City of Toronto

City of Toronto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Camp Counsellor, Program Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: experience
Cons: senority
I have been working for the city for years now and it has been a great experience. I enjoy the multiple roles that I am apart of.
Excellent work atmosphere as everyone had a positive attitude.
Tennis Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Staff
Cons: Physically tough (sometimes)
In a typical day I learned how to manage time very well as I had a strict schedule that I had to stick to. Co-workers were very friendly, and management gave you room to work on your own.
productive and fun - gaming and tv room
Support Assistant B (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: free tickets
Cons: long hours
typical day - taking calls and assisting customers with their travel plans

management and co-workers- friendly and helpful

hardest part of the job - extreme service levels

most enjoyable - the feeling of successfully planning someone's holiday
every work day is a fun day
Operator apol (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: help when needed
Cons: 40 hours 8 hours per day
the city of toronto is my second home a family a family of good workers management making each and every day great day every one is one
fast paced environment, workers who are passionate
Assistant to Community development project (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
working with the city of Toronto has been a very fast paced environment, with meetings every week with different groups and a lot of dynamic scheduling processes. when working with the city of Toronto you see the dynamics in which they work and how passionate they all are with their job. its a great environment
Enjoyable Job
Parks Acting Lead Hand (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great job with great pay and benefits.You do not take your work home with you so its great for balancing a family. It has amazing job security but it is hard for quick growth within the City of Toronto. Management has its good and bad apples like any company.
Great place
Summer Technical Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: semi-flexible schedule
Had a temporary 4-months position as a technical trainee. Enjoyed it greatly. Gained an insight into how large environmental projects operate.
The City of Toronto is a professional, friendly, safe and clean environment to work and I enjoy working with them
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: The work is consistant, the people are enjoyable to work with, the environment is clean and safe
Cons: Been working 5 years and am unable to get Full Time
There is so much to say.

The management is fair and consistently trying to improve quality and quantity of work

Each day, you come to work and leave work at work.

The people who work there are very nice.

The hardest part of my day is pushing my limits and striving to achieve perfection as well as increasing my workload

The most enjoyable part of my day is when I achieve my goals I set out for myself on a daily basis based on workload
great environement and teamwork
School Recreation Care Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
working with the city is a great learning experience. it opened lots of doors for me in various job fields. i recomand this to employees who are looking forward to expanding their knowledge and experience in the recreational field
Positive work attitude
Solid Waste Mgmt. (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
daily safety circle check required.
teamed with partner most days
good work environment
safety procedures are very important and are enforced
Love the aspect of meeting new clients and working in different locations. Choose and agree to schedule.... active job
Fitness Instructor/Zumba Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
Pros: The flex hours
Cons: No regular hours or fixed income, travel time isn't cover and no benefits as part time instructor
I teach classes in different locations, I have learnt you can never make everyone happy in broad classes... I don't see co-workers, I see different staff all the time.

Hardest part of the job the long travel time and distance ... no regular hours.

I do what I love and love what I do especially dealing with the public which brings the customer service to an excellent level.
Great place to work for
Co-op, Transportation (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
excellent opportunity to learn,
safe work enviroument
friendly co-worker and management.
Decent salary even for entry level position.
Lots of union activities and support
fun workplace
Pre-school coordinator, Heron park (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: prep time
Cons: a lot to clean up
Hardest part of the job would have to be remembering everyone's names. The best thing would have to be seeing the kids get the physical benefits they need.
The foundation for my communication and PR skills
Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
Working as a lifeguard and swim instructor provided me insight into the operation of recreational programming in the city. While there is a lot of bureaucracy and politics at the management level, it is a great first job and helped develop my communication, problem-solving, time-management and organizational skills.
Love going into to work and seeing all the old and new faces at my class.
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Meeting and interacting with people everyday
Cons: Won't be able to have breakfast at 10 am in the morning in my pj
I love to work with people and being a fitness instructor gives me the opportunity to meet and interact with all different types of wonderful people everyday.

However, after taking a long break from the corporate environment due to taking care of my aging parents I am now ready to engage and put my time and efforts back into the role of Credit & Collections, Accounts Receivable, Cash Application etc.
Challenging
Shelter Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: Not very much personal time
A challenging environment to work in. Evaluations with employees and management should be mandatory on a regular basis.
Flexible work hours, and the opportunity to engage with kids
Tennis Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Emotionally Demanding
The City of Toronto provides a flexible work environment that fits a wide variety of lifestyles. I was able to work for them throughout high school, and seasonally while i was away for university. The job is primarily about making sure the public is satisfied with its service, which at times produces conflict. This job is definitely customer service oriented, so be prepared. Ultimately, the positive experiences with the kids outshine most negative experiences
Fun Place
Handy Worker 3 (Current Employee), Sheppard and LesileOctober 21, 2015
Great atmosphere and very fun place to work. A great place to learn and grow. Management and employees are all in it together
Great First Job
Wading pool attendant and Gate Keeper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
-worked with great staff
-got along with everyone
-great training
-supervisors were helpful
-great stepping stone job
-many people become life guards after
-great way to make money over the summer
Great place to be...
Camp & Program Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Working for the city of Toronto is an amazing opportunity and a great place to be. Every day is different and you get to work in a supportive environment with great Corporate culture.
Industry