LOCATION: Fort McMurray, AB
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time (4 - 6 Months Contract)
DEPARTMENT: Clearwater Energy Services LP
With dual reporting to the Regional HSE Manager and the Operations Site Supervisor, the HSE Advisor provides professional Health & Safety leadership, expertise and guidance to operations.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of the established Safety Policies / Procedures on specific projects within the company
- Ensure the maintenance of the highest standards of performance with respect to the Safety Program
- Be knowledgeable of and responsible for complying with all Regulations, Codes, Legislation- Interpret pertinent health and safety regulations
- Conduct safety orientation to all field and office personnel
- Provide safety leadership and legislation guidance to field employees and management
- Assist in the development of safe work standards, practices and procedures
- Lead monthly safety meetings and conduct company safety audits (Internal)
- Coordinate safety training & maintain employee’s training records
- Be a resource for safety related issues
- File a monthly summary report to the HSE Manager
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An understanding of business drivers and the ability to influence and facilitate the development and implementation of health and safety plans, goals and objectives.
- The ability to work effectively in and contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer competency with Microsoft Office applications
- Professional certification or training in Occupational Health and Safety, supplemented by certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation would be considered an asset
- NCSO certification required
- 1-3 years dedicated full-time experience as a HS&E practitioner
- Experience in a fabrication facility, or heavy oil industrial setting considered a strong asset
Indeed - 12 months ago
We are a leading service provider focusing on plant maintenance and shut downs, wear technology, fabrication, construction and...