City of Toronto Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Grate employer
Work Term Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
In this work term, I paticipated in the daily work of Optimized Maintenance Unit in Toronto Water. I gained experience in facility management and project scheduling. I also benfited from the internal training system on various courses.
amazing
Rink Attendant (Current Employee), City of Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
Pros: only working weekends
Cons: more money for such little hours
working with the city was great and i am still doing it because i love working with them and it is a fun job to do. A typical day at work would be arriving then setting up all the policy and procedure signs that the City of Toronto has. Then I would have to make sure that the ice is in good condition for the patriants to skate on. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to skate the entire time and getting to interact with people while we work. My co-workers are all amazing people and i love working with them we all have loads of fun working together.
productive and fun work enviroment with great and outstanding co workers.
Volunteer Community Youth Leader (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 8, 2016
Pros: stay fit by channeling energy into movement
Cons: no real good benifits to use
A very welcoming and home feeling like work environment. with friendly and productive co workers. fun enjoying work environment.
Assistant Planner (Current Employee), TorontoApril 15, 2016
Amazing work environment with great opportunities for career advancement. The management is helpful and skilled to assist you in the career progression. Working with the biggest City in Canada allows you to learn skills in a fast paced work environment.
Great experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Excellent team members, and a lot of responsibilty offered for this position. Accuracy and efficiency were key to performing this job effectively.
Good
Skate Marshall (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
For the Instructional Skating I had learned how to teach children how to skate. The hardest part was when doing report cards for the children because I always liked the children that I had in my group and it was hard for me to give my report to a parent that their child has not passed the level.
Wonderful place to work and learn
Front-end Web Developer (Former Employee), 55 John Street, TorontoApril 1, 2016
I have gained valuable lifetime experiences while obtaining the comprehensive understanding of the technical and communicational skills.

A friendly and enthusiasm environment with great managers and team members.
Fun and inclusive workplace
Rink Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
Pros: good pay
Cons: working in the cold
i worked as a rink guard serving the general public. It was a very fun job as i was able to interact with different people every day. my coworkers were incredibly nice and very helpful.
City Of Toronto
Children Program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Co workers and management
Cons: leaving at the end of my shift
The most enjoyable day at work is attending work and seeing my participate face.Being able to processed with my program & interacting with children, co workers and care giver on a high warm welcome volume allows me to make room for improvments
Why I love being a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Amazing atmosphere
Cons: Early morning shifts
I enjoy my job incredibly! You have flexible hours and the work load is very light. Its easy and every other co-worker is your friend. The tough parts of work are keeping up with your qualifications, but luckily your CRP can help you remember when things expire. Sometimes shifts may start at 5am which are hard to wake up for. The most enjoyable part of working as an instructor is getting complimented by parents and how much you mean to their kids.
Good workplace
After-school Recreation Care: Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
- Positive work environment
- Opportunities for growth
- Flexible hours
- Variety of positions available
- Opportunities to receive various beneficial trainings and certifications
The money and benefits are a amazing !
Gardener II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Wages & benefits
Cons: Spoiled unionized workers
I worked in Parks and Recreation department for 4 seasons then I quit - I could not stand the winey spoiled union (full-time) workers for another season. The pay and benefits are more then most of us will ever see but the workers complain all the time and most are very lazy. The work is great, management is pretty good - they are all lucky to be working there.
Fun workplace
Camp Counsellor, Program Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: experience
Cons: senority
I have been working for the city for years now and it has been a great experience. I enjoy the multiple roles that I am apart of.
Excellent work atmosphere as everyone had a positive attitude.
Tennis Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Staff
Cons: Physically tough (sometimes)
In a typical day I learned how to manage time very well as I had a strict schedule that I had to stick to. Co-workers were very friendly, and management gave you room to work on your own.
productive and fun - gaming and tv room
Support Assistant B (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: free tickets
Cons: long hours
typical day - taking calls and assisting customers with their travel plans

management and co-workers- friendly and helpful

hardest part of the job - extreme service levels

most enjoyable - the feeling of successfully planning someone's holiday
every work day is a fun day
Operator apol (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: help when needed
Cons: 40 hours 8 hours per day
the city of toronto is my second home a family a family of good workers management making each and every day great day every one is one
fast paced environment, workers who are passionate
Assistant to Community development project (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
working with the city of Toronto has been a very fast paced environment, with meetings every week with different groups and a lot of dynamic scheduling processes. when working with the city of Toronto you see the dynamics in which they work and how passionate they all are with their job. its a great environment
Enjoyable Job
Parks Acting Lead Hand (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great job with great pay and benefits.You do not take your work home with you so its great for balancing a family. It has amazing job security but it is hard for quick growth within the City of Toronto. Management has its good and bad apples like any company.
Great place
Summer Technical Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: semi-flexible schedule
Had a temporary 4-months position as a technical trainee. Enjoyed it greatly. Gained an insight into how large environmental projects operate.
The City of Toronto is a professional, friendly, safe and clean environment to work and I enjoy working with them
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: The work is consistant, the people are enjoyable to work with, the environment is clean and safe
Cons: Been working 5 years and am unable to get Full Time
There is so much to say.

The management is fair and consistently trying to improve quality and quantity of work

Each day, you come to work and leave work at work.

The people who work there are very nice.

The hardest part of my day is pushing my limits and striving to achieve perfection as well as increasing my workload

The most enjoyable part of my day is when I achieve my goals I set out for myself on a daily basis based on workload
Industry