City of Toronto Employee Reviews

Lots of fun!
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
I loved guarding/instruting for the city of Toronto. Tons of amazing staff and people always willing to help out where they can. Every pool has an amazing work environment.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lots of qualifications
Great work environment
Councillor Aide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Great work environment with great learning opportunities. I really enjoy the pace our office works at, although this could be the hardest part of the job it is easily the most enjoyable as well.
City of Toronto Review
WEB SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
This was a wonderful environment to work in, due to the team members who were sharing internal processes and developing solutions amongst teams. There was also a variety of training involved and fostered development and critical thinking.
Pros
great teams and fostered community and development
Positive experience, low stress
RESEARCH STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
Low stress environment. Worked for short terms. Interesting to learn of city businesses. The job allowed me to learn and also i was paid decently well. I found it satisfying to contribute to my own city, other than paying taxes.
Productive work envirnment
Student Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
The city of Toronto provided excellent resources and great employees that provided me with excellent experience that would help prepare me for finding a career in my field once i graduated.
Open and inclusive workplace full of hard working staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Working for the city of Toronto is a great and highly educational experience. Being with the city has taught me how to be punctual, organized, mufti task and meet deadlines. Workplace culture is great everyone is very open and inclusive. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the city.
Pros
Positive Enviroment
Well paced environment to work if you are organized
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2017
Well paced environment to work if you are organized... That being said the work life balance is great and you must be innovative to make good progress with the city of toronto.
Amazing
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in the city of toronto and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notch
Enjoyed opportunity
Supervisor Transportation Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Great Corporation that allowed employees the opportunity too achieve their goals. Diverse challenges within your field and related areas of governance. The long commute too the city was justified in the knowledge that you where making the cities streets better.
Great learning experience
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
I worked as an intern with the City of Toronto. It was a fantastic learning experience. I was never treated as lesser based on my role as an intern - in fact, I was given work that was on par with work that I hope to do in the work force. My co-workers were very helpful, friendly, and made me feel included in their team. Overall, my experience as an intern at the City was incredibly valuable - an all around great learning experience.
Fun
Skate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Really fun. People were great to work with , always on time never late , great attitude , great in groups are alone , no preference, taught kids and adults how to skate properly , aswell as teaching them the basics of hockey .
Leaning
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
This is a great place to complete your placement that. this is where you will learn more about how the HTA works from how it does not work. its a wonderful learning experience.
Productive, fun environment, friendly and a place to be yurself
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2017
I really liked working at the Elms summer camp. They treat you like family and welcome everyone. While working I've made many new friends and memories. This was an experience Ill never forget.
Pros
Staying active, good staff, lunch breaks, interacting with kids
Cons
long hours, a lot of wild kids, mean parents
Work life balance
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
I have been working at City of Toronto as IT consultant. Pretty simple job, can be really fun or really boring.
comfortable job, work life balance

Poor Management
Supervisor, Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2017
There is so much potential however lack of strong leaders and intense micromanagement prevents this business from moving forward at the rate it should.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Productive and relaxed place to work
IT Trainee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
Typical day at City of Toronto is relaxed and the work load is not to heavy but at the same the work load is not to light.The workload is enjoyable to do. No one puts pressure on you.
Pros
Work can be spread out
Cons
When theirs no work. You cant do much
Excellent opportunity to work with the COT
Aquafit Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
You are well protected as an employee and the standards of work are good. It is a respectable job to work with the city. I have a friend that works as a gardener and she thoroughly enjoys her job.
not the greatest
Day Care Recreational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
i have worked for better companies , working for the city was very hard and strenuous . the culture of the city if how to screw people over. it is not a team oriented atmosphere.
fantastic part time job
Instructor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
I love going in to work every day, I love the people I work with. The only drawback is enrollment varies session to session so I never know if my classes are going to run and if I'm going to have 15 hours of work per week this month or 30.
Pros
fun, engaging
Cons
variable hours
Had fun working and planning activities for children
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
This experience was very helpful to me because I got the chance to work with different groups of children from different cultures, and plan games for them to play.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3