City of Yellowknife Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great staff and managers
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT12 January 2017
great managers, easy going but still made sure the jobs were getting done. Easy going environment and diverse group of workers. Fast paced job with lots of change and adaptation.
Seeing a massive project grow from the beginning to end
Executive Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT8 July 2015
Starting this position, there was the General Manager and myself. I was responsible for the senior administration and setting up of a newly formed office. We reported to a volunteer Board of Directors, who led us to hosting the 2008 Arctic Winter Games, in Yellowknife. The best part of this position, was creating new templates, procedures,meeting new people, building community relations and seeing the Games grow to over 2400 volunteers. I received a promotion in September 2006, as the Volunteer Coordinator. I worked with all of our divisions (IT, Security, Accreditation, Special Guests, Volunteer & Protocol, Accommodations, Food Services, Sport Technical, Marketing, Fundraising) in ensuring their volunteer requirements were met. I also helped form our registration/accreditation online registration/accreditation system. This position made me realize my potential and that hard work goes a long way. The hardest part was after the Games and realizing that it was over.
Pros
Challenging, fast paced and meeting new people.
Cons
A term position once the Games were over.
co-workers
Works Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT6 April 2014
some coworkers are the best you could hope for....

The management seems to be entranced in the past and do not seem to understand that they work for the residents of the City and have an old boys club that may not be the best overall for the workers and residents.