Civil Engineering Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
harrdworking
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2016
one of my favourite places so far in the business. very kind and friendly environment. every day you will learn a new thing and employee have a strong team work together
Interactive learning with other grad students while opportunity for self development
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2016
A place where the best opportunity comes with learning from the expertise, in both analytical and problem solving. The best thing about UBC is I had the chance to improve my writing skill and problem solving ability.
Pros
Talk with other grad students and professor about a problem and its solution
Cons
Testing of samples overnight
Nice and friendly place to assist me improve my abilities in modeling, communicatons and interaction with other people with acceptable salary
University of Manitoba, Civil Eng (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 June 2014
1) A typical day at work usually contains 8 hours work mostly modeling with computer software and discussing possible issues with co-workers. Lunch time at noon has been considered for employees which is about an hour, depends on individual needs.
2) Cooperation, being punctual, organized and friendly are the most important things which I have learned at my work place.
3&4) Managing the time considering the need of the different projects is one of the most important issues at work which requires the overview of the whole project and probable time consumption. Great communication, friendly environment and high cooperation with colleagues increase the efficiency of employees by reducing the work pressure and aggressive situations at office.
5) The hardest part of my job, as a modeller, is to solve software defeats. Not all the projects suite used software; therefore, adaption is required which needs lots of time and effort.
6) Although modeling natural or artificial phenomena is not easy but it is really intriguing especially when results are pretty good.
Pros
Gym at neighborhood, quite office space, clean and brand new office and table
Cons
long distance to launge, absence of microwave at office