Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

great
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 November 2016
I operated loader and backhoe for this company. was dealing with serious chemicals in alberta.i ran excavator to dig chemical ponds out.very scary but cool and safe
Clean Harbors
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
Its the best place to work , as they always keep Employees Safety First and always appreciate employee to promote their personal experience .
i love the staff there thay also have a recroom
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
it is amazing place to work you are treated good the salary is good i have learned about safety all my co-worker are good the hardest part of the job is shoveling snow the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients
Pros
free board and food while your in camp
Cons
good
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 November 2016
great sales folks. Operations lead company which will make the sales role difficult in executing customer requirements. overall good experience with everyone.
SAme
MAJOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2016
Good place to work.
Disconnected.
No pro growth.

I don't have much to say other than that. 150 characters is a long to say about a company i can hardly remember.
Great safe environment positive attitude and family based company to work for treats contracted employees own.
Albian sands shell shutdown (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 October 2016
98 percent of my jobs have been for clean harbors and I must say that the vast knowledge I have learned over this short experience has been much appreciated. My experience has grown and will continue to grow with future opportunities as they present themselves. I definitely recommend clean harbors you any personelle that is looking to get work accomplished safely and efficiently
Awesome company to work for
Helping Privy Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 September 2016
My typical day at work was great. Management is awesome. Organization was great. Loved my co-workers. Great people. Enjoyed everything about the job. I super enjoyed working for this company. since they lost their contract at syncrude I super miss everyone I worked with and most of them still keep in touch. Got along well with everyone I worked with. Awesome company to work for.
Pros
Awesome Supervisors
Cons
Long Hours but great
Not a career
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 August 2016
Clean Harbors does appear to appreciate it's employees. Nor does it seek to improve their employee's skills or compensation through employee development. Not a good company to build a career,

With the recent down turn in oil prices, Clean Harbors has had to reduce it's compensation to it's employees this does not make it a stable place to build a family or future.
Very good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2016
I enjoyed working here, the workers were all knowledgeable and help me when I needed a hand. They all enjoyed working with each other and hung out after work to better get to know the people we, at times, put our lives in the hands of. Management was great and worked hard to make sure the workers were happy.
Pros
Good hours, Great Environment
Cons
Salary could have been better
Frustrating business culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2016
Company focused on tribal growth and often missed the mark for individual business units that resulted in retarding the growth required to be successful.
Pros
Good people involved in management at all levels
Cons
Not enough focus on individual business unit growth
friendly work place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 July 2016
Never stop leaning the safety aspect in the oil refinery in dustier,the hardest part of the job is training the younger kids the important ness to listen and ask question if they are not sure of a task because we are working in oil refineries one mistake cloud cost your life or others,
Pros
traveling see lots of places in Canada that i would of never seeing
Cons
Being put on nights for 3 months at a time working 7 / 12 straight
Productive job with many knowlagable people
Wastewater technitian (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC13 July 2016
Slower during the summer months where we would get caught up on servicing gear and fixing units with the occasional field services. During winter months we would be busy installing waste water treatment plants for rig and camp workers in isolated areas.
not good
EO 1 (Current Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB13 July 2016
If you enjoy being bullied, micro managed and constantly being told how easily you can be replaced then this is the place for you!
just a number
Pipefitter - Remote Dredge Operator/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB24 May 2016
you may always be working but you are still just a number camps where nice but you where not allowed to have a single drink on a 24 day rotation. now im not a boozer but when you are in a wet camp everyone is enjoying a nice cold one day on day out and you just watch i felt like ei was under a microscope and in public school again.
Pros
always working
Cons
no sense of family
Lodging Services-no idea what they are doing.
Lodging Services (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB10 May 2016
Co-workers and immediate supervisors were great people. Unfortunately the presidency, vice presidency, HR all went to school together so if you are not part of the "team" you pretty much are on your own. Safety and any business sense are are not on the agenda only what makes the "team" look good to the mother ship in Boston.

Run...just run.
Pros
good salary..if you can get it in writing, an understand there will be no raises unless you are willing to fight hard for it.
Cons
See above
friendly wordplace
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Coklin Alberta9 May 2016
great place to work/ friendly staff/co-workers, most enjoyable part of the job is I work on what I enjoy on a daily basis which is heavy duty mechanics. The hardest part of the job is none. Management at Clean Harbrs are very friendly and a great bunch to work with overall.
Great Team
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2016
I like to work with that small team, team members love to share their valuable ideas and skills, also good coffee.this company is pretty good.
Pros
lovely team
Cons
short contract
Overall I really enjoyed the work I did & the people I worked with.
Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB26 April 2016
Unfortunately since this is an American company, there were a lot of times that they didn't understand that we are a rural community and that the office in Provost (which dealt with 4 other locations other than Provost) does not have easy access to some information from other locations. They also didn't get the fact that the employees in Provost areas multitask in their positions. In other words each office employee does a number of different duties. (e.g.: data entry doesn't do just that, they may also do accounts payable, accounts receivable, investigations, etc). I found that and sometime the lack of access to information very frustrating. I also found there wasn't a lot of support from local management.

My co-workers were fantastic and very knowledgeable.
professional attiude
Camp Cook Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 April 2016
Great company to work for , very strict on safety and working within the health and safety guide lines. Lots of training and challenges .
Pros
great wage
Cons
away from home
Lots of hrs but good pay
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Deville, AB23 March 2016
This is a big company with opportunities to advance in a career, however very long hours and the balance life is almost inexistent, is good if need to save up

2.9