City of Toronto Employee Reviews

Supportive and Progressive work environment
Student Public Health Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
I learnt a lot on how to work with the public with regards to public health inspection. The work environment was quiet friendly and supportive. The place values strong work ethics and professionalism.
Depends completely on role.
Administrative & Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2017
With the City of Toronto having many various departments and divisions, there are many positions in roles within the company. Based on my experience, the City of Toronto can be a great employer. However, career advancement is very limited.
Fun and relax environment
Administrative Assistant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
There is no harsh dress code and can usually just wear comfortable clothing. Dealing with a lot of the public so have to have a smile on your face, but patrons are using happy
Average Place to work
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Metro hall23 October 2017
Depending on the division you were in and the culture it can be good place to work. It all depends on the culture and stress levels in the area you are working in.
amazing
Water Maintenance Worker 2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
My job was amazing i learned a lot i took it upon myself on taking more and more courses too advance in the company management came up the ranks so they actually knew the job and also if we didn't know a certain job they would actually help us solve the problem
Pros
mangement worked together with the employee's hands on
Cons
too many shif't's disrupted our personnel life
Seasonal employee
Administrative Assistant/Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
- The job is more to gain experience about working with the City than having a career. If you are a student in high school or university, it is a great place to work to gain experience in municipal workplace. But pay is very low, very little to no immediate advancement, and there are far and few jobs between peak seasons.
Teaching kids basic of Arts
Specialty Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
Great work environment teaching campers the basics of arts and crafts. You get assigned to a certain age group each session and there is flexibility in what you can teach and demonstrate.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Loong Hours and demanding emotionally
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
well organized and looks after staff very well. As staff, you are valued by management and protected by them well. Was a pleasure to work for the city & would do it again in a heart beat.
Excellent Organization
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Ve'ahavta is a solid organization with a tremendous work culture. It is humanitarian in its mission both outside the community and in the work place.
Employees are treated with respect at all times. There is a sense of family.
with solid governance and infrastructure in place, there is a sense of solidity and security.
There is not much opportunity for growth
Very busy, poor management
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
Most enjoyable, learning new processes, working with clients

I will miss my co-workrs

Learning opportunities

Good benefits

Vacation takes at least 1 year to be able to use
Productive and Efficient
Swim Instructor/ Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2017
A typical day at work involves me arriving at the pool site and signing in. I then prepare the deck for lessons to begin. The rest of my shifts consists of teaching swimming lessons and life guarding lane swim and recreational swim.
Great work environment depending on what type of camp .
Camp Counsellor (Current Employee) –  High Park, ON27 September 2017
My bosses were always great fed into my potential and pushed me to new heights . It took me a while to get into working wit people who didn't share my ideals but at the end of the day it was fun and productive .
Pros
days went fast
Cons
long hours but thats any job
Hockey Instructor
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Over my time as a hockey instructor i enjoyed helping the ids learn more about the sport and helped them learn how to play it and help them improve their skills.
Productive and fun place of work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
My time at the City of Toronto was very positive. I would definitely recommend working here to any one who is still in school looking for a summer job.
Warm and welcoming atmosphere
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
A great way to get integrated within the city's system. You learn to work well with the public, and your team. It is an upbeat positive setting, and I reccomend working there.
I had my dream job at the Riverdale Farm
Program Designer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
I was lucky to have been hired to be a Farm Attendant at the Parks and Recreation location of the Riverdale Farm in Toronto. I was required to use my own initiative to complete the tasks of a running farm, plus interact with the public in an engaging and education manner.
Can be an enjoyable experience if you are working with the right people.
Camp Location Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
I worked many part time jobs with the city. Therefore I worked with many different supervisors. There were some supervisors that made it a very enjoyable experience, but others would constantly criticize you without adding any compliments and these people made woking for the City very difficult
Lots of fun!
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
I loved guarding/instruting for the city of Toronto. Tons of amazing staff and people always willing to help out where they can. Every pool has an amazing work environment.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lots of qualifications
Great work environment
Councillor Aide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Great work environment with great learning opportunities. I really enjoy the pace our office works at, although this could be the hardest part of the job it is easily the most enjoyable as well.
City of Toronto Review
WEB SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
This was a wonderful environment to work in, due to the team members who were sharing internal processes and developing solutions amongst teams. There was also a variety of training involved and fostered development and critical thinking.
Pros
great teams and fostered community and development