Civica Infrastructure Inc. (Civica) is currently looking to hire a Civil/Survey Engineering Technician. The position is a 6-month contract with potential to become permanent and is available as soon as possible. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Due to continued growth we are currently looking for a Civil/Survey Technician to join our team based out of Vaughan, Ontario. This individual will work with project managers to conduct field surveys, support field environmental measurements efforts, use AutoCAD and/or GIS (ArcMap) to develop surfaces, cut-fill analysis and maps, and support water resources engineering analysis. Specifically, the position with be involved in a flood line mapping project.
- Record and interpret measurements and other information obtained during survey activities
- Plan and conduct surveys to establish surface elevations and boundaries of properties
- Assist with figure and drawing preparation
- Prepare calculations for productivity and overall project performance and tracking
- Create survey submission packages
- Ensure proper compliance with standards and regulations is maintained in all aspects of the field work with regards to surveys
- Civil and/or Survey Technician certification, or suitable degree with survey experience
- Experience using robotic and standard GPS Survey, Total Stations, AutoCAD, LiDAR as well as other applicable surveying software and field equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of surveyor's tools and GPS equipment
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and approvals
- Experience with topographical surveying
Knowledge of hydraulic and/or hydrologic modeling
Familiarity with mapping software
Knowledge of construction survey
- Demonstrated ability to put safety first, always and ensure personal/team compliance with company safety standards
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with project teams and field operations
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Highly independent and able to creatively problem solve to generate recommendations
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure, meet demanding deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Class G Drivers license