CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Review

View all CITY OF WINNIPEG reviews

Productive workplace with great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2013
Typical Day
A typical day of work started at 7am with a meeting and discussion of the work to be done, a drive to the site, safety audit, and working until around 1pm at which point we took lunch. After lunch we cleaned up the site and drove back to the yard for around 3pm, or just after, unless there was approved overtime available.

What I learned
I learned how to repair roads, sidewalks and curbs. Framing, dismantling, and finishing concrete. I also did asphalt work when required.

Excellent management that will always work with you to explain expectations and work through interpersonal conflict between employees respectfully and professionally.

For the most my co-workers were great, there were a few egos here and there but generally once a positive work ethic was displayed an individual didn't seem to have too many problems at work.

Hardest part of the job
Id say teaching new employees or employees from other departments how to work in street maintenance while meeting the expectations and time frames was the hardest part of the job.
Amazing salary and benefits, straight forward expectations, good people.
seasonal indefinitely, short construction season.

Other CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews

a place to work for "just anyone"
winnipeg (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 March 2018
Half way decent place to work, the great people move on, some good humans chose to reside, but mostly the incompetent, uneducated and toxic run the show.

If your parents do not already rank I would not consider applying. They do not respect diversity or follow the core competencies depending on which department. You can blatantly see the nepotism in the seniority lists.
Great place
Community Services, Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 February 2018
This was a great place to work. Amazing benefits, there was a littlke bit of tedious work, but it was monday to friday, so the social life was quite easy to have.