civeo Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 September 2017
Its a great company to work for. Management is helpful and supportive. Well compensated for work. Benefits were amazing. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Great work enviroment
Central Reservations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2017
My typical day at work would consist of logging into my computer and communicating with the team. All in all great work environment and great management.
good atmosphere
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2017
for working out town they are a decent company to work for typically you can expect a 12hr day but civeo only required the workers to work a 10 hour day.
Very good field staff
Electrical foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2017
The crew and working conditions were very good but the management did not seem to take the advice of the field employees. They insisted on making the same mistakes from camp to camp.
hrw
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 April 2017
loved working for civeo , but can not longer work there as I am in school and I need something closer to home so I can be with my kids , but I was very lucky to have the opportunity to work for this company
aggreable and a lot to learn.
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 March 2017
I had a great experience working for all those company. I learn a lot about how to communicate with my coworker and with our clients. Everything I did there and the people I meet help me grow personaly.
dont go here
(Title/Position) Cook (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB9 March 2017
crappie company to work for don't care about employees slow to hire fast to layoff no perks bin goin downhill for years used to be industry leader n9w they are more concerned about share price than staff unorganized senior management
Pros
Cons
wage cuts
from best company to worst....
Kitchen Worker / housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
used to be one of the best company in terms of salary and benefits BUT now all are taken away from us, they reduced the salary including benefits. Managers/supervisor are all racist, they treat all workers like garbage and they don't know how to plan properly.
Pros
Cons
Recycled Managers.....
Great place to save money and an excellent experience
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
Good opportunity for work, you meet lots of new people. Get to be apart of a tight knit team. Long hours but well worth the pay.
Grt company grt people
Laundry Worker/housekeeper (Former Employee) –  north of Ft McMurray Alta13 January 2017
Grt work place grt hours grt people allowed yur own transportation Edie system not isolated clean rooms great staff to work with grt benifits great service all around
Great balance, hard working people
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
I haven't worked here for years like some of my counterparts, but Civeo offers great work life balance, a really good working environment, and a great salary. Who could really ask for more?

Nothing will ever be perfect anywhere, but if balance, environment, and salary are in your top 3, this place is for you!
Pros
Balance, Environment, Salary, People, Great diversity programs
Cons
Work can fluctuate because it is based on how well O&E is doing
great people good food
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
12 hours mostly everything cowokers are good the hardest part of my job is that there could be parts that dont fit or somthing could burst poeple help out alot but there is always somthing that goes wrong i love my job because its always filled full of enjoyment and fun
Cons
good pay
The team work is the best who am working with
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 December 2016
I have 8 years experience. I can working with any kind of person, am a very productive worker.I am a responsible person,I am punctual too.I can take some initiative.
Great people to work with
Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB20 November 2016
I had the pleasure of working with many great people with Civeo. Civeo was always striving for excellence and I learned a great deal in my time with the company.
Pros
Great people, nice hours, everyone working towards common goals.
Dedicated
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 October 2016
I enjoyed the overall experience of working with the company, it was fast paced, great staff and team. Provided good training and opportunities for advancement.
fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 September 2016
working here is fun and the people here are friendly i enjoy working here.
co workers are nice
the management is nice but they have no benefits here..
shift timings change often.
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
environment
Housekeeping/camp attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 September 2016
mon travaille a ciceo etter agrable tres dure mais tres agreable .j ai bcp appris ,et me suis fait bcp d,amis.la gerance tres efficace super appreciation pour un travaille dure et bien fait
Pros
repas gratuit chmabre gratuite bus pour aller en ville la fin de semaine pour alller magasiner
Cons
aucun
Productive and Fun work place
Kitchen Worker (Dining/Dish) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 September 2016
I am flexible about my schedule, usually works either day or night. I learned a lot in this company for I work in various stations like, dining area, dish area and lunch room.
Pros
Free food and stay, Long hours
Cons
3 weeks away in the city
Civeo is having the same issues as others in Alberta.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2016
This was a great company until it went public. The most enjoyable part of working at Civeo is that the pay is good but seems like no new contracts or jobs forthcoming. Middle management work the hardest.
Pros
Benifets
Cons
Constant reduction and retraction
Great employer that offers full benefits and plenty of advancement
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 August 2016
Civeo (formerly PTI) has given me the opportunity to live an amazing lifestyle in the past 5 years due to their great pay, full work schedule, plenty of days off and the ability to work in different departments diversifying my skillset. In my work environment I was provided free basic lodging and a wide variety of food options. During my time with this company I have made lifelong friends and have learned so much about other people as well as myself. Civeo has also helped me grow not just as an employee but as a person. I had planned to work for Civeo long-term but due to our economy I was let go. Given the opportunity, I would work for Civeo again if my current goals and availability work with the lifestyle the company requires.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at civeo. Our community is ready to answer.