Clark Builders Employee Reviews in Canada

___
Financial Accountant, Finance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Workload is manageable yet challenging, but salary/benefit is lower than what other companies offer for the same type of work.
Company has many good carpenters
Carpenter Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
This company has many good carpenters but has weak management. This has a trickle down affect and creates unfavourable working conditions for those in a supervisory roll.
Wages were very competitive, hours are competitive depending on which project you are on.
The diversity in work has constant and enjoyable.
Loyalty to the company was not reciprocated which is unfortunate.
Pros
Competitive wages and working hours
Cons
Poor management of employees
Great management. great wages
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Gained much experience, great co workers, Office staff go above and beyond. The crew i was working with made going to work easy and enjoyable.
Pros
high wages.
Cons
With so many different sub contractors, each with their own safety culture everyone had to work hard to work it all together to a safety success.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AlbertaOctober 15, 2015
I worked for a short time with Clark Builders as I was on my way to a full time job with Fluor Energy. In this short time I could see that there was a great improvement among all the workers and different trades to work safely together in such a small congested area with avoiding conflict among any one. It was great to see a safety culture progression working towards success.
Pros
This is a Suncor site with huge participation from Suncor, in Tool Box Meetings as well as Safety Meetings, this being well received by workers.
Cons
At that time the roads were gravel and it was cold icy winter weather with terrible roads, this has definitely changed over the past years.
fairly not bad, i guess we all run out of work sooner or later
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  grande prairie abApril 21, 2015
great learning opportunities, poor management with jobs , great benefits, great people. sometimes bbq's for lunch courtesy of CAT rentals
Fun times
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
I worked there for 4 and half years enjoyed working with different crews all over alberta. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows over all in was an enjoyable time and if I had a choose will do the whole thing all over again
All was good till new foreman took over and clashed with everyone yet same crew still together and got along fine.
cladder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2013
Gained lots of experience. We excelled and were praised but new foreman made it hard for everyone and a bunch of us walked out.The first foreman we had was great but since we did such a good job they moved him to Calgary. It was never the same after that.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
foreman was not team player.
construction job
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  edmonton, AB Saskatoon, SKMarch 4, 2014
Middle of the road construction company, no better, no worse than the other major construction companies, Competitive wages and benifits.No feed back of an employee's performance. Job placement not inline with emplyee's skill level
Pros
lots of work/overtime, good hr team
Cons
job placement does not meet skill level
Productive Workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Management and coworkers were all very skilled and willing to work hard and take on difficult tasks in creative ways. I liked working on the many different projects big and small that they had available.
Great place to work.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTAugust 9, 2015
Working at a movie store is a really chill job. I learned how to properly clean dvds and blurays even got to watch the gradual takeover of blurays. Great family atmosphere.
Great company & worked with professional construction management team and different trades.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 25, 2014
I work full time on site and a typical day would be busy reviewing and processing shop drawings, IFC drawings and submit necessary RFI's to the consultant's due to conflict in construction documents and actual site condition. Clarified information must be shared to the different trades ASAP for proper execution of work related to the change, thus minimizing delay & to not affect the budget.Constantly reviewing construction documents like the specifications and IFC's helped me properly monitor the progress of the project and if the work sequence and materials used are compliant to the spec's. Working with professional management team & the trades aiming on timely project delivery, unequalled quality workmanship as common goal is always a challenge. Delay to me is the hardest part of the job. The true reward is when the project is completed on time and on budget and by physically seeing the actual building grow from foundation until completed, when the design was justified, turned over and occupied.
Pros
flexibility in working hours
Cons
tight schedule
nice people
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  edmontonApril 7, 2015
allround a good company to work for, all employees and management are lovely people but there is a lack of organisatin and communication.
Great people, very employee freindly, and good place to work
Superintendent, Metal Building Division (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2012
I worked all over Canada with this company. Got to see and do many different aspects of the construction world. The reason I am the tradesman I am today is because of the pride in quality and workmanship expressed every day at work. I became superintendant with this company and got to oversee multi million dollar projects.
Pros
great people
Cons
no more room for advancement
Excellent place for a trades person
general labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 6, 2012
Typical construction duties like doing carpentry, concrete and other works. I learned how to use many tools. I wasn't much in touch with management.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
nothing if you like construction.
Good company
Accounts Payable Clerk - Materials/Sub-Contracts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people whether it be Project Managers, Administrative Staff and Upper Management. I enjoyed working with the vendors and sub-contractors to resolve any issues they may have with invoices.
Stable company, strong business ethics, great team atmosphere
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2013
Overall very good company. They treat their employees well, lots of company bbq's & team building activities. Friendly staff, nice office environment, lots of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
great team, established company, nice office environment
Cons
project managers expected to put in overtime
carpentry work , outdoors , extreame temp, building buildings
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTSeptember 10, 2012
was ok , but no certificates , not verry good pay for work being done,
was doing more work than papered carpenters, was not happy with pays.
Pros
not too many, except i was making money.
Cons
was doing more than papered carpenters
Very safe and people concious company
Industrial Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 11, 2012
Great company to work for to start off as a career, really enjoyed working with a great group of people and a great managment team.
was a good working enviroment,
msbe/picker operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2012
we would first have our saftey meeting then get our assinments for the day.but throughout the day it was great working with these guys.i was shown how to operate a picker various other eguipment,hardest part was carring some of the steel had to walk out the purlins up at different heights.the best part was i made lots of good friends.
Pros
met good people
Cons
not very good pay
Productive and excellent leadership and communication
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2012
I learned how to deconstruct scaffolding, and strip forms. I came in with a smile on my face because I was losing weight and and I loved the work I was doing. The hardest part of the job was the ammount of mud we had to work in, but the best part about the site was the friendly environment.
Pros
sleep in
Cons
late nights

4.2