City of Toronto Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun workplace with happy customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
Working for the City of Toronto was one of my best jobs. I've learned a lot about customer service and took part of many staff development training courses. My co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable and I've learned what I know today from them. The hardest part of the job was meeting with unhappy customers but with experience, this became easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my customers happy.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
unhappy customers
comfortable workplace
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2016
I enjoy working for the city of Toronto, I have good job security and I like working with my co workers in aquatics. Although, I don't have many benefits and the hours can be long.
Pros
good job security
Cons
long hours, no benefits
Swim Instructor
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor and Pool Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
People that work for the city of toronto are great people t work with, they are fun energetic and bring a lot of customer service to the table which is great when interacting with parents and kids
Great
Rink Guard (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2016
It was very fun to do. All we had to do was make sure the people who came were safe and make sure the ice was safe as well. working for then was fun and amazing only problem is that the pay was not the greatest.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short pay
Unlike other organizations , working at the City provides the opportunity to work with varied lines of business
Senior systems integrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Working in the public service provides the opportunity to serve the public interest and to make a difference to the citizens of Toronto , to individuals and corporations looking for services, entertainment and business opportunities.
Pros
Benefits and working conditions are excellent
Great atmosphere with astonishing amount of positive energy.
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Main and GerrardJuly 13, 2016
Complete youth's needs assessment and collaborate with staff to determine most important needs. Positive interaction with clients.
retired after 31 years of full time service
Contract Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
great place to have worked
great co-workers.
an over-all friendly environment
meet so many people
had various jobs in my time there and all were knowledgeable and at times demanding to complete work.
management people were a joy to work for
miss those days. life goes on. new adventures.
Pros
enjoyment of working in a no stress environment
Cons
retirement
Friendly and cooperative environment with amazing managment and staff
Recreation Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
I have enjoyed working for the city of Toronto for the past thirteen years as a Customer Service Representative. I have received a great amount of knowledge thats has helped me gain the confidence I have in myself as a front desk receptionist and i am very appreciative of the extensive support and training I have recieved.
Pros
Great relationships
Cons
difficult to get permanency
Fun
Event coordinator/ camp leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
I work summer camp for 2 weeks in july and 1 week in August.
- I am a pre school camp leader
- Learned how to be patient with kids
- Get along with all of my co workers
- I have fun everyday and everydays different.
Pros
Trips
Cons
not enough lunch time
By the book
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kipling AcresJune 22, 2016
A great learning experience for students. Preceptors are knowledgable and will go out of their way to help you learn. Support staff can sometimes be challenging to work with. The facility at Kipling Acres is very well managed, residents are happy and everything is up to Ministry of Health and Long Term Care standards.
Pros
Good pay once employed, job security
Cons
Paper documentation, no hire after graduation, no internal recommendations
A well rounded workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
Made everyone feel comfortable that worked there, fair and reasonable with staff members. Everybody working there had a strong work ethic.
Very good
ARC Leadership Program for the city of Toronto (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
I love my job with the city, it has been a very good experience and I am looking forward to starting my job again after the summer break
Great Place to Start and Finish, not a great place for Job Security
Stu dentInte rn (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
The benefits of a union pay grade at the municipality is why the positions are so competitive and highly sough after. But work is baseline and boring.
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
Great environment to work in. Always a positive atmosphere. Room for growth. Great Management. Great job culture. Great job security.
Grate employer
Work Term Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
In this work term, I paticipated in the daily work of Optimized Maintenance Unit in Toronto Water. I gained experience in facility management and project scheduling. I also benfited from the internal training system on various courses.
amazing
Rink Attendant (Current Employee) –  City of Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
working with the city was great and i am still doing it because i love working with them and it is a fun job to do. A typical day at work would be arriving then setting up all the policy and procedure signs that the City of Toronto has. Then I would have to make sure that the ice is in good condition for the patriants to skate on. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to skate the entire time and getting to interact with people while we work. My co-workers are all amazing people and i love working with them we all have loads of fun working together.
Pros
only working weekends
Cons
more money for such little hours
productive and fun work enviroment with great and outstanding co workers.
Volunteer Community Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 8, 2016
A very welcoming and home feeling like work environment. with friendly and productive co workers. fun enjoying work environment.
Pros
stay fit by channeling energy into movement
Cons
no real good benifits to use
Assistant Planner (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 15, 2016
Amazing work environment with great opportunities for career advancement. The management is helpful and skilled to assist you in the career progression. Working with the biggest City in Canada allows you to learn skills in a fast paced work environment.
Great experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Excellent team members, and a lot of responsibilty offered for this position. Accuracy and efficiency were key to performing this job effectively.
Good
Skate Marshall (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
For the Instructional Skating I had learned how to teach children how to skate. The hardest part was when doing report cards for the children because I always liked the children that I had in my group and it was hard for me to give my report to a parent that their child has not passed the level.

4.3