City of Surrey

City of Surrey Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to Volunteer
Volunteer Firefighter (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: training, experince
Cons: no prefernce for career.
I had some great training. the experience was valuable. the experience is great but does not give any preference for Career Firefighter.
In Fact if you volunteer you are expected to know more and are penalized by crew if you make mistakes.
Team building environment
Surrey Parks Volunteer (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 18, 2014
Worked alongside other volunteers in a positive uplifting environment
Developed skills in dealing with the public leaving them happy and satisfied
Government good paying
General Laborer (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free gas company cars
Cons: non
May 2001- Nov 2001 General Laborer, City of Surrey, Surrey. (Temporary )
• Employed within the Sewer & Public Works Depts.
• Responsible for inspecting sewers, determining root cause and problem solving.
• Traveled to various locations to determine areas of issue.
• Utilized strong communication skills both with peers & interdepartmentally to ensure – more... resolve was achieved.
• Ensured all designated responsibilities were consistently achieved. – less
Productive work place, I learned a lot.
Clerk 2 (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 26, 2014
I really liked working at City of Surrey, it was a great learning experience. I handled a high call volume and customer complaints with little to no supervision.
Staff shortages were stressful.
Crime Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 6, 2014
Pros: well paid exciting and interesting work, never the same
Cons: shift work, long commute
The Surrey RCMP provided me with many opportunities to broaden my career. The work was by its nature demanding and occasionally dangerous.

I worked well with the civilians who were our co-workers.

Relationships within the force were often tested as different methods and procedures were occasionally stressful.

The hardest part of the job was keeping – more... positive and helping others to do so as well.

The excitement of the job and the bonds between members was always the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Loved this job
Arena staff (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: working with kids, great salary
Cons: bad hours and poor organization
I loved this job because I got to work with kids. But the hours were very bad because there was so many employers and not enough jobs.
Over-all good
Volunteer (Former Employee), NOt applicableDecember 22, 2013
Pros: visible landscape development
Getting to be better place ti live. Hope there will be no criminal activities in the all areas.
I like volunteering for City of Surrey. I like the way they post jobs and I could just sign up when I have time to help.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 29, 2013
I like the way they post jobs and I could just sign up when I am able to help. They always thank us as volunteers and I definitely appreciate that. I learned a lot from volunteering like public speaking skills and leadership skills.
Place to provide all sorts of customers with excitement
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 20, 2013
Excellent Management and Staff. Supervised pool deck, provided tremendous amount of customer service, created creative lessons plans and dealt with patrons on an ongoing basis.
Many jobs are auxiliary or part time
CSA 3 (Former Employee), SurreyApril 20, 2013
The job was fine, but they hire many auxiliary people for the same position. You won't get many hours because there will be four of you sharing the same shifts. You can't work in different areas of the city because the minimum hours per shift is four and you can only work 7 hours in total - you can't do four hours in one rec centre and then 4 hours – more... in another centre in the same day. 35 hours is considered part time and that way they don't have to give you full benefits. – less
Records Clerk II (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 12, 2013
Pros: job security, benefits, schooling.
Cons: n/a
Due to a few different job titles, I would say that the most typical days I would have had would be resolving issues around payment, billing, staff training and overall business and report writing. All of my managers have been very good. Good training and excellent courses enabled me to learn many skills which made my learning easier. The most enjoyable – more... part of the jobs at BC Tel/Telus were working with the public. – less