Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

large company with ample room to advance
Hydrovac Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 March 2016
-Shift work
-work in the oil sands
-camp living
-co workers were humble and easy to get along with
-hardest part of the job was night shift
-best part of the job is experience and new knowledge
Overall the Company is good, Management requires some guidance.
Health & Safety Representative, NCSO (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2016
The job was enjoyable and the co-workers were great. A great group of hard working people. Direct Management thinks a bit high of themselves. But overall not too bad.
Pros
Great people on the bottom scale of the work, great team environment.
Cons
Direct Management is not understanding and not willing to listen.
it was ok to a certain extent
Camp cook\2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB8 February 2016
well the money was good but no benefits and seeing your family such as your daughters sons grow up away from you and seeing them on a phone was hard also it wasn't a guarantee they had cut the position before i quit
good place to work
Drillers Helper (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2016
all is good no work. really fun job when there is work not really sure what else to say on here lots of long days in the cold running behind the drill handling explosives
Honestly not a great place to work
Hydrovac operator (Former Employee) –  High River, AB18 January 2016
In my experience the company was very unorganized or at least the division i was at in High River A.B. I found that the dispatcher lacked knowledge of being a dispatcher. We were never given appropriate job details and show up on a job without the appropriate tools etc
Productive and fun workplace with a table tennis.
Full-time Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2015
Days at work were very long, Sometimes you get a good manager and sometimes you don't. Can get homesick very easily. I would do this again for 3,000 a month though.
Pros
Free lunches
Accounts Receivable and Payroll
Accounts Receivable Administration (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 December 2015
I started with doing payroll and moved into Accounts Receivable. I enjoy doing both and when the other girl is on holidays I handle the entire workload of A/R, A/P, Payroll, and I also do training for the guys, as well as make sure that the company credit cards are reconciled on a weekly basis. I also make sure that the guys oil field tickets are up to date and if they aren't I make sure that they are booked in to retake the course.
they did not bring back alot of people to save money but should have given more warning so we could have found work.
Camp attendant/ Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2015
I love to stay busy and this job really allowed me to fulfill that. I like to work alone or with others, this job ,
really gave me the opportunity to show my best strengths
Great place to work if you bring something to the table!
Reactor Entry Technician RET (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan Alberta20 October 2015
I currently work with Clean Harbors and I love it ! All of my skills are utilized and appreciated and I am able to shine every day. Im excited to see what my future has in store here and definitely looking forward to making my imprint on the company. I work as a RET Reactor Entry Technician and its one of the dirtiest jobs ive ever had but I love the rush I get from putting on that helmet.
I was hired from the East Coast and they treat us great! Some sites provide us with a over time meal as per contract. I've been to a few.different sites and different turn arounds in Alberta.
Pros
Hours, Out of town benefits, Pay, Training, Flights
Cons
Last minute decision making, Seasonal work
Equipment Operator II (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 October 2015
Provide services to customers on a timely basis. troubleshoot, maintain, and operate equipment with ability and knowledge.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work with great benefits.
Transportation Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2015
Exceptional place of employment. Busy environment that will test your skills and talents. Open line of communication between managers and staff.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Politics
Good hours and Good management
Good pay
Supportive Management
Good place to work for

Clean harbors ,Kindersley
Don't work there unless you really need the money
Labourer / Equipment Operator II (Former Employee) –  Albian Mine, Fort McMurray16 August 2015
Rushed out of safety meetings and they try to make you skip safety steps just to start the job sooner. Supervision and management bully anyone they can look down at, will tell you to your face that you are simply an expendable bill to them.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
minimum 16 hour days with travel, bullying management, lax safety
Field Services Supervisor
Field Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 July 2015
Ensure all aspects to the project are in compliance with regulatory guidelines. Review Health and safety procedures with the project crew.
liked the job and people
Well Site Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC21 July 2015
the management at the time I was there was very nice person to get along with.Always there to talk to and give advice as needed.The work days were long at times but always manageable,if worked a long day and if next day wasn't as busy could take sometime off to get some rest.
Truck driver and heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray16 July 2015
Ran Semi Vac, Water Tanker. Lots learned. Management was decent. Co Workers were good guys to work with. Winter highway driving was the hardest part, the most enjoyable part the people I worked with.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Winter Driving on highways
Great people, Great pay
Chemical Cleaning Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2015
My experience at Clean Harbors was very polarizing. As a contractor, some days are very relaxed, but some days are very long and arduous. As a chemical cleaner, the emphasis was always on giving the customer the best service possible while maintaining a safe work environment for all.
Pros
The pay, flexible hours in slow seasons, the people
Cons
very long hours, travelling for work
Company changes that reflected on my life.
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK12 June 2015
Tired of low pay for being covered in toxic chemicals. Alot of empty promises. Promised options for advancement and turn out to be lies. Poorly, managed and a small click feel about it. Living conditions were horrendous.
Pros
time off
Cons
extermely toxic work enviornment
travel alot
Vessel Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  edmonton10 June 2015
its ok over all, hard work but good pay. no work life balance, good for a single guy, not a family man. good to travel, see the world
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work/life balance
Fun place to work, good people
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 May 2015
I'm on call 24/7, I enjoy the people that I work with, but would like the pay to be a little higher. There is a significant amount of travel as I cover a fairly large area. The hardest part is sharing my time equally among my groups, it can be difficult with scheduling deadlines, or demands from specific groups. I've learned that time management and prioritization are the keys to stress reduction to the job. It's a good place to work, however the opportunities for advancement are very limited, thus career growth is stagnant.

2.9