Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Some good guys but mostly rookies that don't know how to drive a truck
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB18 January 2017
The supervisor had his pecking order and the same guys went out in the same order every day no respect for full time employees part time winter warriors often made a higher wage
Lots of days with no work
Pros
Lots of other divisions if they have any work
Cons
Don't pay for travel poor upper management top heavy too many chiefs lots of old tired equipment
Productive, fun environment with learning opportunities.
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2017
Clean Harbors' culture is one where you are empowered to go as far as you are willing to go for personal development. You are encouraged to take the initiative with given tasks, and you are recognized and appreciated for the skills and knowledge you take to the table. You are not micromanaged at all, and is treated fairly and respectfully at all times. The work environment is fun, safe and tolerant.
Pros
Free parking, modern up to date equipment and software, safety, active workplace health and safety program.
Cons
Salary need to be more competitive.
no steady work
ο Combo and sandwich maker / 1st Breakfast cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2017
no job security, new workers get more work than workers who have been with them for years. no travel pay to get there. no permanent camps. location changes constantly.
Pros
Cons
work longer than you are paid
great company to work for
Centrifuge Hand/Filtration Manager (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB6 January 2017
very good salary, lots of divisions to choose from, great benefits and good management. ppe and equipment are always up to date and available, lots of company perks and a large company so you have tons of room to move and grow.
Job insecurity
E/O driver ll (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB31 December 2016
I started at clean harbors as super b truck driver. In 2 months they let me drive super b only twice or three times. The rest of times they sent me on a vac truck for almost 2 weeks as a swamper and also covered wash bay. They also made me do jobs other than driving such as cleaning tank tops in another company.

After two months, they called me in saying that they are terminating my employment. They said they didn't see any improvement.

This company is really a joke. They don't train you in a right way and they expect you to know all. I moved to Leduc and changed all my address on my docs and stuff trusting this company and thinking that this company could be the company I can work at. Unfortunately, they just play. I never recommend trusting this company.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lies by management, job insecurity, not proper training.
Unprofessional
Clerk/Housekeeping Manager/Camp Helper (Former Employee) –  Wood Buffalo, AB21 December 2016
For starters a company that takes away all your benefits for no reason and in that same month gives raises to upper management is appalling to me. Things were picking for the camps and they suddenly started getting rid of individuals or different ethnicity, because this came from a very close source to the heads they want to make it less ethnic and more comfortable for the managers. It irked me considering how all the way up to management barely have a high school diploma and they judge individuals. honestly I'm glad I no longer working for them its a very toxic environment. Anybody you ask will agree. My opinion is get rid of every upper management including Kirk since he has no idea what is happening in his own company even during the fort mac fires he came and left just as quickly, only to claim he knew what was going on.
Pros
some great people who suffer with you
Cons
the company and management
it was close to home
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 December 2016
it was close to home that is why I took the job in the first place .It was a good place to work , I was everyday close to my family and friends again .
great
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 November 2016
I operated loader and backhoe for this company. was dealing with serious chemicals in alberta.i ran excavator to dig chemical ponds out.very scary but cool and safe
Clean Harbors
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
Its the best place to work , as they always keep Employees Safety First and always appreciate employee to promote their personal experience .
Decent place to work overall
operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 November 2016
I really enjoyed my time at clean harbors but was turned off eventually by the constant payroll errors,corruption in management(embezzlement and wage theft) and the rampant drug use thats overlooked by management,also rampant drug and alcohol abuse by management.
Pros
Adjustable schedule, cenovus contract
Cons
drug use, wage theft, corruption
i love the staff there thay also have a recroom
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
it is amazing place to work you are treated good the salary is good i have learned about safety all my co-worker are good the hardest part of the job is shoveling snow the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients
Pros
free board and food while your in camp
Cons
good
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 November 2016
great sales folks. Operations lead company which will make the sales role difficult in executing customer requirements. overall good experience with everyone.
SAme
MAJOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2016
Good place to work.
Disconnected.
No pro growth.

I don't have much to say other than that. 150 characters is a long to say about a company i can hardly remember.
Great safe environment positive attitude and family based company to work for treats contracted employees own.
Albian sands shell shutdown (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 October 2016
98 percent of my jobs have been for clean harbors and I must say that the vast knowledge I have learned over this short experience has been much appreciated. My experience has grown and will continue to grow with future opportunities as they present themselves. I definitely recommend clean harbors you any personelle that is looking to get work accomplished safely and efficiently
Awesome company to work for
Helping Privy Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 September 2016
My typical day at work was great. Management is awesome. Organization was great. Loved my co-workers. Great people. Enjoyed everything about the job. I super enjoyed working for this company. since they lost their contract at syncrude I super miss everyone I worked with and most of them still keep in touch. Got along well with everyone I worked with. Awesome company to work for.
Pros
Awesome Supervisors
Cons
Long Hours but great
Not a career
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 August 2016
Clean Harbors does appear to appreciate it's employees. Nor does it seek to improve their employee's skills or compensation through employee development. Not a good company to build a career,

With the recent down turn in oil prices, Clean Harbors has had to reduce it's compensation to it's employees this does not make it a stable place to build a family or future.
Very good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2016
I enjoyed working here, the workers were all knowledgeable and help me when I needed a hand. They all enjoyed working with each other and hung out after work to better get to know the people we, at times, put our lives in the hands of. Management was great and worked hard to make sure the workers were happy.
Pros
Good hours, Great Environment
Cons
Salary could have been better
Frustrating business culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2016
Company focused on tribal growth and often missed the mark for individual business units that resulted in retarding the growth required to be successful.
Pros
Good people involved in management at all levels
Cons
Not enough focus on individual business unit growth
friendly work place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 July 2016
Never stop leaning the safety aspect in the oil refinery in dustier,the hardest part of the job is training the younger kids the important ness to listen and ask question if they are not sure of a task because we are working in oil refineries one mistake cloud cost your life or others,
Pros
traveling see lots of places in Canada that i would of never seeing
Cons
Being put on nights for 3 months at a time working 7 / 12 straight
Productive job with many knowlagable people
Wastewater technitian (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC13 July 2016
Slower during the summer months where we would get caught up on servicing gear and fixing units with the occasional field services. During winter months we would be busy installing waste water treatment plants for rig and camp workers in isolated areas.

2.9