CLAIMSPRO Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 April 2017
I have worked for ClaimsPro for almost 10 years and it is a great company to work for. A typical day at work is very busy handling claims in a very big territory.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule
No ability to leave the job at work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 March 2017
Nature of the work makes it difficult or impossible to find a work/life balance. There is generally not ever a point in time when you are not either extremely busy or very slow, depending on the industry.
Experience depends on where you work within the company
adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
Not all roles within the company are identical nor do they deliver the same experience, good or bad. I can't speak for all employees of the company, however my own experience was positive in the beginning... however as time went on it became apparent that in my area of expertise, there is no such thing as good enough or satisfactory. The job has to be its' own reward or it's not worth it. The pay is below industry standard, the expectations are unreasonable and unless you are in with management, you are not appreciated no matter how hard you work or how much effort you put in.

The people I worked with made the day to day worth while, and I enjoyed the challenge, but the only way you can keep up with the work load is to work over time, for free, without the reward of extra pay or even a thank-you from management.

It didn't help that the company within a six month period announced a raise / hiring freeze to all staff for a full year, and then six months later held a Company wide, webinar seminar presented by the President boasting about how the profits were bigger than ever that year and the following year was expected to be even better.

Those who quit are very slowly replaced, while the work load left gets spread among the few left behind to try to manage and keep clients happy.
Pros
Challenging, fast paced work environment.
Cons
Too much work, too few employees - over time a must to keep up with stats, reports and file maintenance
Amazing
Share Service Administrative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2016
I love working here, the people are friendly and I get treated awesome! I would highly recommend anybody working here! They treat the employees greatly
No a good environment to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Management during my time with Claimspro was very difficult to deal with. Favoritism was well noticeable within the office. This made it a very stressful work environment.
Great Company on the Rise
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 April 2016
ClaimsPro is definitely a company on the rise and had excellent working benefits and helped to fulfill my work/life balance.

ClaimsPro was a very high-stress job with little to no recognition from the management for the completion of tasks or job well done.

Co-workers and team lead in the Hamilton department were the best to work with as they made the days go by in a flash. Spinning ideas and thoughts off one another was an excellent opportunity to "pick" a senior adjuster's brain and to help find the best solution to fit the customers needs and requirements.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Cons
Little recognition
Fun and productive place to work
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2015
People are fun to work with. Company is large but still has that small company feel. Easy to learn and ask for help when needed. Great place to learn and take on responsibility.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Sometimes adjusters get fustrated
Good team, but needed more management involvement
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2013
ClaimsPro was an excellent opportunity for me and I enjoyed my time at the Vancouver office. I didn't feel like work was an obligation, I regularly looked forward to going to work. The admin team there was reliable and supported each other. I would have like to see more involvement from the management team while I was there.
Pros
busy atmosphere
Cons
lack of advancement
The overall company is good, the Grande Prairie office could use changes
Independent Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 December 2012
contacting new clients, attending property losses, meeting with insured's and third parties, answering calls & emails, working proactively on existing files. I learned invaluable skills such as time management, organization, dispute resolution. My coworkers were excellent. Management in the head office was supportive. The hardest part of my job was coming to terms that everything could not be done in a day and the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and my coworkers.
5 years of accounting experience
Assistant Financial Reporter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2012
Gained experience in full accounting cycle and reporting duties.
Very flexible as an IA
Independent adjuster- Accident Benefits (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2012
Initially was very busy prior to the new legislation changes in the AB world. Work started to taper off from the insurance companies and workflow started to become scarce as an IA. I needed to make a move where job security was a factor.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLAIMSPRO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9