Would you like to work for one of the most trusted names behind some of the best energy products in Western Canada? Can you envision yourself as part of a team that is 3,000 strong and growing? ClearStream has been helping customers bring energy to our world since 1967. Whether it’s upstream, midstream, or downstream, we bring innovation, safety, and commitment to every project, every time. We have work that works for you!
LOCATION: Hardisty, AB
PROJECT DURATION: January 2014 - December 2014
DEPARTMENT: Industrial Services, Central Region
SHIFT: 10 Days On/4 Days Off
HOURS: 10 Hours Per Day
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, this position will assist in compiling and maintaining control records and related files to release engineering documents and drawings as well as fabrication drawings. This role will also assist in the accurate input of all data pertaining to the above documents and adhering to new procedures when required.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Receive, track, log, file and monitor client engineering and supplier drawings.
- Maintain accurate electronic filing of documents within the framework of the project folder.
- Submit project documents internally in accordance with the Document Distribution Matrix (DDM) as populated by the Project Manager or their designate.
- Submit project documents for review, approval, and information as per the client/supplier requirements.
- Maintain hard copy original drawing files.
- Maintain an awareness of document handling techniques and be responsible for adherence to the document control procedures of each client.
- Monitor all drawings and documentation requirements as outlined by pre-set schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
- Accurately enter all drawing information into the company’s document management program.
- Track all changes to the original scope of the project.
- Prepare and issue transmittals with all distribution both internally and externally.
- Update the Acorn drawing information (data dumps), including welding information.
- Update the status of documents in the document management program as well as project files as they are reviewed by the client.
- Ensure all submittals are processed in a timely manner.
- Upon direction from Supervisor, coordinate with the Turnover Coordinator to archive the documents once the project is complete.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of various software including MS word, MS Excel and Adobe.
- Good working knowledge of manual or electronic document control systems.
- General understanding of computerized catalog systems.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Post-secondary diploma in Information/Document Management, or a suitable combination of education and practical experience managing documents.
- Minimum one to two years of experience in the area of document control with basic working knowledge of engineering technology.
- Previous experience working in an industrial quality control or oilfield related environment is considered an asset.
Please submit resumes to the attention of Carson – careers @ clearstreamenergy.ca or by fax (866) 468-0376. Verbal applications will not be accepted.
Indeed - 8 months ago
We are a leading service provider focusing on plant maintenance and shut downs, wear technology, fabrication, construction and...