City of Toronto Employee Reviews in Canada

Assistant Planner (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 15, 2016
Amazing work environment with great opportunities for career advancement. The management is helpful and skilled to assist you in the career progression. Working with the biggest City in Canada allows you to learn skills in a fast paced work environment.
Great experience
Deputy Returning Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Excellent team members, and a lot of responsibilty offered for this position. Accuracy and efficiency were key to performing this job effectively.
Good
Skate Marshall (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
For the Instructional Skating I had learned how to teach children how to skate. The hardest part was when doing report cards for the children because I always liked the children that I had in my group and it was hard for me to give my report to a parent that their child has not passed the level.
Wonderful place to work and learn
Front-end Web Developer (Former Employee) –  55 John Street, TorontoApril 1, 2016
I have gained valuable lifetime experiences while obtaining the comprehensive understanding of the technical and communicational skills.

A friendly and enthusiasm environment with great managers and team members.
Fun and inclusive workplace
Rink Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
i worked as a rink guard serving the general public. It was a very fun job as i was able to interact with different people every day. my coworkers were incredibly nice and very helpful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
working in the cold
City Of Toronto
Children Program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
The most enjoyable day at work is attending work and seeing my participate face.Being able to processed with my program & interacting with children, co workers and care giver on a high warm welcome volume allows me to make room for improvments
Pros
Co workers and management
Cons
leaving at the end of my shift
Why I love being a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoy my job incredibly! You have flexible hours and the work load is very light. Its easy and every other co-worker is your friend. The tough parts of work are keeping up with your qualifications, but luckily your CRP can help you remember when things expire. Sometimes shifts may start at 5am which are hard to wake up for. The most enjoyable part of working as an instructor is getting complimented by parents and how much you mean to their kids.
Pros
Amazing atmosphere
Cons
Early morning shifts
Good workplace
After-school Recreation Care: Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
- Positive work environment
- Opportunities for growth
- Flexible hours
- Variety of positions available
- Opportunities to receive various beneficial trainings and certifications
The money and benefits are a amazing !
Gardener II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
I worked in Parks and Recreation department for 4 seasons then I quit - I could not stand the winey spoiled union (full-time) workers for another season. The pay and benefits are more then most of us will ever see but the workers complain all the time and most are very lazy. The work is great, management is pretty good - they are all lucky to be working there.
Pros
Wages & benefits
Cons
Spoiled unionized workers
Fun workplace
Camp Counsellor, Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
I have been working for the city for years now and it has been a great experience. I enjoy the multiple roles that I am apart of.
Pros
experience
Cons
senority
Excellent work atmosphere as everyone had a positive attitude.
Tennis Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
In a typical day I learned how to manage time very well as I had a strict schedule that I had to stick to. Co-workers were very friendly, and management gave you room to work on your own.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Physically tough (sometimes)
productive and fun - gaming and tv room
Support Assistant B (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
typical day - taking calls and assisting customers with their travel plans

management and co-workers- friendly and helpful

hardest part of the job - extreme service levels

most enjoyable - the feeling of successfully planning someone's holiday
Pros
free tickets
Cons
every work day is a fun day
Operator apol (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
the city of toronto is my second home a family a family of good workers management making each and every day great day every one is one
Pros
help when needed
Cons
40 hours 8 hours per day
fast paced environment, workers who are passionate
Assistant to Community development project (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
working with the city of Toronto has been a very fast paced environment, with meetings every week with different groups and a lot of dynamic scheduling processes. when working with the city of Toronto you see the dynamics in which they work and how passionate they all are with their job. its a great environment
Enjoyable Job
Parks Acting Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Great job with great pay and benefits.You do not take your work home with you so its great for balancing a family. It has amazing job security but it is hard for quick growth within the City of Toronto. Management has its good and bad apples like any company.
Great place
Summer Technical Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Had a temporary 4-months position as a technical trainee. Enjoyed it greatly. Gained an insight into how large environmental projects operate.
Pros
semi-flexible schedule
The City of Toronto is a professional, friendly, safe and clean environment to work and I enjoy working with them
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
There is so much to say.

The management is fair and consistently trying to improve quality and quantity of work

Each day, you come to work and leave work at work.

The people who work there are very nice.

The hardest part of my day is pushing my limits and striving to achieve perfection as well as increasing my workload

The most enjoyable part of my day is when I achieve my goals I set out for myself on a daily basis based on workload
Pros
The work is consistant, the people are enjoyable to work with, the environment is clean and safe
Cons
Been working 5 years and am unable to get Full Time
great environement and teamwork
School Recreation Care Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
working with the city is a great learning experience. it opened lots of doors for me in various job fields. i recomand this to employees who are looking forward to expanding their knowledge and experience in the recreational field
Positive work attitude
Solid Waste Mgmt. (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
daily safety circle check required.
teamed with partner most days
good work environment
safety procedures are very important and are enforced
Love the aspect of meeting new clients and working in different locations. Choose and agree to schedule.... active job
Fitness Instructor/Zumba Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
I teach classes in different locations, I have learnt you can never make everyone happy in broad classes... I don't see co-workers, I see different staff all the time.

Hardest part of the job the long travel time and distance ... no regular hours.

I do what I love and love what I do especially dealing with the public which brings the customer service to an excellent level.
Pros
The flex hours
Cons
No regular hours or fixed income, travel time isn't cover and no benefits as part time instructor

4.3