Clarke Transport Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Good position as a first job
Billing Clerk/Back-up Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 29, 2016
Working as a billing clerk at Clarke requires several things:

First, a typical day begins by checking email. Often I resolve any billing issues from our OS & D department and cover those before tackling the main billing queue.

Second, you need to be quick with a keyboard. Everyone has approximately 20 minutes to bill each load that comes in their queue so speed--and accuracy--are essential.

Third, knowledge of Canadian geography is required. A lot of accounts are based on the direction in which they are going as this affects rates.

I learned a lot about Canadian geography and significantly increased my typing speed.

Management is relatively minimal as you are expected to function as a self-starter, which is fine for someone such as myself.

The most enjoyable part is probably the flexible hours and team-like environment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Confusing and unstructured training, flimsy communication system, compensation does not reflect quantity and type of work performed.
fun place to work
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 5, 2016
A place I called home, loved the people and the work ethics. Great clients to deal with always co-operative. However the micro managing and favoritism was unbearable. Working in the transportation business is hectic enough trying to keep things moving smoothly and without interruption, but at times the job became challenging due to having to deal with micro managers and their unprofessionalism. Too focused on peoples personal habits rather than their professional experience.
Pros
company employee appreciation functions
Cons
too many micro managers
Good Large company with multiple support from management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2014
Very flexible decent company cared about their employees well being & provided a safe healthy environment.
Pros
recieved tickets to oilers game vs toronto mapleleafs
Cons
long hours slightly under staffed
really enjoyed this position although very stressful.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoyed my coworkers and my supervisor very much. I also enjoyed helping customers resolve transportation issues. It was very satisfying.
Pros
excellent co workers and supervisor
Cons
long hours on occasion and very stressful .
opened office in La Salle Que. Great Job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MaislinMay 6, 2012
Managed office Prepare entries rate Present to Customs
Handeling an office on my own
Head office was good
they were vert respectful
I had no problem
Having my own set hours but worked 9:00 to 5:00
Worked for Clarke twice, Once in Kitchner,
that didn't work out
Pros
taking as long for lunch as i wanted
Cons
heavy work load
Great Job
Dispatch/Billing Clerk, Receiving & Rates Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONOctober 15, 2012
It was just time to move on... Hours were a bit crazy, but good...