ClearStream Energy Services Employee Reviews

Another day at the office
Operations Construction Team Foreman (Current Employee) –  La Corey, AB23 August 2017
First off. I think this is silly.
Secondly, Clearstream is just like any other company I've worked for. Some sites have their stuff together, some don't.
All work no play
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB20 July 2017
Enjoyed the work and responsibilities. Workplace not enjoyable. Would not recommend to a friend. There is not much more to say about this company as it is not one I would recommend.
Good
Estimator / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
Good place to work. Good atmosphere. Good scenery. Good colleagues. Good customers. Good products and services. Good compensation. Good working conditions. No complaints
Love This Company
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 April 2017
Although we had our Problems our team stuck together to over come all the challenges we faced. They believe in a team first mentality and a healthy work life balance Would love to work there again.
great team
Plumber/Gasfitter (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 February 2017
great place to work for. the life work balance is what I loved the most If I had the chance I would go back to them in a heartbeat
Growing Service Provider Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
ClearStream is a young but growing service provider built from legacy companies. They lack on processes and expectations are not set for front line management (Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager for R&R's and Delegation of authorities etc...), they want management to do more with less and will not provide adequate training or development.The company doesn't live up to their core values or held people accountable for it. It used to be a very good place to work but the business model focusses more and more on a charge-out model with little to no support from senior management (Director & VP Level) and the work life balance is becoming inexistant.

The HSE culture is paramount and trade people are well surrounded. The well diversified client base allows for non-routine work in a variety of industrial fields such as Oil & Gas, Fertilizers, Pulp Mills etc...

One of the downfall is that their maintenance workers are embedded within their client base & HSE programs therefore the direct supervision model is inadequate.
Pros
Diversified client base
Cons
Unclear Expectations and confusion between BD & Operations Management.
Always on the go
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB22 May 2016
I liked working there you alwaysed learned something new plus there a lot to learn there a great bunch to work for the co workers were always out going a quick to give a helping hand the most part about work with the company is the people never judged always up beat and out going
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
There's always could be a risk just around the corner
Professional
QC Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 January 2016
Good place to work with good people , pay is also good , I would go to work here again should they have more work in the future .
Shutdowns are a good time
Shutdown Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB11 December 2015
I did two spring shutdowns with Clearstream as a labourer and they treat their employees very good.
We are usually a bunch of misfits because its a short temp job. The work is dusty, dirty, loud, and I was often bent over, kneeling, or twisting in a weird way.. probably 65% of the day was spent like this.

I really enjoyed the supervisor we had.
LOA is good too.
Pros
Decent money for a week long temp job
Cons
sometimes the job didnt last all week, not secure employment
Productive workplace.
Chem unloader (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB9 November 2015
Ok company to work for. They are geared for transient workers and not full time permanent employees. Bad that an employee is forced to take their poor and expensive benefit package or you don't have a job if you refuse it.
Great young company.
SENIOR LEADERSHIP (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB16 October 2015
Nothing but upside. The company was a conglomeration of ten plus small companies. The leadership unified the group and is now positioned to be a leader in the O&G industrial services field.

A great young company. I reluctantly left the company for family reasons.
Positive and upbeat work environment.
Regional Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB14 October 2015
This was an amazing place to work. The employees are treated with respect. There is great communication across all business units and from executives. Competitive pay structure and benefits. I miss it!
Pros
Great people!
Cons
restructuring
productive
Scaffolding and pipefitting (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB8 October 2015
Team work great place to work! Learned alot! Guys were great to work with. Work experience was rewarding and educational
It was okay.
Oil Site Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray25 August 2015
I've had worse jobs and I've had better. Would suggest looking for other job opportunities first. Some nice people to work with but, management seems a bit sketchy.
Company concerned with quality work but never sacrificeing safety and worker welfare.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 August 2015
Enjoyable people to work with. Genuinely concerned about your welfare. Safety first.
Supervisory staff would side with worker against employer if the slightest hint of unsafe work. Detailed JSA and JHSA, detailed work permit authorization.
Pros
Supervisory staff were excellent
Cons
benefits were sub standard
Reliable Management with compentent co workers
Field/Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park2 August 2015
The most enjoyable part of working for Clearstream is there is never one day that is the same, I get to work for several projects and meet lots of new contacts. The management team is excellent and help out when needed.
Pros
Don't take lunch and get to leave early.
Cons
I have yet to find any Cons
great people, horrible company
Electrical Apprentice Year (Current Employee) –  nexen long lake8 June 2014
no screening process for the job, poor management, supervision does not have you back. don't pay ot, I work 13 hours a day on a 8 and six rotation. lay offs every month
Fast paced, High pressure with quality demanded
Piping Supervision (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 March 2014
Working at Clearstream has been great. Each day poses new opportunities for personal growth and development as well as a good team environment. I have worked my way up from a pipefitter all the way up to Piping General Foreman. I am grateful for the opportunities they have presented to me.
Pros
Good Income
Cons
Sporadic work hours
Excellent Morale, Good Communication, High Retention Rate
Skilled Trades Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Husky Lloydminster Upgrader15 November 2013
I worked for Clearstream during the 2013 HLU Shutdown in Lloydminster for 60 days. It was a fine experience, excellent morale throughout the crew and onsite office support staff.
Any issues that employees submitted to supervision were resolved to the satisfaction of the employees within a reasonable time frame. A very low attrition rate, and above average retention rate of supervision as well as field crew. Able to develop camaraderie with co-workers and supervision within a relatively short time frame. Just a few days before the shutdown ended, 2 HR staff attended our morning safety talk to offer everyone equal opportunity to apply for jobs starting forthwith at several other projects with intentions of maintaining as many people that wished to continue with Clearstream going forward. The onsite General Foreman worked diligently at maintaining and increasing morale of the Foreman and crew by resolving site coordination issues at the upper level as not to allow any stress to filter down the chain-of command. This alone was very rare, and a welcome sight!
Pros
Paid On Time, Bi-Weekly Direct Deposit
Cons
Lack of 14/7 and 20/8 Camp Rotation Shifts
Fast paced environment, lot of work and problem solving
CDMS Team Lead (CDMS is Syncrude system.) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 October 2013
Started with timesheets audit (material from prior day worked)against CDMS swipe report. Make all the adjustments necessary on timesheets such us time, skills, PO, work orders, etc.
Prepare a excel payroll summary with all the information from timesheets, layoffs, changes of skill requests.
Provide timesheets for entry in CDMS (site system for invoicing)
Sent corrected timesheets to main office for payroll payment.
Delegate tasks by are to CDMS team, gather reports from entry done and audit against summary.
Assist team members to solve issues regarding PO's or WO's, to ensure high percentage of information to be allocatted in system.
I have learned how to make a team strong.
We did have good relatioship
Not enough resouces to share responsibilities
Sharing tasks accomplised among team mates at the end of each day