Cleantech Janitorial Management Ltd. is based in Richmond and provides cleaning and maintenance services to commercial establishments and strata buildings throughout the lower mainland. In business since 1996, Cleantech is committed to providing superior, sustainable services to our customers and has seen rapid and continuous growth. Cleantech also offers a great environment for its personnel by providing them a competitive compensation, continuous training and opportunities for growth.
We are currently looking for a Building Caretaker located in the New Westminster area. This is a Part Time position- Tuesday Mornings: 5 hours/Thursday Afternoon: 5 hours. The Building Caretaker is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the interior and exterior of the building and the surrounding grounds.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- General maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs
- Monitoring and general maintenance of heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Cleaning of all common area floors, doors, windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Cleaning of outer areas
- Clean and disinfect washrooms and fixtures
- May be required to perform other minor routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment
- Ordering of all cleaning and other supplies
- Meet trades people and coordinate access to building
- Coordinate with customers/property manager for scheduling moves
- Emptying of trash bins, waste containers and recycle bins
- Replenish supplies such as soaps, paper towels and toilet paper
- May be required to move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 or GED required
- At least 1 year experience in building and mechanical equipment use and maintenance
- Ability to use hand and power tools effectively
- Must be able to maintain buildings and facilities and to operate required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Excellent time management skills; diligent and completes work in a timely manner
- Effective verbal and written communication in English
- Basic computer skills with the ability to use e-mail effectively, program entry phones and Fobs
- Ability to maintain daily log book
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate flexibility and sound work ethics
- Ability to deal with customers in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
- Experience as a handyman an asset
- Pool maintenance experience an asset
If you think you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in confidence.The expected start date for this position is September 10, 2013. Interviews and shortlisting is ongoing.
Cleantech Janitorial Management Ltd. is based in Richmond and provides cleaning and maintenance services to commercial establishments and...