City of Toronto

City of Toronto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Municipal government located in the heart of downtown
Student Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Short Hours, Management team is friendly, one of the best employers to work with.
Cons: Nothing much to learn. Only for networking and socializing.
Only one word to describe this place - AWESOME. Wish to join the city for a better opportunity. Typical day is between 9am to 3pm. All the employees are friendly. And since the office is located in downtown, the experience is even more amazing.
fun work place
housekeeping and meals (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: nice enviorment
Cons: long hours
I cleaned.
I prepared all types of meals.
I organized and maintained and carry out sanitary condition.
The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet for long hours sometimes.
A positive and productive work environment that values diversity and life long learning
Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
The City of Toronto is an organization that values the skills and knowledge of its workforce. The organizations offers a working environment that promotes diversity, personal development and organizational learning.
Awsome place to work with knowledgable colleagues
Civil Engineering Technician (Co-op) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
I am assisting transportation engineers to test transit signal priority (TSP) operations and programs in the lab.
I go to field to implement of new transit signal operation at select intersections.
I also prepare project management documents such as schedules, flow charts, project tracks (budgeting) and etc..
I am assisting in draft and upgrading signal drawing of the transportation projects in microstarion.
I also organize the intersection inspection reports.
Productive and fun place with free food
ARC Staff and mentor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free snacks and being active.
Cons: Short hours
A typical day would include: preparing snacks, play games, equipment management and supervising children.

I learned how to be patient, and cook.

My co-works were fun, enthusiastic and creative.

The hardest part of the job is when you have to write and incidence
report. This meant that one of the children had gotten hurt.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when i get to engage with the children, and just being active.
fun work place
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: long hours
- fun place to work
- learned a lot about teaching and instruction
- trainings are valuable
- lots of professional development offered
- good job if you want to get into teaching
Fun place to work and meet new people
Facility In-Charge (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
Deal with customers phone calls, visits, and concerns about programs and general inquiries. Great place to meet new people and make friends. Co-workers are great!
Process oriented and structured
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2015
Maximizing value of the City's own real estate holdings through stewardship and developing divisional collaboration towards the timely execution of strategic objectives.
Great place to gain some experience independently and as part of a team
Commander Arena (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, independent, experience working as a team player
Cons: weather conditions, outdoor work, heavy loads
Working for the city can be pretty simple. People are just meant to follow their assigned tasks and complete them to the best of their abilities. Through working for the city, ive learnt quite a few skills such as organization, time management, team skills, communication skills and efficiency. The hardest part of the job was sometimes having to complete a greater amount of work on my own, when there was no team present. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it teaches individuals essential skills to function on their own and as a member of a team. It was truly some great experience learned.
Adaptive work environment
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, & Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Variable scheduling
The Culture in every department varies with different personalities. What I learned was it was important to understand the culture in order to adapt and be productive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and educating the public about the facility and the skills to prevent injury, promoting safety and improving on their own swimming abilities.
Good
Wading Pool Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2015
long, and usually with one or two other attendants. the bosses were strict but overall the environment was good and it was an easy job
A Day on the floor of the pool.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Easy to work with co-workers
Cons: Long Boring Hours of doing nothing.
I would talk to some of my co-workers and see how they were. Learn that we need to work together as a team to get the job done neatly and efficiently. The boss or in-charge was always polite, yet affirmative to get any job done affectively. The hardest part of the job was watching the pool and observing people swim, which is usually just really boring, and difficult to stay focused on after a while. That's why the best part was the break that we were able to get sometimes in-between watching the pool.
Good Oppurtunity
Client Service Worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2015
There are many opportunities for growth. The clients make the job an important and surreal one. The most challenging part of the position is not being able to contribute to clients lives a little bit more than you might like.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Aquatics Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: leadership
Cons: money
I enjoyed teaching children/youths how to swim and to become a proper leader. I was a person in which not only children but even parents who looked up to, it was a great experience.
Excellent Employer
Rink Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Easy shifts
Cons: short hours
As a skating Marshal a typical day at work was to get there on time before patrons show up to set up the rink with signs and pylon's. When its time to clean the rink you have to make sure all patrons evacuate the ice. Supervisors are quite friendly and treat all workers equal. The hardest part of the job would have to be clearing kids of the ice.
High energy work place lots of social activity
Support Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: abundent vacation time
Cons: stressfull moments
Client focus
Leaned to be a confident and patient trainer
management was patient and helpful durning my learning process
co-workers worked as a team
the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the filing as we filed for 150 clients per 10 to 12 caseworkers
the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the client on a one on one bases and being able to come to a resalution that would help them.
good
organizer for elections (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
it's pretty good to be there and enjoy the workers and the atmosphere. everybody makes you feel welcome and they're fairr and very helpful. very enjoyable.
Great pay and work, mediocre environment
Caseworker - Children's Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
The city pays very well and the work is manageable and enjoyable, but there is a lot of in office politics. These politics often revolve around seniority, and seniority will prevent qualified people from moving up accordingly.
Great Benefits and Worklife Balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, security
Cons: Can be stifling for ambitious individuals in certain Divisions
It is a great relaxed environment but very difficult to move around. You're stuck pretty much in your role. Not a young or vibrant place to work in some Divisions (Finance, Accounting). Other areas are fun (Planning, Transportation).
comfortable office feeling, professional customer service
Children's Summer Camp Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
-make 400-500 calls a day
-complete customer satisfaction surveys
-best and worst part was sitting down all day
-very strict breaks can't be even one minute late

1 2 3 4 5

About City of Toronto

Canada’s largest and most multicultural city, Toronto is often cited as one of the best places in the world to live. Meeting – Read more