Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

8 years wasted
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2017
Terrible company to work for. Worked for 2 different divisions and it was the same lies. You work hard after being promised promotions that never come. Raises every 2-3 years and the new guys get paid the same if not more than you do. Boom and bust cycle of work. HR is a nightmare to deal with. Sub standard equipment. If you like just being a number then this is the place for you! Guys on the crew were good though. Clean Harbors claims to care about their employees but they really don't. It's all about money, took away RRSP matching and benefits cost you more and more every year as they take away more benefits. Management has perfected the art of telling you what you want to hear at the moment. Its a dead end job, profits over people everyday of the week. The Clean Harbors way!
Pros
Good guys
Cons
Everything Else
This company has great wages and benefits
Class 3 Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC19 June 2017
Clean Harbors provided great wages and benefits in order for me to support my family. My family and I's quality of living was so great with this company due to the fact that the wages were so amazing. We were able to travel a bit and afford some luxuries of life like new vehicles, and a travel trailer.
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Not very good job security
labor/mixing job
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
if this is the same company that bought Eveready in Edmonton, AB, you do not want to work here or for companies like this. CEDA, etc will just use and abuse you. You are expendable to these types of companies and the culture and workplace reflect that. I do not recommend working for this company.
lot of travle
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 June 2017
we travled all over sask alberta an Manitoba stayed in hotel rooms ate bad food the pay was good so where the guys I worked with an the work wasn't bad I got used to it
Pros
traveled all over
Cons
the long drives
I enjoyed Clean Harbors
Hydro vac/Vac/Combo-Vac Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2017
This palce was an amazing place to work. Until the new government came and really started to push Carbon Taxes. Effecting Industrial jobs heavily. And our higher ups wouldn't listen to the department managers!!
Pros
Steady hours for a good stint
Cons
the overhead people at the time where oblivious.
fast pace and stressfull
Heavy Duty Technician (Current Employee) –  Leduc County, AB24 May 2017
all jobs must be quoted and approved for repair at the last minute and you are expected to work late to finish, the shop has a poor parts department and a lot of most used parts are not kept in high quanity
Pros
freindly staff
Cons
poor managment surport a work to finish attitude
good workplace
operater driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 May 2017
morning:saftey meeting then get truck ready walk around get water then off to the job site. bosses good helpful, management could look ahead more often ,good happy employees,working out in minus 52 is the hard part,most enjoyable is working with happy emploeess.
Pros
good bossess saftey personal
Cons
minus 52 below
Good place just not enough regular work
Camp Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2017
Great employer to work for when they have work. I just finished a run with them that was supposed to last 3 weeks only went one week and then there was no work the week thereafter and possibly no work coming up next week

Overall they're a good company to work for in mt experience they simply don't have consistent steady work all the time and this recent shut down really has put me in a bind
poor leadership
Camp Manager (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB16 May 2017
Was very unstructured company to work with. Very mismanaged and a number of issues happened regularly. Poor grocery for clients. Equipment Breakdowns and lack of trained staff to work with. Unsafe
Pros
learned time manageent
Cons
long hours with no management relief
Awesome Company to work for.
Driver, Fluids Hauling (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB11 April 2017
The chemical hauling division in Leduc is one of the best places I have worked. Management always has an open door and ear. Problems are dealt with in a time sensitive and courteous manner.
The entire building, from upper management, right down the line are extremely easy to work with. I would suggest this business to anyone with at least 5 years of experience. Clean Harbors is proud of the Drivers that they have, but don't think you will drive here if you are right out of school.
Horrible place to work.
Laborer/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Lethb1 April 2017
If you don't mind being disrespected, lied to, worked like a dog and then let go for no reason (literally - they will tell you "for no reason"), then this job is for you! BCT pays pretty good, but always watch your pay stubs because they very frequently miss hours and try to underpay you. Don't be misled into thinking this will be long-term employment - they seem to have no use for good, loyal, hard workers who want stable employment.
Pros
Decent pay, and benefits.
Cons
Literally everything else.
it was a very good place to work
Class three truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2017
My summary of working with Clean Harbours was a great experience. The only reason I left for work elsewhere was because of lack of work there. I would definitely go back there to work if there was work available and if they were hiring.
Possibly the biggest joke of a job one can have
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 March 2017
Never in my life have experienced such disrespect to the individual and such moronic management. Bct is a joke. Worst job I ever had. I was forced to fire good employees for no reason. Put up with constant threats to myself and coworkers of termination. Blame game for every issue. You will be thrown under the bus.
Pros
I guess the pay is ok?
Cons
Everything... not even bothering to list
Awful place to work.
Wet Dry Vac Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 March 2017
The hours are inconsistent, training is terrible. There is no work/ life balance here at all. You're always on call and management is highly unprofessional. Do yourself a favour do not apply here. The worst most unorganized branch of Clean Harbors I've ever seen.
Pros
Good pay cheque
Cons
Long hours, management
five years wasted at clean harbors
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 March 2017
the management is lost and clueless, no future , management rude to workers to many people walking around doing nothing journeymen getting paid for doing nothing , Forced overtime , lousy work environment
Pros
Cons
mistreatment of staff, unsafe conditions
nice camp
Combo operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2017
great accommodations is about the only positive comment I can make. very poorly mananged skills and work ettics mean nothing to them its who you know. very sad....
Pros
great foood
Cons
good old boys club
Good old boys club
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 February 2017
Same work every day. To much bureaucratic. Management tries to make it a good place to work for but stalls often. Lots of promises that never come true.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, rrsp, good shifts
Cons
You get drained in rules and watch everybody break them
JUst get the job done.
Wastewater Processing / Potable Water Production (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC10 February 2017
Have to work with what you have on hand... Hard to get new supplies. I worked way off site and in reality it was very isolated.
Pros
Proper pay
Lots of opportunity
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 January 2017
Far to many aspects and divisions within the company to make a fair assessment on whole company. Have learned through experience many aspects of the hazardous waste industry, many of my co-workers are great people with a passion for customer service and running a good division.The hardest part of my job balancing work and personal life. I have enjoyed learning and becoming very knowledgeable about the industry.
Pros
Room for advancement for hard working individulas
Cons
large cooperation
Some good guys but mostly rookies that don't know how to drive a truck
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB18 January 2017
The supervisor had his pecking order and the same guys went out in the same order every day no respect for full time employees part time winter warriors often made a higher wage
Lots of days with no work
Pros
Lots of other divisions if they have any work
Cons
Don't pay for travel poor upper management top heavy too many chiefs lots of old tired equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clean Harbors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9