City of Vancouver Employee Review

View all City of Vancouver reviews

Strong and well run public works programs in water and wastewater areas
Civil Engineer (Water/Wastewater & Source Control) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA5 July 2012
I learned everything about water and sewer utilities, the review of proposed development, setting up 6 yr capital improvement programs, compliance reports (water and NPDES wastewater), designing pipeline projects for the water system, coordinating on project teams for utility impprovements during regional transportation projects, engineering design and pipeline construction inspection practices. I enjoyed the co-workers at all parts of the city and learned an incredible breadth and depth about all parts of the utility through my work on project planning and proj; management teams
Pros
generous benefits, and mostly the work experience working in a larger program
Cons
i would have enjoyed a chance to work in the construction area before leaving

Other City of Vancouver Employee Reviews

City of Vancouver
Seasonal Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2017
Working for the City of Vancouver was a great experience, I learned a lot of different things I never know before. I learned how to build sidewalks, where the wiring for all the overhead lights like intersection lights is and lastly how to pave roads with asphalt.
Pros
The wage
Cons
The 6 month probation period
Enjoyable work environment - issues with management
Theatre Attendant II (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 August 2017
My colleagues and our patrons make our work environment amazing!
Every day is different and always includes customer service whether at the bars or in-house.
Unfortunately, we had a change in management a few years ago which could have been a great thing but has been a serious struggle, especially for those working on the management team.

As I am not on the management team, I thoroughly enjoy working there.
Pros
Union wages, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
inconsistent hours, extreme availability requirement with no guarantees