Clear Path Employer Services is an HR consulting firm with a specialization in disability management. We are based in Cambridge, Ontario and service businesses across the country.
Clear Path Employer Services believes that knowledgeable and highly motivated employees are our most valuable assets. Our goal is to create an excellent workplace for all employees, where our shared commitment to our clients’ success will be the cornerstone of a high-performing team.
As a member of our disability case management team this role will work closely with the case manager, clients and treating practitioners to medically manage the claims assigned as well as identify opportunities for successful rehabilitation and recovery.
The main focus of this role is primarily medical case management and supporting our client’s employees through enhancing treatment plans, promoting rehabilitative options, and assisting the integrated case management team in return-to-work planning.
WSIB Claim Management Services:
- Be the primary point of contact for the client, taking the lead in the management of each assigned WSIB claim, from referral to closure, utilizing internal & external resources (including medical professionals) as necessary to provide customized solutions to our clients.
- Determine the most effective strategy to deploy in order to achieve successful outcomes for our clients and delegate tasks to team members as necessary.
- Establish an initial estimate of consulting time required to achieve desired outcomes for each claim. Ensure time associated with activities of the team remain within the budgeted amount agreed to with client.
- Create monthly reports for our clients to summarize activities taken, strategies deployed, and recommended next steps for each claim.
- Utilize our online intranet site in a daily basis to log all time associated with your billable activities.
- Consult with clients to manage the RTW process, including planning and implementing early and safe RTW programs in order to minimize lost time per file.
- Manage any initial and ongoing objections, investigation of/or request for SIEF cost relief.
- Create correspondence as necessary to be provided to the client, injured worker, WSIB adjudicator, and/or treating professionals.
- Work cooperatively with the medical consultant to obtain successful closure assigned claims.
- Ensure that all work is done in compliance with privacy and other relevant legislation
General Human Resources Consulting Services:
- Serve as HR consultant, responsible for general HR consulting advice and management of a client account
- Manage specific duties depending on the nature and needs of each customer engagement
- Ensure that all work is done in compliance with privacy and other relevant legislation.
Knowledge & Expertise:
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years of related Disability Management and HR experience.
- Requires a university/college degree or equivalent in Occupational Health or CHRP.
- In-depth working knowledge of HR legislation, including Human Rights Code, The Workers’ Compensation Act, The Health and Safety Act.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proactive, enthusiastic team player able to effectively self-manage and work with minimal supervision.
- Customer service oriented.
- Project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter.