CLEAN HARBORS

CLEAN HARBORS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2013
Love it, great people, lots of room to advance, relaxed atmosphere.
An Incredible Company to work for.....
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJune 24, 2013
Pros: customers, and family of co workers are a priority
Cons: n/a
Clean Harbors Environmental Services is a phenomenal company to work for. Their values of keeping customers priority, with safe environmental practices, and their high standard achievements succesfully demonstrate an ongoing effort to keep the world a cleaner place.
a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Brigden, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: good rate of pay
Cons: working with hazardous waste
I was employed there for 21 years and really enjoyed working there
Poor Place to Work
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Riley, AlbertaMay 13, 2013
I was hired by Clean Harbors 2 years ago. Class 1 Driver. Training was terrible. It was so rushed to put me in a truck and haul to landfill with waste from plant. Verbal abuse was commonplace at Riley Landfill.
Head Payroll (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2013
Pros: great learning curve
Cons: wad only seasonal
A typical day at work was dealing with many people on a personnel scale and a business level.The management at this company amongest the best I have been associated with. Most everyone were great to work with. I worked there for 26 years so I can't say there were any hard parts to my job. I love the job but had to move due to other issues.I learn new – more... things about our system on a weekly bases. How to get things done in an easier fashion and a more timely manner. – less
Fast paced and learning tools made easy
Administrative Assistant\Relief Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2013
Pros: remote camp setting
Cons: high staff turn over required more extensive training
Clerical duties, Learned Orissa and Camp manager software, experienced Management had a hands on attitude. Staff was willing to go the extra mile for clients. Having to work long days in a office setting with out frequent breaks. Helping clients and staff.
they are a great company to work for
Driller's Helper (Former Employee), Grimshaw, ABMarch 21, 2013
They are a great company, never worked that long for em . Cause I we got shut down and were all sent home. B ut I would go work for them again.
great atmosphere to work in management very understanding and caring
Camp Attendant (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great working rotation in camp
Cons: low wage
Work load was great however the wage was not so great. Great people to work with however.
Very strategic
Human Resources Manager and Business Partner (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: managers and employees
Cons: not enough time in the day to do everything that needs to get done
Great team environment where we work with brilliant and energetic professionals.
WORSE COMPANY EVER
Driver (Former Employee), FirebagAugust 23, 2012
Pros: camp was good
Cons: verbal abuse was unreal, managaement tries to hide incidents, as fas as i could see it was do your job and shut your mouth.
Poor place to work.They treat you like an animal. Boss's verbal abuse is unreal.I reported an incident i had and was threatened with my job.co-workers were great and most had same problem with management.sitting at home they contact you about work but never call you to go,they put on drives to get newer workers so they dont have to pay higher wages.ALL – more... IN ALL WORSE COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR. PURE POISION – less

January 29, 2013

I totally agree. I am still currently employed with clean harbors and have been with them for 5 years, was there at eveready during the buy out in 2009. The company works solely on favoritism for work hours and there is no job security or chance for advancement. Promisses are many and rarely do they follow through. I work in the fort mcmurray division UF and dread every morning i get up to go to work.

May 6, 2013

I hear you worked for N.D. branch they lie about wage they hire friends and move people in the office that have no brains. They have supervisor's that dont know as much as the tech's.And HR does nothing at all to fix anything. Do not waste you time on this branch.

Very hostile workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Corunna, ONAugust 15, 2012
I was unable to perform to the best of my ability, because I felt bullied, harassed and treated unfairly.

December 18, 2012

looks like me and you worked for the same branch, bunch of pathetic good for nothing power trippers

Horrible place to work
class 1 driver (Former Employee), Highriver ,AlbertaAugust 12, 2012
Cons: work 14 to 16 hr days get paid for 12
Do not trust anything they tell you,all lies they just want to fill a seat and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to work.they were getting me to work 14 to 16 hr days then when payday came around they said they dont pay anyone over 12 hrs a day i had to threaten them that i was calling the labour board finally they paid me and – more... then they laid me off.they treat you like a slave but they forget this is canada and workers have rights – less
Breached Contract
Senior Field Service Tech (wastewater) (Former Employee), Acheson/LeducAugust 1, 2012
Pros: swag that's about it.
Cons: really poor management.
They breached their agreement with me as soon as I stepped on site for my second season with the Peak Energy Services/Clean Harbors Wastewater dept. They agreed to camp only work when we negotiated then had me languish in a motel doing local work, not even making 40 hrs for two months. I left there for another equally lame company. Seair Septic.
Not a great place to work
PO Administrator (Former Employee), Norwell, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no advancement, no recognition, outrageous healthcare deductible, low morale
Corporate office does not pay well. Not liveable wages. No room for advancement. No reviews. No raises. No recognition. Morale is low. Day-to-day isnt too bad. A lot of paper pushing but thats expected. Decent benefits including PTO and 401K match. Coworkers of mine who had been there 7 years only received two 2% raises in their time with the company.
My – more... department worked very hard through a major business acquisition putting in long hours every week for months, only to receive zero recognition/appreciation/compensation and have our hours cut.
Management is not well received across the board. – less
long hours, longer hours, minimal room for advancement while working very long hours
UNDISCLOSED (Former Employee), CLEVELAND, OHIOAugust 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay although ot is the only way to make money, raises for performance are out of the question.
Cons: never seeing your family & missing out on all family focused events
Busy is great. Always work to be done at a pace of 90 mph with your hair on fire. Loved most aspects of the job as far as work tasks are concerned. The amount of work for one person is that of 2-3 people. Hours average 70-85 hour work weeks including days, nights, weekends and holidays. Non-accommodating to understanding family and work life balance.
People there were very caught up in small town drama and gossip
Receiving Technician (Former Employee), NEJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great pay, 16.50 starting!
Cons: they hold the pay against you, think they are irreplacable
I felt as if i was with the military while working there. I know jobs can be less stressful with the proper training and managment. I liked a few co workers but the managment and people in charge were childish and caught up with video games and youtube. while at work.
Business as usual.
Field Services (Current Employee), EverywhereJuly 12, 2014
Fast paced and friendly environments. Management lacking at times. Decent pay.
Confidential
Environmental Tech (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2014
Fast Paced,Professional,Diverse,Employees/Management.
Wages/BenefitsCompetitive
Horrible application
applicant (Former Employee), MAJuly 4, 2014
Do not waste your time! Absurdly long application

Life is too short to be filling out these applications with needless information
Treated as a number not a person
Supervisor (Current Employee), Norwell, MAJune 12, 2014
Pros: some other employees were a pleasure to work with
Cons: don't care for employees, very poor upper management, no appreciation for what employees do for them
This company cares nothing for the lives of its employees. They also don't care how much their employees give to them.

About CLEAN HARBORS

Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves – Read more

CLEAN HARBORS Photos