Clariant Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people and interesting industry
In-house Key Accounts Administrator (Former Employee), Chloorkop, GautengApril 20, 2016
Pros: Understanding if I had to leave earlier to attend to matters
Cons: Battling at times to receive quick answers
Every day was busy, which I enjoyed. There were a lot of customer orders for raw materials to be distributed countrywide to Clariant's customers. I followed up daily on POD's which is a very important concept for Clariant. I arranged for the raw materials to be collected by the transporters, to be delivered accordingly.

I learnt their SAP system and management were wonderful yet professional. The hardest part of the job was working on SAP for Clariant's blends of raw materials into the finished product.

Overall, I enjoyed everything about Clariant, the managers, co-workers, the service providers like all the transporters and BPL warehousing staff.
Very nice place to work for, Nice culture, great co-workers and management. Nice structure with what job need to get done
Level 1 Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2016
The days are very busy but not to stressful with a great culture surrounding its co- workers. Management gives you the things to get the job done.
The work experience was good however I would like to work in a more friendly environment
Summer Intern Quality Control (Former Employee), Albion, MIJanuary 29, 2016
Most of the time I was located in the Quality Control Lab where I would check the product for being off color, badly cut, or contamination. I learned how many different polymers acted and how they react with each other, from nylons to ABS and polypropylene to PVC. The hardest part of the job for me was the work environment itself. The managers of the plant and the workers did not work well together or get along. It made for an unhealthy work environment. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was learning about how many different kinds of polymers there are and how they act.
A Day In The Life
Quality Assurance Manager / ESHA manager (Current Employee), Colton CAOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Mostly good environment at local level. Free coffee.
Cons: Lack of personnel suport.
Typical day revolves around resolving Quality issues, Customer issues, new material coordination, safety & environmental training & programs. Auditing on Quality, Safety & Environmental. New product/project communications with project teams.
Good MNC culture
Executive (On Contract) (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 2, 2015
Good compnay sharing the knowledge with the freshers. providing opportunites and supports to achieve the same. provides not only professional culture but also the social welfate nature
Very informative workplace to work in
SHEQ MAnager (Current Employee), Kwazulu NatalJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexability
Cons: Long Hours
A Typical Day at Work.

My day at work will involve attending meetings
Co ordinate HAZOP Studies
Co ordinate Risk Assessment
Perform Process Risk Analysis
Managing all safety Aspect
Security Management
Budget Control
Decision Making

What I have learnt

I have learnt that each organization is unique to one another,
I have learnt that embracing diversity is the very important aspect in one once life, in order to be able to accommodate others and their cultures and values .
I have learnt that respect others opinion and work together towards a common goal is the key to success.

I have learnt to manage people, and that people come from different background and therefore you should treat them in way that you are able to accommodate where they come from, and that we are not all of us at the same level when its comes to understanding the vision and the mission of the company.

Co-workers.

I have to respect them but being able to be frank enough to tell them once they have crossed the line without being rude to them nor intimidate them

The hardest Part of the Job
Making people to accept change, accept safety culture and the new regulations ,instilling the safety culture in people.

The most enjoyable part of my Job

Working with people ,see different people everyday and learning something new everyday and the interaction with the people
Good company
Manager (Former Employee), TexasJune 25, 2015
Pros: Diverse market access and strong compensation
Cons: Not concerned with customer service at executive level, however employees are very concerned regarding this.
Overall good company with excellent compensation package. Much more driven by financial markets, rather than delighting their customers. Lacking in brand recognition and no clarity on what they want to become as a specialty chemical manufacturer. Good people to work with, though management isn't as engaged at lower levels.
Great experience, wish it could have been longer
Chemical Sales Representative (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TxMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great pay, benefits, and work life balance if you enjoy offshore work
Cons: oil price determines whether you have a job or not.
I worked offshore for Clariant for 5 months. Unfortunately when I joined the oil prices were on the way down. I ended up being laid off after 5 months because the customer requested to reduce our service team in half for their account. I was the last person to join the team and with having the least experience I was let go.
Poor management
Deep-water Sales Chemical Representative (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: poor management
Management needs improvement, Houston office personnel is young and without a backbone. Unless you coordinator is a mutual friend, job security is something to be desired.
Safety,Attendance, Production
Shipping (Former Employee), Belen, NMFebruary 1, 2015
Show up on time, think positive, be productive,think safety for you and your coworkers,put 100% effort in your job.Respect of coworker and the company,
Professional Leadership and good people
Production Supervisor Masterbatches Business (Current Employee), Albion, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: 83 miles from my home in fort wayne indiana
Leadership knowledge is good, good training and understanding of personal motivation . Clean safe working conditions, with a focus on family.
We work hard, but play just as hard as we work.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Management is accessible and approachable. They're also heavily involved in the day to day operations of the company.
Not that good, Not that bad
HR Technology and Processes Specialist (Former Employee), Basel, BSDecember 5, 2014
Cons: no cantine
The management team seems not to know what is doing.
Overall the people work as individuals not as a team.
Great Place to work..The Management makes the place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: you were alwasy taken care of--lots of free lunches
Cons: needs more technical training
The management at Clariant makes it worth while to work there. They work with you instead of constantly looking over your shoulder. If a mistake is made, they take the time to help you work through it, that is the best. My co-workers were always there to help answer any question you might have....very supportive. The most difficult aspect of the job was learning all the chemicals in paper making, but the engineers do work with you. the most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of satisfaction you get when finally reach the end of the day and look forward to coming back tomorrow.
Going thru alot of changes
Operations Manager West (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2014
Great company to work for a lot of changes in the SW is causing a lot of people being let go. Management needs to look at who they are letting go they are losing good people.
Good Company-Bad Middle Management
anonymous (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: retirement, 401k match
Cons: micromanaged, inadequate dust collection
Clariant is a large company with room for advancement and pretty decent (not great) compensation. Unfortunately, some mid-level managers are not worthy of their authority.
summery
clariant (Former Employee), Belen, NMApril 29, 2014
Cons: not good
I would go in produce production for 8 hours and call it a day. I learned how to make production in a low effecientcy methid.
Not a place to stay
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CaFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: poor management, poor pay
When I first started working for the company it was a fun place to work. Over the year's that I was there they made several changes to management bring in people that had no clue what they were doing. I even had one manager tell me that it was going to be his way or the highway right in front of a customer. I left the company shortly after this and since my leaving they have fired all of the people there that knew how to run the company and replace them with people that don't.
Lack of Integrity
Manager (Former Employee), USAAugust 15, 2012
Clariants upper level management lacks integrity and ethics.
Excelente Experiencia de Vida
Representante de Ventas Técnicas (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, D. F.April 7, 2016
Pros: Diario se aprende algo nuevo
Cons: No hay facilidad de promoción por la estructura organizacional
Se trabaja muy duro, vivir día a día con un nivel de estrés muy alto se vuelve normal.
Me dejaron experiencias en todos los ámbitos pues siempre aprendí algo nuevo para mi persona como en lo laboral.
La Proactividad es una habilidad que se desarrolla como equipo.