Reporting to the Service Supervisor, this position is accountable and responsible for performing preventative and emergency servicing on various Class 1 Inc.’s medical vacuum and air systems and their control panels in customer hospitals and medical facilities. The person filling this role must possess knowledge and technical skills for concepts, procedures and troubleshooting techniques on mechanical and electrical systems and equipment (HVAC certification an asset). Technicians are responsible for equipment performance and assisting with extended maintenance to related devices and components and must be capable of understanding and interpreting diagnostic reports and propose and carry out corrective action needed for repair. All work should be performed in the utmost safest manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Mechanical, electrician certification required (or HVAC certification)
- Possess strong electrical control circuit knowledge to aid in troubleshooting
- Display acceptable reasoning skills based on theory and equipment design specifications
- A ‘customer first’ attitude with ability to maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate a positive attitude with fellow employees
- Possess knowledge for concepts, procedures, and troubleshooting techniques, for HVAC and or electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read electrical blueprints and color-coded controls schematics
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the application of tools, test equipment and meters to effectively diagnose equipment problems and/or failures
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Must have valid drivers license
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Ability to see with corrected eyesight of 20 x 20.
- Ability to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds on a regular basis throughout a shift
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to respond to call for bi monthly rotation 24-hours a day when assigned.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -