Clean Harbors Employee Reviews in Canada

Lodging Services-no idea what they are doing.
Lodging Services (Former Employee) –  Acheson, ABMay 10, 2016
Co-workers and immediate supervisors were great people. Unfortunately the presidency, vice presidency, HR all went to school together so if you are not part of the "team" you pretty much are on your own. Safety and any business sense are are not on the agenda only what makes the "team" look good to the mother ship in Boston.

Run...just run.
Pros
good salary..if you can get it in writing, an understand there will be no raises unless you are willing to fight hard for it.
Cons
See above
Overall I really enjoyed the work I did & the people I worked with.
Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Provost, ABApril 26, 2016
Unfortunately since this is an American company, there were a lot of times that they didn't understand that we are a rural community and that the office in Provost (which dealt with 4 other locations other than Provost) does not have easy access to some information from other locations. They also didn't get the fact that the employees in Provost areas multitask in their positions. In other words each office employee does a number of different duties. (e.g.: data entry doesn't do just that, they may also do accounts payable, accounts receivable, investigations, etc). I found that and sometime the lack of access to information very frustrating. I also found there wasn't a lot of support from local management.

My co-workers were fantastic and very knowledgeable.
Overall the Company is good, Management requires some guidance.
Health & Safety Representative, NCSO (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
The job was enjoyable and the co-workers were great. A great group of hard working people. Direct Management thinks a bit high of themselves. But overall not too bad.
Pros
Great people on the bottom scale of the work, great team environment.
Cons
Direct Management is not understanding and not willing to listen.
friendly wordplace
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Coklin AlbertaMay 9, 2016
great place to work/ friendly staff/co-workers, most enjoyable part of the job is I work on what I enjoy on a daily basis which is heavy duty mechanics. The hardest part of the job is none. Management at Clean Harbrs are very friendly and a great bunch to work with overall.
Accounts Receivable and Payroll
Accounts Receivable Administration (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABDecember 4, 2015
I started with doing payroll and moved into Accounts Receivable. I enjoy doing both and when the other girl is on holidays I handle the entire workload of A/R, A/P, Payroll, and I also do training for the guys, as well as make sure that the company credit cards are reconciled on a weekly basis. I also make sure that the guys oil field tickets are up to date and if they aren't I make sure that they are booked in to retake the course.
Honestly not a great place to work
Hydrovac operator (Former Employee) –  High River, ABJanuary 18, 2016
In my experience the company was very unorganized or at least the division i was at in High River A.B. I found that the dispatcher lacked knowledge of being a dispatcher. We were never given appropriate job details and show up on a job without the appropriate tools etc
large company with ample room to advance
Hydrovac Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 11, 2016
-Shift work
-work in the oil sands
-camp living
-co workers were humble and easy to get along with
-hardest part of the job was night shift
-best part of the job is experience and new knowledge
it was ok to a certain extent
Camp cook\2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Acheson, ABFebruary 8, 2016
well the money was good but no benefits and seeing your family such as your daughters sons grow up away from you and seeing them on a phone was hard also it wasn't a guarantee they had cut the position before i quit
Great Team
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 6, 2016
I like to work with that small team, team members love to share their valuable ideas and skills, also good coffee.this company is pretty good.
Pros
lovely team
Cons
short contract
professional attiude
Camp Cook Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaApril 11, 2016
Great company to work for , very strict on safety and working within the health and safety guide lines. Lots of training and challenges .
Pros
great wage
Cons
away from home
Great place to work if you bring something to the table!
Reactor Entry Technician RET (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan AlbertaOctober 20, 2015
I currently work with Clean Harbors and I love it ! All of my skills are utilized and appreciated and I am able to shine every day. Im excited to see what my future has in store here and definitely looking forward to making my imprint on the company. I work as a RET Reactor Entry Technician and its one of the dirtiest jobs ive ever had but I love the rush I get from putting on that helmet.
I was hired from the East Coast and they treat us great! Some sites provide us with a over time meal as per contract. I've been to a few.different sites and different turn arounds in Alberta.
Pros
Hours, Out of town benefits, Pay, Training, Flights
Cons
Last minute decision making, Seasonal work
Lots of hrs but good pay
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Deville, ABMarch 23, 2016
This is a big company with opportunities to advance in a career, however very long hours and the balance life is almost inexistent, is good if need to save up
on line interview
driver (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaOctober 15, 2015
after having 30 years off no accidents and all that experience//they said on line that i wasnt qualified,,,okay so that tells me this place is not a place to work///// good on them tons of other places to work i can tell this one is micro managed by lazy people who have a swingin dooor policy there goal is to hav everyone on earth apply once.......
Pros
get to go home
Cons
work with non pros
Productive and fun workplace with a table tennis.
Full-time Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2015
Days at work were very long, Sometimes you get a good manager and sometimes you don't. Can get homesick very easily. I would do this again for 3,000 a month though.
Pros
Free lunches
good place to work
Drillers Helper (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 21, 2016
all is good no work. really fun job when there is work not really sure what else to say on here lots of long days in the cold running behind the drill handling explosives
they did not bring back alot of people to save money but should have given more warning so we could have found work.
Camp attendant/ Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 30, 2015
I love to stay busy and this job really allowed me to fulfill that. I like to work alone or with others, this job ,
really gave me the opportunity to show my best strengths
Don't work there unless you really need the money
Labourer / Equipment Operator II (Former Employee) –  Albian Mine, Fort McMurrayAugust 16, 2015
Rushed out of safety meetings and they try to make you skip safety steps just to start the job sooner. Supervision and management bully anyone they can look down at, will tell you to your face that you are simply an expendable bill to them.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
minimum 16 hour days with travel, bullying management, lax safety
Great place to work with great benefits.
Transportation Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Exceptional place of employment. Busy environment that will test your skills and talents. Open line of communication between managers and staff.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Politics
Great people, Great pay
Chemical Cleaning Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2015
My experience at Clean Harbors was very polarizing. As a contractor, some days are very relaxed, but some days are very long and arduous. As a chemical cleaner, the emphasis was always on giving the customer the best service possible while maintaining a safe work environment for all.
Pros
The pay, flexible hours in slow seasons, the people
Cons
very long hours, travelling for work
liked the job and people
Well Site Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BCJuly 21, 2015
the management at the time I was there was very nice person to get along with.Always there to talk to and give advice as needed.The work days were long at times but always manageable,if worked a long day and if next day wasn't as busy could take sometime off to get some rest.