CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall, I believe they have an amazing work environment.
INDIGENOUS PUBLIC INFORMATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
I'm speaking particularly to their Indigenous Relations Division. It is one of the healthiest work environments I have ever worked at. The team is so supporting for all its members and Indigenous youth who come onboard as work placements and interns.
Pros
There are many opportunities for advancement
Cons
You don't gain seniority as an intern
Overall good job
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 11, 2016
Long hours for what you get paid. Good pay & benefits overall. I would recommend working here. Great training good training staff very knowledgeable best part of the job is the variation of schedules At first it's exhausting mentally(constant attention to hazards on the road) and physically (long days) Great way to know the city of winnipeg
Pros
Salary Benefits independance
Cons
Friendly working environment, fully accessible training documents
Junior Mechanical Plan Examiner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 23, 2016
Friendly working environment, fully accessible training documents.
Good guidance from the supervisor and nice orientation from HR department on the first day of work.
Pros
7 hours a day with one- hour lunch break
Cons
limited parking spots
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 5, 2016
A productive environment with efficient staff willing to put in their best. Working with the best brains in the industry. The managers are cordial and willing to help you learn and be productive on the job.
Good salary and benefits
Full-time work as a Gardner 1 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 14, 2015
The City of Winnipeg is full of wonderful people willing to help you get far.

I was a gardener for two years, the people I worked with were wonderful and very helpful.

Training was difficult to receive and often goes by seniority regardless if you need particular training to do your specific tasks.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Training
decent
publick works (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2015
taught me quite alot got alot of experience with equipment and learned alot about my city.Also met alot of people.
a typical day at work consists of trimming grass and cleaning up the northend. my co workers were alright and respectfull.
Pros
build seniority
good workplace
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2016
This was a secure job which paid well.I enjoyed the every day
things like dealing with the public, etc. The co-workers were a
good bunch .
Lifeguard
lifeguard and swimming instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2015
A typical day at my job involves opening the building, checking the AED trauma bags, and testing the pool deck alarms. The management is friendly and are willing to help their employees. The co-workers are always very friendly and make the work place a good place to work. The hard part of the job is when dealing with angry patrons that take their frustration on one person/the facility. For situations like that you have to always remember to keep a friendly face and smile. Also, you must remember to take your time and do your best to help with any problems or situations at hand.
Workplace of both fun and pain
Executive & Special Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 10, 2015
Working in a political office can be both fun and painful at the same time.

Fun tended to be when left alone to develop unique advertising for the Councillor as well as developing policy positions to be used both in Council as well as in Committees.

The less enjoyable was the 100+ emails and phone calls from residents of the ward, members of the public service, and other individuals received on a daily basis. All of these contacts have to be responded to in a timely and intelligent manner, regardless of how intelligent or personality challenged they may be.

Other work involved maintaining the Councillor's website, keeping the office clean, and keeping the Councillor out of trouble.
Pros
independent
Cons
no job security
Civic Job
Instructor/Guard III (Former Employee) –  winnipeg mbMay 22, 2015
Spent a long time at this employer!! Great co-workers, didnt seem to get paid a great deal for what was asked of us (public relations, safety, etc), Worst part of job was dealing with management and getting time off when needed..
City of Winnipeh
Utility Assistant/Labor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 13, 2015
Depends on your department opportunity for advances varies drastically across departments, difficult to attain full time, when hired as a seasonal employee
Cons
sucks for students
gotta love kids
Recreational Technician B (Former Employee) –  winnipegNovember 18, 2014
a typical day would be go down to the wading pool phone in and walk the pool sweeping and looking for any hazards, then close the drain and begin to fill pool and watch it, half way through turn on clorine finish filling pool and before opening take water reading and make sure they are good let the kids in an watch them and play with them and make everyone have a great time
Pros
fun, active get to be around water, good hours
Cons
weather, boring some days
Great co workers and work environment
Clerk A - Internship (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2015
I've learned many basic office skills here that may help me towards my future. The most enjoyable part of this job is just being able to do my job and be the best i can be and help out the most i can.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 4, 2015
Good people, good management, good benefits.

I would suggest this job to all of my friends and to date, it is my best job i've had yet.
funny but long summer
Waiting Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2014
‘Siting in the sun for 8 hours, getting good money watching kids. i learned how to be a mature adult and in force rules when broken. had no co workers, hardest thing is sitting there watching kids.
Pros
good money
Cons
Good salary and benefits and advancement
Clerk B (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2013
Very busy, the way I like it. My co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do things faster for the vendors. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and also dealing with the vendors.
Pros
salary, benefits
Good summer job
Wading Pool Attendent (Current Employee) –  OutdoorsNovember 2, 2014
The work hours are great but, it is only seasonal. Great benefits as long as you have good weather outside.
Pros
independent decision making
Cons
weather
Great work place great people
Skilled Laborer (Student) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 8, 2013
hardest thing was getting in and out of a work truck 100 times a day, drilling numerous holes in concrete. Learned basic concrete forming and finishing. overall good place to work.
Over all a great place to work while being a student.
Recreation Technician C (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2014
Simple work and pays well. Great for students with a busy life who love kids.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
not a lot of hours per week
Great Work environment.
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 30, 2013
The days started early but that was a good thing. People were great to work with, I just wish this position was all year.
Pros
good pay, great job.
Cons
seasonal.

4.5