CITY OF WINNIPEG Employee Reviews for Guard

See reviews about:
Safe and respectful work environment
Instructor/ Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
Working for the City of Winnipeg in the aquatics department has taught me a lot about how to be a supervisor with staff in the same general age range as myself. This has been a challenge at times because I want to have healthy working relationships with my coworkers where I am comfortable to see my coworkers outside of work, but also be able to know that when I am at work there is a level of respect and boundaries that cannot be crossed in the workplace.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that come in the building. At times the patrons can be a challenge, for the most part the children just want to get in the water and have fun, parents want to see there children succeed in swimming lessons, and the seniors just enjoy talking to the staff.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
promotion opportunities
Civic Job
Instructor/Guard III (Former Employee) –  winnipeg mb22 May 2015
Spent a long time at this employer!! Great co-workers, didnt seem to get paid a great deal for what was asked of us (public relations, safety, etc), Worst part of job was dealing with management and getting time off when needed..