Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Awesome Company to work for.
Driver, Fluids Hauling (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB11 April 2017
The chemical hauling division in Leduc is one of the best places I have worked. Management always has an open door and ear. Problems are dealt with in a time sensitive and courteous manner.
The entire building, from upper management, right down the line are extremely easy to work with. I would suggest this business to anyone with at least 5 years of experience. Clean Harbors is proud of the Drivers that they have, but don't think you will drive here if you are right out of school.
Horrible place to work.
Laborer/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Lethb1 April 2017
If you don't mind being disrespected, lied to, worked like a dog and then let go for no reason (literally - they will tell you "for no reason"), then this job is for you! BCT pays pretty good, but always watch your pay stubs because they very frequently miss hours and try to underpay you. Don't be misled into thinking this will be long-term employment - they seem to have no use for good, loyal, hard workers who want stable employment.
Pros
Decent pay, and benefits.
Cons
Literally everything else.
it was a very good place to work
Class three truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2017
My summary of working with Clean Harbours was a great experience. The only reason I left for work elsewhere was because of lack of work there. I would definitely go back there to work if there was work available and if they were hiring.
Possibly the biggest joke of a job one can have
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 March 2017
Never in my life have experienced such disrespect to the individual and such moronic management. Bct is a joke. Worst job I ever had. I was forced to fire good employees for no reason. Put up with constant threats to myself and coworkers of termination. Blame game for every issue. You will be thrown under the bus.
Pros
I guess the pay is ok?
Cons
Everything... not even bothering to list
Awful place to work.
Wet Dry Vac Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 March 2017
The hours are inconsistent, training is terrible. There is no work/ life balance here at all. You're always on call and management is highly unprofessional. Do yourself a favour do not apply here. The worst most unorganized branch of Clean Harbors I've ever seen.
Pros
Good pay cheque
Cons
Long hours, management
five years wasted at clean harbors
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 March 2017
the management is lost and clueless, no future , management rude to workers to many people walking around doing nothing journeymen getting paid for doing nothing , Forced overtime , lousy work environment
Pros
Cons
mistreatment of staff, unsafe conditions
nice camp
Combo operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2017
great accommodations is about the only positive comment I can make. very poorly mananged skills and work ettics mean nothing to them its who you know. very sad....
Pros
great foood
Cons
good old boys club
Good old boys club
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 February 2017
Same work every day. To much bureaucratic. Management tries to make it a good place to work for but stalls often. Lots of promises that never come true.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, rrsp, good shifts
Cons
You get drained in rules and watch everybody break them
Lots of opportunity
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 January 2017
Far to many aspects and divisions within the company to make a fair assessment on whole company. Have learned through experience many aspects of the hazardous waste industry, many of my co-workers are great people with a passion for customer service and running a good division.The hardest part of my job balancing work and personal life. I have enjoyed learning and becoming very knowledgeable about the industry.
Pros
Room for advancement for hard working individulas
Cons
large cooperation
Some good guys but mostly rookies that don't know how to drive a truck
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB18 January 2017
The supervisor had his pecking order and the same guys went out in the same order every day no respect for full time employees part time winter warriors often made a higher wage
Lots of days with no work
Pros
Lots of other divisions if they have any work
Cons
Don't pay for travel poor upper management top heavy too many chiefs lots of old tired equipment
Productive, fun environment with learning opportunities.
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2017
Clean Harbors' culture is one where you are empowered to go as far as you are willing to go for personal development. You are encouraged to take the initiative with given tasks, and you are recognized and appreciated for the skills and knowledge you take to the table. You are not micromanaged at all, and is treated fairly and respectfully at all times. The work environment is fun, safe and tolerant.
Pros
Free parking, modern up to date equipment and software, safety, active workplace health and safety program.
Cons
Salary need to be more competitive.
no steady work
ο Combo and sandwich maker / 1st Breakfast cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2017
no job security, new workers get more work than workers who have been with them for years. no travel pay to get there. no permanent camps. location changes constantly.
Pros
Cons
work longer than you are paid
great company to work for
Centrifuge Hand/Filtration Manager (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB6 January 2017
very good salary, lots of divisions to choose from, great benefits and good management. ppe and equipment are always up to date and available, lots of company perks and a large company so you have tons of room to move and grow.
Job insecurity
E/O driver ll (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB31 December 2016
I started at clean harbors as super b truck driver. In 2 months they let me drive super b only twice or three times. The rest of times they sent me on a vac truck for almost 2 weeks as a swamper and also covered wash bay. They also made me do jobs other than driving such as cleaning tank tops in another company.

After two months, they called me in saying that they are terminating my employment. They said they didn't see any improvement.

This company is really a joke. They don't train you in a right way and they expect you to know all. I moved to Leduc and changed all my address on my docs and stuff trusting this company and thinking that this company could be the company I can work at. Unfortunately, they just play. I never recommend trusting this company.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lies by management, job insecurity, not proper training.
Unprofessional
Clerk/Housekeeping Manager/Camp Helper (Former Employee) –  Wood Buffalo, AB21 December 2016
For starters a company that takes away all your benefits for no reason and in that same month gives raises to upper management is appalling to me. Things were picking for the camps and they suddenly started getting rid of individuals or different ethnicity, because this came from a very close source to the heads they want to make it less ethnic and more comfortable for the managers. It irked me considering how all the way up to management barely have a high school diploma and they judge individuals. honestly I'm glad I no longer working for them its a very toxic environment. Anybody you ask will agree. My opinion is get rid of every upper management including Kirk since he has no idea what is happening in his own company even during the fort mac fires he came and left just as quickly, only to claim he knew what was going on.
Pros
some great people who suffer with you
Cons
the company and management
it was close to home
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 December 2016
it was close to home that is why I took the job in the first place .It was a good place to work , I was everyday close to my family and friends again .
great
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 November 2016
I operated loader and backhoe for this company. was dealing with serious chemicals in alberta.i ran excavator to dig chemical ponds out.very scary but cool and safe
Clean Harbors
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
Its the best place to work , as they always keep Employees Safety First and always appreciate employee to promote their personal experience .
Decent place to work overall
operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 November 2016
I really enjoyed my time at clean harbors but was turned off eventually by the constant payroll errors,corruption in management(embezzlement and wage theft) and the rampant drug use thats overlooked by management,also rampant drug and alcohol abuse by management.
Pros
Adjustable schedule, cenovus contract
Cons
drug use, wage theft, corruption
i love the staff there thay also have a recroom
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
it is amazing place to work you are treated good the salary is good i have learned about safety all my co-worker are good the hardest part of the job is shoveling snow the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients
Pros
free board and food while your in camp
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clean Harbors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9