are lacking in the leadrship area and those in leadership have a stand off and almost rude approach to the guys on the tools..definetly in need of an overhaul...but a couple changes and it could be ok
In the Middle
QC Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCApril 15, 2013
Pros: safety culture in place
Cons: slightly below average pay scale
Not Bad, Not Great. Growing pains as a result of entity created out of acquisitions and also inability to fill key positions with good people. Sign of the times with so much competition and relatively good economy with lots of work options.
For some acquaintences, getting an accurate paycheque was an issue but luckily not me. Pay was middle of pack to slightly below.
If you want some work its not the bottom of barrel and there are some really good people trying to get the job done.
Good Company
Haul Truck Operator at Aurora Mine (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 23, 2012
Pros: decent pay, good experience.
Cons: short breaks, long day.
Managers and supervisors are well placed, easy to talk to and decently organized. Co-workers are professional. Job is easy, just long hours (from the time you get on the bus to go to work, to when you get home, its about 15 hours). 3 breaks in 12 hours shift, one ten minutes, two twenty minutes.