Clark Builders Employee Reviews

Good Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 March 2017
Director needs to know what is going on down the chain level before making hastened decisions.
Work is great. Benefits are good. Construction and project managers are nice to work with. Supers and foreman are knowledgeable of what they are doing.
Nice atmosphere.
always lots of fun on big projects
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
Worked on lots of different big projects like police stations, hospitals, common wealth stadium and many more . Was nice having different job tasks making the project a lot of fun and was able to learn a lot about the other trades and building materials .
Pros
fast pace
Cons
had none
a large company
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Alberta31 October 2016
my typical day was wake up, do what I'm told, go to sleep. they are a large company and tend to treat their apprentices who don't really fit in anywhere as cannon fodder.
Pros
home every night
Cons
couldnt get along with some of the superintendants
Lots of work, if you are no union
Ironworker / Steel Erector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Good place to work, lots of low quality work. Lots of poor attitude as well as sloppy management when in regards to building quality
Good job for 2-3 years but little chance of advancement.
JOURNEYMAN CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2016
Human resource department is a little shady. Only advice I can give is "Don't drink the purple koolaid". Work there long enough and you will understand it a little better.
productive fun work place
Pre engineered steel erector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2016
i was an ironworker there and it was a very good place to work just wasnt as steady as i hoped got laid off all the time but they usually do call back
was a great experience so far from home
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT18 November 2016
enjoyed getting to see new parts of Canada and worked with great people would go back to Yellowknife and work if I didn't have a child
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
its an outdoors job so if you re willing to work in all kinds of weather then this is the job for you. So the people are great also
Pros
outdoors
Cons
outdoors
Company has many good carpenters
Carpenter Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2016
This company has many good carpenters but has weak management. This has a trickle down affect and creates unfavourable working conditions for those in a supervisory roll.
Wages were very competitive, hours are competitive depending on which project you are on.
The diversity in work has constant and enjoyable.
Loyalty to the company was not reciprocated which is unfortunate.
Pros
Competitive wages and working hours
Cons
Poor management of employees
With so many different sub contractors, each with their own safety culture everyone had to work hard to work it all together to a safety success.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, Alberta15 October 2015
I worked for a short time with Clark Builders as I was on my way to a full time job with Fluor Energy. In this short time I could see that there was a great improvement among all the workers and different trades to work safely together in such a small congested area with avoiding conflict among any one. It was great to see a safety culture progression working towards success.
Pros
This is a Suncor site with huge participation from Suncor, in Tool Box Meetings as well as Safety Meetings, this being well received by workers.
Cons
At that time the roads were gravel and it was cold icy winter weather with terrible roads, this has definitely changed over the past years.
Great management. great wages
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2016
Gained much experience, great co workers, Office staff go above and beyond. The crew i was working with made going to work easy and enjoyable.
Pros
high wages.
Fun times
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
I worked there for 4 and half years enjoyed working with different crews all over alberta. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows over all in was an enjoyable time and if I had a choose will do the whole thing all over again
Great people, very employee freindly, and good place to work
Superintendent, Metal Building Division (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2012
I worked all over Canada with this company. Got to see and do many different aspects of the construction world. The reason I am the tradesman I am today is because of the pride in quality and workmanship expressed every day at work. I became superintendant with this company and got to oversee multi million dollar projects.
Pros
great people
Cons
no more room for advancement
was a good working enviroment,
msbe/picker operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2012
we would first have our saftey meeting then get our assinments for the day.but throughout the day it was great working with these guys.i was shown how to operate a picker various other eguipment,hardest part was carring some of the steel had to walk out the purlins up at different heights.the best part was i made lots of good friends.
Pros
met good people
Cons
not very good pay
All was good till new foreman took over and clashed with everyone yet same crew still together and got along fine.
cladder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2013
Gained lots of experience. We excelled and were praised but new foreman made it hard for everyone and a bunch of us walked out.The first foreman we had was great but since we did such a good job they moved him to Calgary. It was never the same after that.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
foreman was not team player.
___
Financial Accountant, Finance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2016
Workload is manageable yet challenging, but salary/benefit is lower than what other companies offer for the same type of work.
Stable company, strong business ethics, great team atmosphere
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2013
Overall very good company. They treat their employees well, lots of company bbq's & team building activities. Friendly staff, nice office environment, lots of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great team, established company, nice office environment
Cons
Project Managers expected to put in overtime
Productive and excellent leadership and communication
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2012
I learned how to deconstruct scaffolding, and strip forms. I came in with a smile on my face because I was losing weight and and I loved the work I was doing. The hardest part of the job was the ammount of mud we had to work in, but the best part about the site was the friendly environment.
Pros
sleep in
Cons
late nights
construction job
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  edmonton, AB Saskatoon, SK4 March 2014
Middle of the road construction company, no better, no worse than the other major construction companies, Competitive wages and benifits.No feed back of an employee's performance. Job placement not inline with emplyee's skill level
Pros
lots of work/overtime, good HR team
Cons
job placement does not meet skill level
Good company
Accounts Payable Clerk - Materials/Sub-Contracts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people whether it be Project Managers, Administrative Staff and Upper Management. I enjoyed working with the vendors and sub-contractors to resolve any issues they may have with invoices.