CLEAN HARBORS

CLEAN HARBORS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This company needs to realize that their facilities in Canada do not need to adhere to American reguatory agencies.
Senior Chemical Technologist (Former Employee), Thorold, ONAugust 10, 2013
Cons: all
Look at the requirements in thier job posting for Thorold, Ontario. DOT, EPA.......These are American regulatory bodies. They have no standing in Canada. Clean Harbor's has always been oblivious to this. They are grossly incompetant and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Dangerous line of work.
Sr. Chemical Technologist (Former Employee), Thorold, OntarioAugust 3, 2013
Pros: they closed the thorold, ontario facility.
Cons: they closed the thorold, ontario facility.
This company blew up one of their facilities near Buffalo, New York.
The local authorities denied them approval to rebuild. They used the insurance money to rebuild the facility in Thorold, Ontario. Through gross incompetance they blew this facility up as well.
i enjoy the work i do
Labourer (Current Employee), ABJuly 30, 2013
Pros: learing the industery
Cons: not getting all my shift in
I have enjoy working with clean harbors and the k3 team and the challenge and task I perform
productive day s
Hydro vac swamper, High pressure technician (Former Employee), edmontonJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough work
I learned how to run a hydro vac truck and work in all different kinds of weather and environment , I also worked with all different kinds of nationalitys and in all different kinds of work places
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2013
Love it, great people, lots of room to advance, relaxed atmosphere.
An Incredible Company to work for.....
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJune 24, 2013
Pros: customers, and family of co workers are a priority
Cons: n/a
Clean Harbors Environmental Services is a phenomenal company to work for. Their values of keeping customers priority, with safe environmental practices, and their high standard achievements succesfully demonstrate an ongoing effort to keep the world a cleaner place.
a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Brigden, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: good rate of pay
Cons: working with hazardous waste
I was employed there for 21 years and really enjoyed working there
Poor Place to Work
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Riley, AlbertaMay 13, 2013
I was hired by Clean Harbors 2 years ago. Class 1 Driver. Training was terrible. It was so rushed to put me in a truck and haul to landfill with waste from plant. Verbal abuse was commonplace at Riley Landfill.
Head Payroll (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2013
Pros: great learning curve
Cons: wad only seasonal
A typical day at work was dealing with many people on a personnel scale and a business level.The management at this company amongest the best I have been associated with. Most everyone were great to work with. I worked there for 26 years so I can't say there were any hard parts to my job. I love the job but had to move due to other issues.I learn new – more... things about our system on a weekly bases. How to get things done in an easier fashion and a more timely manner. – less
Fast paced and learning tools made easy
Administrative Assistant\Relief Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2013
Pros: remote camp setting
Cons: high staff turn over required more extensive training
Clerical duties, Learned Orissa and Camp manager software, experienced Management had a hands on attitude. Staff was willing to go the extra mile for clients. Having to work long days in a office setting with out frequent breaks. Helping clients and staff.
they are a great company to work for
Driller's Helper (Former Employee), Grimshaw, ABMarch 21, 2013
They are a great company, never worked that long for em . Cause I we got shut down and were all sent home. B ut I would go work for them again.
great atmosphere to work in management very understanding and caring
Camp Attendant (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great working rotation in camp
Cons: low wage
Work load was great however the wage was not so great. Great people to work with however.
Very strategic
Human Resources Manager and Business Partner (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: managers and employees
Cons: not enough time in the day to do everything that needs to get done
Great team environment where we work with brilliant and energetic professionals.
WORSE COMPANY EVER
Driver (Former Employee), FirebagAugust 23, 2012
Pros: camp was good
Cons: verbal abuse was unreal, managaement tries to hide incidents, as fas as i could see it was do your job and shut your mouth.
Poor place to work.They treat you like an animal. Boss's verbal abuse is unreal.I reported an incident i had and was threatened with my job.co-workers were great and most had same problem with management.sitting at home they contact you about work but never call you to go,they put on drives to get newer workers so they dont have to pay higher wages.ALL – more... IN ALL WORSE COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR. PURE POISION – less

January 29, 2013

I totally agree. I am still currently employed with clean harbors and have been with them for 5 years, was there at eveready during the buy out in 2009. The company works solely on favoritism for work hours and there is no job security or chance for advancement. Promisses are many and rarely do they follow through. I work in the fort mcmurray division UF and dread every morning i get up to go to work.

May 6, 2013

I hear you worked for N.D. branch they lie about wage they hire friends and move people in the office that have no brains. They have supervisor's that dont know as much as the tech's.And HR does nothing at all to fix anything. Do not waste you time on this branch.

Very hostile workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Corunna, ONAugust 15, 2012
I was unable to perform to the best of my ability, because I felt bullied, harassed and treated unfairly.

December 18, 2012

looks like me and you worked for the same branch, bunch of pathetic good for nothing power trippers

Horrible place to work
class 1 driver (Former Employee), Highriver ,AlbertaAugust 12, 2012
Cons: work 14 to 16 hr days get paid for 12
Do not trust anything they tell you,all lies they just want to fill a seat and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to work.they were getting me to work 14 to 16 hr days then when payday came around they said they dont pay anyone over 12 hrs a day i had to threaten them that i was calling the labour board finally they paid me and – more... then they laid me off.they treat you like a slave but they forget this is canada and workers have rights – less
Breached Contract
Senior Field Service Tech (wastewater) (Former Employee), Acheson/LeducAugust 1, 2012
Pros: swag that's about it.
Cons: really poor management.
They breached their agreement with me as soon as I stepped on site for my second season with the Peak Energy Services/Clean Harbors Wastewater dept. They agreed to camp only work when we negotiated then had me languish in a motel doing local work, not even making 40 hrs for two months. I left there for another equally lame company. Seair Septic.
Stay Away or you will regret it !
logistics (Former Employee), Twinsburg OhioNovember 13, 2014
Pros: vacations days
Cons: pay, hours, no life, no raises, no bonus
These people lie right to your face. They tell you they afre interested in you and have the job,,,,,then they disappear . Most of the staff are uneducated and have no formal training . It runs like a company did twenty years ago. No advancement, nor pay raises, nor bonuses no matter how much you make the company. People are quitting left and right. – more... Don't waste your time and life here. – less
Self-motivating ebvironment
Field Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2014
Outstanding and fun workplace. Daily challenges help develop problem solving skills.
normal day
Mobile Container Fabricator (Current Employee), Burton, MIOctober 17, 2014
just handle normal work days fixing things loading trucks shipping things

About CLEAN HARBORS

Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste – Read more

CLEAN HARBORS Photos