City of Surrey Employee Review

View all City of Surrey reviews

Many jobs are auxiliary or part time
CSA 3 (Former Employee) –  Surrey20 April 2013
The job was fine, but they hire many auxiliary people for the same position. You won't get many hours because there will be four of you sharing the same shifts. You can't work in different areas of the city because the minimum hours per shift is four and you can only work 7 hours in total - you can't do four hours in one rec centre and then 4 hours in another centre in the same day. 35 hours is considered part time and that way they don't have to give you full benefits.

Other City of Surrey Employee Reviews

Cohesive and inclusive work place with endless opportunities
Day camp leader (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 December 2017
A typical day at work for a City of Surrey recreational employee starts with warm greetings from managers, other employees and students you teach/instruct. When working for the City you become a part of an inclusive, accepting and cohesive team. The workplace culture is nothing short of positive, productive and organized and allows the opportunity for furthered growth and learning. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with new people and be able to become a bigger part of a child's life through helpful instruction and guiding.
Lifeguard Swim Instructor
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 November 2017
I really enjoyed working with the City of Surrey, particularly at the Guildford branch. The managers who work there are excellent and they do a very good job of making the work environment as pleasant as possible.

There was a couple of times where I made a mistake but my supervisors never made a big deal about the issue but made it an opportunity for me to improve as an employee.
Pros
Great Pay, Fun coworkers
Cons
Far drive from my home / difficult to get hours during some times of the year