City of Toronto

City of Toronto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place with lots to learn
Traffic Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Open door policy with management
Cons: Fairly low salary
Great opportunity to learn about various computer programs and traffic hardware. The management was supportive and always willing to take time to help junior staff.
Pretty positive
Swim Instructor & Adapted Integrated Worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
loved the environment . loved who i worked with it.
we just need to really priority in the right places. when we think of young people with disabilities we really need to be empowering them, and creating a curriculum that allows them to succeed
We provide funding for seniors and people with disabilities so they can continue to live in their homes independently.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: too many hours
Assisting seniors and persons with disabilities to continue living in their homes is priority. My office offers federal/provincial funding for lower-income seniors and persons with disabilities who wish to make health and safety repairs to their homes.

Answer phone calls/emails/front desk inquiries. Assess elgibility of requests from constituents for our program. Process paperwork for funding approval and issuing of funding..

Maintain data base on funding and provide reports to theCity of Toronto and Ministry.

I work with four Program Officers and assist them with the applications at different stages of the funding process.

Hardest part of my job is letting people know they are NOT eligible for our programs because of income, repair/modification item or their property value is too high.

Helping a senior/person with disability live in their own homes independently.

Good Summer Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch, 2 15 min breaks, free weekends
Cons: A little repetative
I'm just a student working the summer. The work / life balance is good because when I'm done for the day, I am done. The hours are great because you are garunteed to work everyday Monday to Friday for the same time period. Which was good because it left my weekends free and secered my income for the few months I was there. Dealing with people all day helped me gain alot of communication skills which is super important for any job.
ongoing education for the staffs
psw (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
very stressful work load is too much and not enough staffing, making my resident happy each day is the best part of my day management at some location does not respect psw or nurses co-workers can at times be very selfish especially if you are a new staff
Productive place with very nice people!
UI/UX Designer Internship (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2015
Everyone is so nice that I became familiar with my work in a real short time. We worked as a team and everyone did a great job in this collaborative unit.
team work is the key
Bilingual Administrator Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours
A great place for students to finish their internship.
can learn a lot of useful knowledge as a office assistant, such as website design, arrange meeting and filing,etc.
great workplace
Environmental Project Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
engaged in many different projects and provided day-to-day services to project owners by being the point of contact for many different contractors and third party companies.
Very casual work enviornmentn which was nice and helpfull
Accident and Insurance Expeditor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Good work hours and location
Cons: Management and several co workers were less than desirable
Job duties were enjoyable. I liked the adjusters I dealt with on a daily basis. I enjoyed preparing various reports, and working with numbers to determine where and how most accidents and costs occurred.
Location was ideal for me as it was very close to the Beaches where I lived.
Rewarding work
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
The job was rewarding when there were cases that had good out comes. It could be stressful at times due to the high volume of emergencies.
The city provided good job security and great benefits.
busy office
Support Assistant B (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: busy offices
Cons: commute, hard to get a hold of other depts
many customers,
payments in large sums,
balancing at days end,
systems sometimes hard to maneuver
coworkers are helpful
bank dedposits
Municipal government located in the heart of downtown
Student Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Short Hours, Management team is friendly, one of the best employers to work with.
Cons: Nothing much to learn. Only for networking and socializing.
Only one word to describe this place - AWESOME. Wish to join the city for a better opportunity. Typical day is between 9am to 3pm. All the employees are friendly. And since the office is located in downtown, the experience is even more amazing.
fun work place
housekeeping and meals (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: nice enviorment
Cons: long hours
I cleaned.
I prepared all types of meals.
I organized and maintained and carry out sanitary condition.
The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet for long hours sometimes.
A positive and productive work environment that values diversity and life long learning
Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
The City of Toronto is an organization that values the skills and knowledge of its workforce. The organizations offers a working environment that promotes diversity, personal development and organizational learning.
Awsome place to work with knowledgable colleagues
Civil Engineering Technician (Co-op) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
I am assisting transportation engineers to test transit signal priority (TSP) operations and programs in the lab.
I go to field to implement of new transit signal operation at select intersections.
I also prepare project management documents such as schedules, flow charts, project tracks (budgeting) and etc..
I am assisting in draft and upgrading signal drawing of the transportation projects in microstarion.
I also organize the intersection inspection reports.
Productive and fun place with free food
ARC Staff and mentor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free snacks and being active.
Cons: Short hours
A typical day would include: preparing snacks, play games, equipment management and supervising children.

I learned how to be patient, and cook.

My co-works were fun, enthusiastic and creative.

The hardest part of the job is when you have to write and incidence
report. This meant that one of the children had gotten hurt.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when i get to engage with the children, and just being active.
fun work place
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: long hours
- fun place to work
- learned a lot about teaching and instruction
- trainings are valuable
- lots of professional development offered
- good job if you want to get into teaching
Fun place to work and meet new people
Facility In-Charge (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
Deal with customers phone calls, visits, and concerns about programs and general inquiries. Great place to meet new people and make friends. Co-workers are great!
Process oriented and structured
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2015
Maximizing value of the City's own real estate holdings through stewardship and developing divisional collaboration towards the timely execution of strategic objectives.
Great place to gain some experience independently and as part of a team
Commander Arena (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, independent, experience working as a team player
Cons: weather conditions, outdoor work, heavy loads
Working for the city can be pretty simple. People are just meant to follow their assigned tasks and complete them to the best of their abilities. Through working for the city, ive learnt quite a few skills such as organization, time management, team skills, communication skills and efficiency. The hardest part of the job was sometimes having to complete a greater amount of work on my own, when there was no team present. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it teaches individuals essential skills to function on their own and as a member of a team. It was truly some great experience learned.

1 2 3 4 5

About City of Toronto

Canada’s largest and most multicultural city, Toronto is often cited as one of the best places in the world to live. Meeting – Read more