Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

it was close to home
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 December 2016
it was close to home that is why I took the job in the first place .It was a good place to work , I was everyday close to my family and friends again .
SAme
MAJOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2016
Good place to work.
Disconnected.
No pro growth.

I don't have much to say other than that. 150 characters is a long to say about a company i can hardly remember.
Overall I really enjoyed the work I did & the people I worked with.
Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB26 April 2016
Unfortunately since this is an American company, there were a lot of times that they didn't understand that we are a rural community and that the office in Provost (which dealt with 4 other locations other than Provost) does not have easy access to some information from other locations. They also didn't get the fact that the employees in Provost areas multitask in their positions. In other words each office employee does a number of different duties. (e.g.: data entry doesn't do just that, they may also do accounts payable, accounts receivable, investigations, etc). I found that and sometime the lack of access to information very frustrating. I also found there wasn't a lot of support from local management.

My co-workers were fantastic and very knowledgeable.
friendly wordplace
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Coklin Alberta9 May 2016
great place to work/ friendly staff/co-workers, most enjoyable part of the job is I work on what I enjoy on a daily basis which is heavy duty mechanics. The hardest part of the job is none. Management at Clean Harbrs are very friendly and a great bunch to work with overall.
Overall the Company is good, Management requires some guidance.
Health & Safety Representative, NCSO (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2016
The job was enjoyable and the co-workers were great. A great group of hard working people. Direct Management thinks a bit high of themselves. But overall not too bad.
Pros
Great people on the bottom scale of the work, great team environment.
Cons
Direct Management is not understanding and not willing to listen.
not good
EO 1 (Current Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB13 July 2016
If you enjoy being bullied, micro managed and constantly being told how easily you can be replaced then this is the place for you!
Great Team
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2016
I like to work with that small team, team members love to share their valuable ideas and skills, also good coffee.this company is pretty good.
Pros
lovely team
Cons
short contract
large company with ample room to advance
Hydrovac Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 March 2016
-Shift work
-work in the oil sands
-camp living
-co workers were humble and easy to get along with
-hardest part of the job was night shift
-best part of the job is experience and new knowledge
professional attiude
Camp Cook Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 April 2016
Great company to work for , very strict on safety and working within the health and safety guide lines. Lots of training and challenges .
Pros
great wage
Cons
away from home
Accounts Receivable and Payroll
Accounts Receivable Administration (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 December 2015
I started with doing payroll and moved into Accounts Receivable. I enjoy doing both and when the other girl is on holidays I handle the entire workload of A/R, A/P, Payroll, and I also do training for the guys, as well as make sure that the company credit cards are reconciled on a weekly basis. I also make sure that the guys oil field tickets are up to date and if they aren't I make sure that they are booked in to retake the course.
Honestly not a great place to work
Hydrovac operator (Former Employee) –  High River, AB18 January 2016
In my experience the company was very unorganized or at least the division i was at in High River A.B. I found that the dispatcher lacked knowledge of being a dispatcher. We were never given appropriate job details and show up on a job without the appropriate tools etc
Lots of hrs but good pay
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Deville, AB23 March 2016
This is a big company with opportunities to advance in a career, however very long hours and the balance life is almost inexistent, is good if need to save up
it was ok to a certain extent
Camp cook\2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB8 February 2016
well the money was good but no benefits and seeing your family such as your daughters sons grow up away from you and seeing them on a phone was hard also it wasn't a guarantee they had cut the position before i quit
Great place to work if you bring something to the table!
Reactor Entry Technician RET (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan Alberta20 October 2015
I currently work with Clean Harbors and I love it ! All of my skills are utilized and appreciated and I am able to shine every day. Im excited to see what my future has in store here and definitely looking forward to making my imprint on the company. I work as a RET Reactor Entry Technician and its one of the dirtiest jobs ive ever had but I love the rush I get from putting on that helmet.
I was hired from the East Coast and they treat us great! Some sites provide us with a over time meal as per contract. I've been to a few.different sites and different turn arounds in Alberta.
Pros
Hours, Out of town benefits, Pay, Training, Flights
Cons
Last minute decision making, Seasonal work
Productive and fun workplace with a table tennis.
Full-time Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2015
Days at work were very long, Sometimes you get a good manager and sometimes you don't. Can get homesick very easily. I would do this again for 3,000 a month though.
Pros
Free lunches
good place to work
Drillers Helper (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2016
all is good no work. really fun job when there is work not really sure what else to say on here lots of long days in the cold running behind the drill handling explosives
they did not bring back alot of people to save money but should have given more warning so we could have found work.
Camp attendant/ Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2015
I love to stay busy and this job really allowed me to fulfill that. I like to work alone or with others, this job ,
really gave me the opportunity to show my best strengths
Don't work there unless you really need the money
Labourer / Equipment Operator II (Former Employee) –  Albian Mine, Fort McMurray16 August 2015
Rushed out of safety meetings and they try to make you skip safety steps just to start the job sooner. Supervision and management bully anyone they can look down at, will tell you to your face that you are simply an expendable bill to them.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
minimum 16 hour days with travel, bullying management, lax safety
Great people, Great pay
Chemical Cleaning Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2015
My experience at Clean Harbors was very polarizing. As a contractor, some days are very relaxed, but some days are very long and arduous. As a chemical cleaner, the emphasis was always on giving the customer the best service possible while maintaining a safe work environment for all.
Pros
The pay, flexible hours in slow seasons, the people
Cons
very long hours, travelling for work
Fun place to work, good people
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 May 2015
I'm on call 24/7, I enjoy the people that I work with, but would like the pay to be a little higher. There is a significant amount of travel as I cover a fairly large area. The hardest part is sharing my time equally among my groups, it can be difficult with scheduling deadlines, or demands from specific groups. I've learned that time management and prioritization are the keys to stress reduction to the job. It's a good place to work, however the opportunities for advancement are very limited, thus career growth is stagnant.

2.9