City of Toronto Employee Review

View all City of Toronto reviews

Productive Job Good people to work with
Solid Waste Driver Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2014
I check my truck and do my circle check, after that I start on my map, we switch with my partner at least half an hour each time, our supervisor is good he trust we can finish the map so he doesnt bother us. The hard part is when sometimes furniture is wet and is really heavy so both of us have to lift at the same time and sometimes that takes alot of time from work. The most enjoyable part of my job is not only do I only work 4 days but if you push yourself in the day, you finish quicker and that means get home sooner.
Pros
4 days a week I work
Cons
longs hours sometimes

Other City of Toronto Employee Reviews

Great and good learning experience
Wading Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
Fantastic support staff, always there to help out. You can build a very close relationship with your partner at the wading pool. Not a very difficult job, but rewarding.
Productive and fun workplace
Community Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
I worked the basketball shifts in the gymnasium, an average day for me starts off with making all the kids sign in just so i know exactly hoe ma y people are in the space just in case something goes wrong. Take out the basketball, monitor the kids while they play to make sure everything is alright. Walk around the gym to make sure everything is running smoothly and interact with some of the kids. The hardest part of the job is making sure all the kids sign in when they come to the gym, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing kids having fun playing a sport that they love to play in a safe and friendly environment.
Pros
Get to meet and interact with new people on a daily basis
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3