City of Toronto Employee Reviews

Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
well organized and looks after staff very well. As staff, you are valued by management and protected by them well. Was a pleasure to work for the city & would do it again in a heart beat.
Excellent Organization
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Ve'ahavta is a solid organization with a tremendous work culture. It is humanitarian in its mission both outside the community and in the work place.
Employees are treated with respect at all times. There is a sense of family.
with solid governance and infrastructure in place, there is a sense of solidity and security.
There is not much opportunity for growth
Very busy, poor management
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
Most enjoyable, learning new processes, working with clients

I will miss my co-workrs

Learning opportunities

Good benefits

Vacation takes at least 1 year to be able to use
Productive and Efficient
Swim Instructor/ Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2017
A typical day at work involves me arriving at the pool site and signing in. I then prepare the deck for lessons to begin. The rest of my shifts consists of teaching swimming lessons and life guarding lane swim and recreational swim.
Great work environment depending on what type of camp .
Camp Counsellor (Current Employee) –  High Park, ON27 September 2017
My bosses were always great fed into my potential and pushed me to new heights . It took me a while to get into working wit people who didn't share my ideals but at the end of the day it was fun and productive .
Pros
days went fast
Cons
long hours but thats any job
Hockey Instructor
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Over my time as a hockey instructor i enjoyed helping the ids learn more about the sport and helped them learn how to play it and help them improve their skills.
Productive and fun place of work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
My time at the City of Toronto was very positive. I would definitely recommend working here to any one who is still in school looking for a summer job.
Warm and welcoming atmosphere
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
A great way to get integrated within the city's system. You learn to work well with the public, and your team. It is an upbeat positive setting, and I reccomend working there.
I had my dream job at the Riverdale Farm
Program Designer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
I was lucky to have been hired to be a Farm Attendant at the Parks and Recreation location of the Riverdale Farm in Toronto. I was required to use my own initiative to complete the tasks of a running farm, plus interact with the public in an engaging and education manner.
Can be an enjoyable experience if you are working with the right people.
Camp Location Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
I worked many part time jobs with the city. Therefore I worked with many different supervisors. There were some supervisors that made it a very enjoyable experience, but others would constantly criticize you without adding any compliments and these people made woking for the City very difficult
Lots of fun!
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
I loved guarding/instruting for the city of Toronto. Tons of amazing staff and people always willing to help out where they can. Every pool has an amazing work environment.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lots of qualifications
Great work environment
Councillor Aide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Great work environment with great learning opportunities. I really enjoy the pace our office works at, although this could be the hardest part of the job it is easily the most enjoyable as well.
City of Toronto Review
WEB SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
This was a wonderful environment to work in, due to the team members who were sharing internal processes and developing solutions amongst teams. There was also a variety of training involved and fostered development and critical thinking.
Pros
great teams and fostered community and development
Positive experience, low stress
RESEARCH STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
Low stress environment. Worked for short terms. Interesting to learn of city businesses. The job allowed me to learn and also i was paid decently well. I found it satisfying to contribute to my own city, other than paying taxes.
Productive work envirnment
Student Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
The city of Toronto provided excellent resources and great employees that provided me with excellent experience that would help prepare me for finding a career in my field once i graduated.
Open and inclusive workplace full of hard working staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Working for the city of Toronto is a great and highly educational experience. Being with the city has taught me how to be punctual, organized, mufti task and meet deadlines. Workplace culture is great everyone is very open and inclusive. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the city.
Pros
Positive Enviroment
Well paced environment to work if you are organized
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2017
Well paced environment to work if you are organized... That being said the work life balance is great and you must be innovative to make good progress with the city of toronto.
Amazing
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in the city of toronto and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notch
Enjoyed opportunity
Supervisor Transportation Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Great Corporation that allowed employees the opportunity too achieve their goals. Diverse challenges within your field and related areas of governance. The long commute too the city was justified in the knowledge that you where making the cities streets better.
Great learning experience
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
I worked as an intern with the City of Toronto. It was a fantastic learning experience. I was never treated as lesser based on my role as an intern - in fact, I was given work that was on par with work that I hope to do in the work force. My co-workers were very helpful, friendly, and made me feel included in their team. Overall, my experience as an intern at the City was incredibly valuable - an all around great learning experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3