Clean Harbors Environmental Services

Clean Harbors Environmental Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An Incredible Company to work for.....
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJune 24, 2013
Pros: customers, and family of co workers are a priority
Cons: n/a
Clean Harbors Environmental Services is a phenomenal company to work for. Their values of keeping customers priority, with safe environmental practices, and their high standard achievements succesfully demonstrate an ongoing effort to keep the world a cleaner place.
Great Place to work
Field Services Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 28, 2014
a good place to learn and a great place to work
the safety regulations are second to none
Room for improvement
Receiving Chemist (Current Employee), Aragonite, UTJanuary 11, 2014
Plenty of hours, a long commute, and endless frustration. There seems to be a lack of communication or at least understanding. The lack of understanding makes safety and hygeine less emphasized the productivity and profits.
Useful and essential form of employment.
In-Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Laurel, MDDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits and good atmosphere.
Cons: no advancement opportunities within and terrible hours.
hardest part of my job is working the night shift that i work.
i enjoy the people i work with.
my program manager is very humble and knowledgeable.
The company seems to care about it's employees
Facility Maintenance (Current Employee), Westmorland, CANovember 23, 2013
Pros: on line training offered, uniforms and safety equipment provided, competative wages.
Cons: nothing major, just some slight delays in getting needed tools or equipment shipped out sometimes.
I've been working for them since January 2013 and I have no major gripes. The management I work for treat me well, the company provides training and uniforms and the wages are more than fair.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this employer to anyone looking a career type work.
Fun place to work! Loved CHB!
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati OhioNovember 22, 2013
Provider of environmental service cleanup, remediation, emergency response, industrial cleaning and regulatory compliance services
Great challenge and learning opportunity
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Kimball, NENovember 3, 2013
Pros: essential "cog" with recognizable effects
Cons: challenges with "operator error" vs. equipment issues
A typical day would involve routine calibrations or maintenance of instrumentation or electrical systems under our control. Any call on the radio might redirect us to a present problem or concern in the production process. Frequent multi-disciplinary troubleshooting required.

Learned a wealth of troubleshooting skills regarding instrumentation, control, – more... and power systems.

Management very supportive with "free reign" within our group to make and implement many system changes and upgrades.

Co-workers very skilled in different disciplines, and opportunities to share and learn from each other.

Hardest part - troubleshooting an unfamiliar system
Most rewarding - successfully troubleshooting an unfamiliar system – less
Great place to learn
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), San Leon, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: great people i work with
Cons: plant is old, no maintenance being done.
I haved learned a lot from this location. Been here since 1996. Meet alot of great people and learned from them.
Energenic team player
Reactor Operater (Former Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 21, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: too far to work
Check with the supervisor for what is on the schedule for the day.Work off batch sheet for reactor specs.Change filter press to roll-off. Off load trcks with hazardous waste. Job can be hard on the body.
Good company to work for.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Norwell, MASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: benefits
I started working for this company when there were only about 100 employees and now the company has grown and we now have 500 + employees working at the corporate location. This is a good company to work for, easy commute, and ok benefits. I've been with the company for over 15 years and looking for a change in my career. I would love to grow old with – more... this company but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to survive. – less
Productive & Fast pace
Sr. Lead Chemist (Former Employee), Greenbrier, TNAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: 100% travel; 12-18hr/ day; 6-7 day week.
Hardest part of the job was the a typical day and the travel.
Normal work shift 12-18hrs, 6-7 days a week. 100% travel.
Though the pay was decent, and most of the management was good hearted.
Best of the Best!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2013
Pros: tons of training and you'll never stop learning - room for advancement and relocation
Cons: not much bad to say about ches as a whole . . .
Clean Harbors is top-notch and the 800-lb Gorilla in the Waste Industry but they also have the unique addition of a multitude of other services that sets them apart from all other companies of similar backgrounds. Clean Harbors is a "Turn-Key" company in that they can perform the entire project (large or small) without the need for sub-contractors or – more... other vendors. They really "Do it all" and do it well! – less
Working on heavy equipment
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Chattanooga TnAugust 8, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: healthcare
trucks come in and whatever needs to be done.I work on them. Been there for awhile,
Good company for people not interested in laboratory chemistry
Clean Pack Chemist (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 29, 2013
Pros: decent pay, lots of overtime, great coworkers, travel breaks up the monotony
Cons: no pay for cdl, advancement opportunities are unclear, degree in chemistry does not seem to factor into advancement scheme
My primary concern is that the company does not pay for your CDL even though one is required within 90 days of hire.
Lower management is awesome!
Feast or Famine
Environmental Technician II (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJuly 24, 2013
Pros: only when it's busy, you can make any money on low pay scale.
Cons: everything else!!!
On call 24/7 but sit around days or weeks waiting for the phone to ring....but when it finally does, you better not be busy or have prior engagements or you're getting written up. Either you're working 80 plus hours a week or none. Cant support a family with such unstable work.
Nice place to work. Good, friendly people. Comfortable atmosphere
Apollo Administrator (Current Employee), Port Neches, TxJune 26, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
Environmental department personnel are all friendly, and we all work well together as a team. A typical day can run from extremely busy, to slow and easy, depending on the work load that day.
Work 70hrs one week and 2hrs the next.
Field Services Technician (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJune 26, 2013
Pros: nothing!
Cons: everyone will stab you in the back to make them look better. can't trust anyone, which isn't good when dealing with deadly chemicals.
Definitely the worse job I've ever had! Would not recommend to my worst enemy. They treat you like they own you. You have no life. All work, no time to play. They text you at midnight telling you, you are going out of town the next day. Management ifs horrible too
Professional, hard working company
Expense Coordinator (Current Employee), Norwell, MAApril 25, 2013
Pros: alot of employee activities
Cons: short breaks
I get to work by 8:30 and get started right away. I started as a Fuel Tax Specialist and moved my way over to Expense Coordinator, where I have learned about Accounts Payable, and Invoices, and how to cut an invoice. My co-workers are very nice but alot older, elderly almost. For my job type, there really isn't anything hard about it.
Excellent company
Wastewater Plant Operator (Former Employee), Mass.April 6, 2013
Pros: large company
Cons: sometimes requires long hours
Great benfits, liberal overtime, quality management - hazardous waste company - well known thoughout teh USA and Canada.

Extensive training mandatory and provided
productive work day at clean harbors.
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tucker, GAFebruary 5, 2013
transport transformers,load and unload oil from transformers, learned how to operate electrical pump tanks, worked efficenitly with co-workers and overall enjoyed the job.

Clean Harbors Environmental Services Photos