Civica Infrastructure Inc. (Civica) is a small, growing, entrepreneurial business involved in municipal water resources engineering. In addition to municipal engineering consulting services, the company develops and distributes drainage infrastructure software products.
We are seeking an intermediate-to-senior web developer to join our team and grow with us. As part of the team, the candidate will learn existing codes and business concepts to help enhance existing water management products. We expect to grow the software group over the next two to five years. We expect to have a profit sharing plan and to include the candidate as a key member of the company. The position starts with a 6 month contract with the expectation to be extended to full-time. The position is located in Vaughan, Ontario.
We would consider new graduates with exceptional qualification.
- Software design, software development, software testing
- Study and learn the existing products and software codes
- Study and learn Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and coding concepts
- Study and learn basic hydrologic and hydraulic drainage concepts
- Work with junior, intermediate and senior engineers to plan software product enhancements
- Support our consulting team using and testing the products
- Provide occasional technical support to customers
- Motivated to grow in a small, entrepreneurial, growing business
- Quick learner, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, initiative-taker, problem solver, efficient
- Able to work in small, growing, fast-paced environments
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study
- At least 2 years designing and implementing interactive, data-rich Internet applications
- Experience with database management (i.e. database design, schema creation, concurrency and performance considerations).
Assets for position
- Knowledge of leading-edge web APIs and standards
- Experience with ESRI ArcMap/ArcEngine
- Create software deployment packages and documentation.
Indeed - 5 months ago