City of Vancouver

City of Vancouver Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun workplace
Killarney Fitness Center (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: going to workshops
Cons: short hours
I am a fitness supervisor do programs for all kinds of people and first aid if needed. Carry a two way radio and communicate with front desk and life guards if needed. I keep people safe and give them suggestions on which exercises to do . I am a team player and love working in a team. The hardest part of the job is when nothing happens and your walking around for hours i need to be doing something. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with people and giving them a good training workout . I have great coworkers and we all help each other.
The best job I have ever had.
Labourer Downtown Parks (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 29, 2014
Working for the Vancouver Park Board helped me realize the kind of working environment I want to be in. It truly was a wonderful place to be.
City Job = Job Security
Labourer, Gardener's Helper, Gardener. (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 4, 2014
Depending on the job, and the people one got to work with, it could be enjoyable, but often times one had to work with people who didn't care about the quality of their work, or how hard they worked, so it could also be a frustrating job because this. That, and having to work under the direction of a top-heavy management that was often ineffective on basic levels of operation.
good for a while
labourer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2014
No benefits to hard work or quality work advancement in the organization is based on education and not job knowledge or quality of work
good job security and great work environment
operations laborer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: job stability
Cons: job advancement
equipment guide giving hand signals while backhoe is digging. Assigning duties and different tasks to co-workers job site safety and truck driving when i am needed. most enjoyable part is the crew of guys all great people and we work as a tem
municipal employer
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 8, 2012
Pros: job security
repair and maintanance of municipal fleet. work enviroment .