Clariant Employee Reviews

goood company
Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP9 November 2016
tell us more about working at this company
grteat companyg at this company
grteat company

good salary and benefitg at this company
grteat companys
A nice place to work
Regional IT Support GCC (Current Employee) –  Dubai1 November 2016
Clariant is a nice place to work. You will find a number of professional here. Working is very peaceful today. But the only problem is the job security!
Pros
Free Lunch
Leading innovative company.
Supply Chain Officer (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC25 September 2016
Leading international chemical manufacturer with high regard to safety and environmentally sustainability policies. Very much team orientated with a high degree of training available.
Pros
Modern office, free fruit and coffee.
Cons
Long hours lean on staff.
new upper management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Belen, NM24 July 2016
The are worried about shining the place up . Making it look god and drop cost aren't going to sustain the business. Product quality down. That should be the concern. Leaving a job I love. The new guys have the wrong agenda. Run don't work for them. .
Pros
loved the job
Cons
new management looking at wrong fixes. they will spit shine an leave it ucdon't fix production
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taft, CA21 July 2016
Had fun working there, Met some good quality people working there, has some good training programs, opportunities for travel, experience building opportunties
new and fun working enveriment always something new going on.
3rd Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Belen, NM12 July 2016
I enjoyed everything I did I just couldn't do graveyards anymore. I was great at everything put in front of me and if I wasn't I didn't stop till I was.
A workplace full of opportunities to learn
Regional Key Account Manager & Export Responsible (Current Employee) –  Gebze, Kocaeli11 July 2016
I have learnt a lot in Clariant and improved my sales technical and business wise. Company has challenges being a customer oriented organisation because of very slow reaction.
Great place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albion, MI7 June 2016
Great co-workers, the hardest part would be a very dirty place due to products that were being made and the exhaust air wasn't up to par. Management was great to work with, every part of the job duties was a learning experience, love learning new things. Typical day was fixing machines that were down that needed to be working on a timely matter. I love a challenge at work also, I feel I'm a hard worker.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Dirty Place
Throw-away temps
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belen, NM5 May 2016
This place gets most of their workers from temp agencies. Once the temp is close to 6 months of working, Clariant fires most if not all temps. I observed numerous good working individuals get fired for sorry reasons. They work the heck out of you and toss you aside for the next throw away. Most of the hire ons are lazy and keep their click together. My ex supervisor use to look at inappropriate images on the computer. Treatment of temps equal to that of Wal marts treatment of their employees
Pros
40 + hr work weeks
Cons
sorry management
Great people and interesting industry
In-house Key Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chloorkop, Gauteng20 April 2016
Every day was busy, which I enjoyed. There were a lot of customer orders for raw materials to be distributed countrywide to Clariant's customers. I followed up daily on POD's which is a very important concept for Clariant. I arranged for the raw materials to be collected by the transporters, to be delivered accordingly.

I learnt their SAP system and management were wonderful yet professional. The hardest part of the job was working on SAP for Clariant's blends of raw materials into the finished product.

Overall, I enjoyed everything about Clariant, the managers, co-workers, the service providers like all the transporters and BPL warehousing staff.
Pros
Understanding if I had to leave earlier to attend to matters
Cons
Battling at times to receive quick answers
Close to home
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NC8 March 2016
Good company to work for. Great people.

Managers and co-workers were great to work with.
Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Very nice place to work for, Nice culture, great co-workers and management. Nice structure with what job need to get done
Level 1 Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM4 March 2016
The days are very busy but not to stressful with a great culture surrounding its co- workers. Management gives you the things to get the job done.
The work experience was good however I would like to work in a more friendly environment
Summer Intern Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Albion, MI29 January 2016
Most of the time I was located in the Quality Control Lab where I would check the product for being off color, badly cut, or contamination. I learned how many different polymers acted and how they react with each other, from nylons to ABS and polypropylene to PVC. The hardest part of the job for me was the work environment itself. The managers of the plant and the workers did not work well together or get along. It made for an unhealthy work environment. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was learning about how many different kinds of polymers there are and how they act.
A Day In The Life
Quality Assurance Manager / ESHA manager (Current Employee) –  Colton CA8 October 2015
Typical day revolves around resolving Quality issues, Customer issues, new material coordination, safety & environmental training & programs. Auditing on Quality, Safety & Environmental. New product/project communications with project teams.
Pros
Mostly good environment at local level. Free coffee.
Cons
Lack of personnel suport.
Good MNC culture
Executive (On Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MH2 September 2015
Good compnay sharing the knowledge with the freshers. providing opportunites and supports to achieve the same. provides not only professional culture but also the social welfate nature
Very informative workplace to work in
SHEQ MAnager (Current Employee) –  Kwazulu Natal16 July 2015
A Typical Day at Work.

My day at work will involve attending meetings
Co ordinate HAZOP Studies
Co ordinate Risk Assessment
Perform Process Risk Analysis
Managing all safety Aspect
Security Management
Budget Control
Decision Making

What I have learnt

I have learnt that each organization is unique to one another,
I have learnt that embracing diversity is the very important aspect in one once life, in order to be able to accommodate others and their cultures and values .
I have learnt that respect others opinion and work together towards a common goal is the key to success.

I have learnt to manage people, and that people come from different background and therefore you should treat them in way that you are able to accommodate where they come from, and that we are not all of us at the same level when its comes to understanding the vision and the mission of the company.

Co-workers.

I have to respect them but being able to be frank enough to tell them once they have crossed the line without being rude to them nor intimidate them

The hardest Part of the Job
Making people to accept change, accept safety culture and the new regulations ,instilling the safety culture in people.

The most enjoyable part of my Job

Working with people ,see different people everyday and learning something new everyday and the interaction with the people
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Long Hours
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas25 June 2015
Overall good company with excellent compensation package. Much more driven by financial markets, rather than delighting their customers. Lacking in brand recognition and no clarity on what they want to become as a specialty chemical manufacturer. Good people to work with, though management isn't as engaged at lower levels.
Pros
Diverse market access and strong compensation
Cons
Not concerned with customer service at executive level, however employees are very concerned regarding this.
Great experience, wish it could have been longer
Chemical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, Tx1 March 2015
I worked offshore for Clariant for 5 months. Unfortunately when I joined the oil prices were on the way down. I ended up being laid off after 5 months because the customer requested to reduce our service team in half for their account. I was the last person to join the team and with having the least experience I was let go.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and work life balance if you enjoy offshore work
Cons
Oil price determines whether you have a job or not.
Poor management
Deep-water Sales Chemical Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX25 February 2015
Management needs improvement, Houston office personnel is young and without a backbone. Unless you coordinator is a mutual friend, job security is something to be desired.
Pros
Great Schedule
Cons
Poor management
Safety,Attendance, Production
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Belen, NM1 February 2015
Show up on time, think positive, be productive,think safety for you and your coworkers,put 100% effort in your job.Respect of coworker and the company,