Clean Harbors

• Salary/Benefits
Management is Horrible
Chef (Current Employee), Acheson ABNovember 23, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: low pay, abuse, lack of support and many more
they do not train anyone, throw them in camps and expect they will learn. They hire horrible managers who have no clue how to train or coach employees just sit in the office all day and yak on the cell phone.. The managment have no care for any of the employees or thier concerns at all you tell them your concerns till your blue in the face they just dont care... the most ignorant people in the world. If you want to work in camps stay away from Clean Harbors in Acheson..
Horrible place to work
class 1 driver (Former Employee), Highriver ,AlbertaAugust 12, 2012
Cons: work 14 to 16 hr days get paid for 12
Do not trust anything they tell you,all lies they just want to fill a seat and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to work.they were getting me to work 14 to 16 hr days then when payday came around they said they dont pay anyone over 12 hrs a day i had to threaten them that i was calling the labour board finally they paid me and then they laid me off.they treat you like a slave but they forget this is canada and workers have rights
Breached Contract
Senior Field Service Tech (wastewater) (Former Employee), Acheson/LeducAugust 1, 2012
Pros: swag that's about it.
Cons: really poor management.
They breached their agreement with me as soon as I stepped on site for my second season with the Peak Energy Services/Clean Harbors Wastewater dept. They agreed to camp only work when we negotiated then had me languish in a motel doing local work, not even making 40 hrs for two months. I left there for another equally lame company. Seair Septic.
worst job I ever had
Foreman (Former Employee), lethbridge ABJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: decent pay... that's it
Cons: negative work environment, low tech small building, management is clueless, no one takes responsibility
Very negative atmosphere employees are bullied and hate their life. Management does not take criticism and is verbally abusive. Work is a joke and there's no thought to reduce strain on employees or generate quality product. Its like working in 1911 very low tech get used to paying hot potato and throwing people under the bus
Awesome summer student experience
Office Assistant - Student Intern (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, lots of opportunity
Cons: dirty work conditions, even in offices.
A complete lack of micromanagement is the bane of this company and the boon of new workers. Many areas are mismanaged, but that just means that anyone new can step in and overhaul their own department, treated as the pride of the company for doing so. If you come in with a refined skillset, especially one that helps in logistics and organization, there is a load of opportunity for you.
on line interview
driver (Former Employee), edmonton albertaOctober 15, 2015
Pros: get to go home
Cons: work with non pros
after having 30 years off no accidents and all that experience//they said on line that i wasnt qualified,,,okay so that tells me this place is not a place to work///// good on them tons of other places to work i can tell this one is micro managed by lazy people who have a swingin dooor policy there goal is to hav everyone on earth apply once.......
Don't work there unless you really need the money
Labourer / Equipment Operator II (Former Employee), Albian Mine, Fort McMurrayAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Decent wage
Cons: minimum 16 hour days with travel, bullying management, lax safety
Rushed out of safety meetings and they try to make you skip safety steps just to start the job sooner. Supervision and management bully anyone they can look down at, will tell you to your face that you are simply an expendable bill to them.
Accounts Receivable and Payroll
Accounts Receivable Administration (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABDecember 4, 2015
I started with doing payroll and moved into Accounts Receivable. I enjoy doing both and when the other girl is on holidays I handle the entire workload of A/R, A/P, Payroll, and I also do training for the guys, as well as make sure that the company credit cards are reconciled on a weekly basis. I also make sure that the guys oil field tickets are up to date and if they aren't I make sure that they are booked in to retake the course.
Family freindly home every night
Lead Hand (Current Employee), Red DeerMay 17, 2015
Pros: time off as requested
Cons: advancement is based more on the buddy system then skills and knowledge
typically 40 to 50hrs a week
repair and troubleshoot centrifuges
time off when requested
work very few weekends
management is willing to work with you
excellent group of co workers
head office is in Boston and they are not a big part of your job
Takes a special kind of person to work in a camp setting
General helper/ Camp Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free meals, and transportation back and forth
i really enjoyed working with Clean Harbors, There is always something to do.
It helps when you can multi task and can stand on your feet for long periods of time.
Variety of people from all over the world work in these camps,
Friendly environment to work in
Service Representative IS (Current Employee), Conklin, AlbertaJanuary 22, 2015
Since working for a large company there are many different jobs you can get into to suit your needs and wants. Working at a camp job your co-workers become your second family. Harderst part of the job would be the fact their isn't many female employees. I am one out of three working with approximately 75 guys.
waste of time
driller assistant (Former Employee), grande prairieNovember 24, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: worst pay of all drilling company's, management with no people skills
the workers are good people but management is a joke. drilling division is a joke management will lie to your face and when ya confront them at the shop they will act like it never happened. terrible place to work if you want to waste years of your life go to this division that is going nowhere.
This company needs to realize that their facilities in Canada do not need to adhere to American reguatory agencies.
Senior Chemical Technologist (Former Employee), Thorold, ONAugust 10, 2013
Cons: all
Look at the requirements in thier job posting for Thorold, Ontario. DOT, EPA.......These are American regulatory bodies. They have no standing in Canada. Clean Harbor's has always been oblivious to this. They are grossly incompetant and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Fast paced and learning tools made easy
Administrative Assistant\Relief Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2013
Pros: remote camp setting
Cons: high staff turn over required more extensive training
Clerical duties, Learned Orissa and Camp manager software, experienced Management had a hands on attitude. Staff was willing to go the extra mile for clients. Having to work long days in a office setting with out frequent breaks. Helping clients and staff.
they did not bring back alot of people to save money but should have given more warning so we could have found work.
Camp attendant/ Housekeeper (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 30, 2015
I love to stay busy and this job really allowed me to fulfill that. I like to work alone or with others, this job ,
really gave me the opportunity to show my best strengths
Great people, Great pay
Chemical Cleaning Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2015
Pros: The pay, flexible hours in slow seasons, the people
Cons: very long hours, travelling for work
My experience at Clean Harbors was very polarizing. As a contractor, some days are very relaxed, but some days are very long and arduous. As a chemical cleaner, the emphasis was always on giving the customer the best service possible while maintaining a safe work environment for all.
liked the job and people
Well Site Technician (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCJuly 21, 2015
the management at the time I was there was very nice person to get along with.Always there to talk to and give advice as needed.The work days were long at times but always manageable,if worked a long day and if next day wasn't as busy could take sometime off to get some rest.
Company changes that reflected on my life.
Swamper (Former Employee), Kindersley, SKJune 12, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: extermely toxic work enviornment
Tired of low pay for being covered in toxic chemicals. Alot of empty promises. Promised options for advancement and turn out to be lies. Poorly, managed and a small click feel about it. Living conditions were horrendous.
Honestly not a great place to work
Hydrovac operator (Former Employee), High River, ABJanuary 18, 2016
In my experience the company was very unorganized or at least the division i was at in High River A.B. I found that the dispatcher lacked knowledge of being a dispatcher. We were never given appropriate job details and show up on a job without the appropriate tools etc
An Incredible Company to work for.....
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJune 24, 2013
Pros: customers, and family of co workers are a priority
Cons: n/a
Clean Harbors Environmental Services is a phenomenal company to work for. Their values of keeping customers priority, with safe environmental practices, and their high standard achievements succesfully demonstrate an ongoing effort to keep the world a cleaner place.
Headquarters