City of Toronto Employee Review

View all City of Toronto reviews

Fun workplace with a swimming pool
Lifeguard and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2013
A typical day at work consisted of interacting with many patrons and assuring their safety at the pool. I have learned to communicate effectively with different types of people as we get a lot of people coming into the pool each and everyday. I also learned to work well with little kids as I had to teach them. The management was great as I was never confused as to who I reported to. I enjoy spending time with my co-workers as we were all similar in age (students) and we would have a lot to talk about during break times. The hardest part of the job is when a patron gives you a hard time because you have to always keep your calm even when you know they are wrong.
Pros
great pay for a student (above minimum wage)

Other City of Toronto Employee Reviews

Recreation Worker
Program Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
I enjoyed the work. I left the city once long time ago. DO NOT EVERY LEAVE you will loose all your seniority hours you have earned. It can be great place work but also not. Just depends on were what unit you apart of.
Pros
Lots shifts
Cons
Takes long time to get certain training's, hard to move upwards within the organization
Carpenter
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
great outdoor work . Refinishing the boardwalk along the Lake shore. good ppl tp work with. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to help the public with their needs .