City of Surrey Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun workplace
Leader (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 5, 2016
working for the city is a fun and great learning place, it teaches you about the community and how to work independently and as part of a team. the management and co workers are great and are always willing to help and answer questions. the best part is the atmosphere at the workplace it is fun and lively and everyone is like a family.
work with great people
Clerk 3. Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 8, 2016
I love working with the people here. We have many wonderful people. A typical day is very busy, upbeat and always challenging.
Fun and helps connect with the community
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Surrey-White Rock, BCJanuary 8, 2016
City of Surrey is a very fun place and you get to join in community services and meet new people. i enjoyed it because it allows you to have fun and join in activities and everyone sends awesome nice vibes
Pros
fun
Great volunteer opportunities
volunteering on day of Roots (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 7, 2015
Really easy to become a volunteer and take part in festivals, events, fundraisers for the City of Surrey. Can also help out at the park, plants trees and flowers. Volunteers are provided with snacks while volunteering and breaks whenever you want. References are mailed to you which is a plus!
Pros
Snacks
Good working environment.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 10, 2015
Clean and modern workplace. Up to date equipment. Competitive benefit packages including Extended Health Care and Dental, Public transit subsidy, Municipal Pension and others.
Performed the role of QA lead
Senior Quality Assurance Consultant/ FMS QA Lead (Former Employee) –  surrey, bcAugust 18, 2015
Its a fun place to work. coworkers were very friendly and it was a wonderful experience working at the city. overall it was a great place to work, everyday there was a lot of learning.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No work from home option
fun working socailize with people
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 25, 2015
fun working and social with community and help kids do the activity and interact with guests .have fun their and enjoy the festival
Pros
socailisze
Cons
stay out in the sun
LOVED IT!
Projects and Development Facilities Division (Former Employee) –  Surrey and VancouverApril 30, 2015
Working with the city was never a boring moment. All the staff members made it fun to come to work and were all very supportive when I was the new one in the office.
productive workplace
Assembler/ Distributor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 4, 2014
It was a good place to work but the hours were long and the work was very hard! More employees would have made it more efficient.
Great place to Volunteer
Volunteer Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 28, 2014
I had some great training. the experience was valuable. the experience is great but does not give any preference for Career Firefighter.
In Fact if you volunteer you are expected to know more and are penalized by crew if you make mistakes.
Pros
training, experince
Cons
no prefernce for career.
Team building environment
Surrey Parks Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 18, 2014
Worked alongside other volunteers in a positive uplifting environment
Developed skills in dealing with the public leaving them happy and satisfied
Government good paying
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 18, 2014
May 2001- Nov 2001 General Laborer, City of Surrey, Surrey. (Temporary )
• Employed within the Sewer & Public Works Depts.
• Responsible for inspecting sewers, determining root cause and problem solving.
• Traveled to various locations to determine areas of issue.
• Utilized strong communication skills both with peers & interdepartmentally to ensure resolve was achieved.
• Ensured all designated responsibilities were consistently achieved.
Pros
free gas company cars
Cons
non
Productive work place, I learned a lot.
Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 26, 2014
I really liked working at City of Surrey, it was a great learning experience. I handled a high call volume and customer complaints with little to no supervision.
Staff shortages were stressful.
Crime Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 6, 2014
The Surrey RCMP provided me with many opportunities to broaden my career. The work was by its nature demanding and occasionally dangerous.

I worked well with the civilians who were our co-workers.

Relationships within the force were often tested as different methods and procedures were occasionally stressful.

The hardest part of the job was keeping positive and helping others to do so as well.

The excitement of the job and the bonds between members was always the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
well paid exciting and interesting work, never the same
Cons
shift work, long commute
Loved this job
Arena staff (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 8, 2014
I loved this job because I got to work with kids. But the hours were very bad because there was so many employers and not enough jobs.
Pros
working with kids, great salary
Cons
bad hours and poor organization
Over-all good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  NOt applicableDecember 22, 2013
Getting to be better place ti live. Hope there will be no criminal activities in the all areas.
Pros
visible landscape development
I like volunteering for City of Surrey. I like the way they post jobs and I could just sign up when I have time to help.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 29, 2013
I like the way they post jobs and I could just sign up when I am able to help. They always thank us as volunteers and I definitely appreciate that. I learned a lot from volunteering like public speaking skills and leadership skills.
Place to provide all sorts of customers with excitement
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 20, 2013
Excellent Management and Staff. Supervised pool deck, provided tremendous amount of customer service, created creative lessons plans and dealt with patrons on an ongoing basis.
Many jobs are auxiliary or part time
CSA 3 (Former Employee) –  SurreyApril 20, 2013
The job was fine, but they hire many auxiliary people for the same position. You won't get many hours because there will be four of you sharing the same shifts. You can't work in different areas of the city because the minimum hours per shift is four and you can only work 7 hours in total - you can't do four hours in one rec centre and then 4 hours in another centre in the same day. 35 hours is considered part time and that way they don't have to give you full benefits.
Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 12, 2013
Due to a few different job titles, I would say that the most typical days I would have had would be resolving issues around payment, billing, staff training and overall business and report writing. All of my managers have been very good. Good training and excellent courses enabled me to learn many skills which made my learning easier. The most enjoyable part of the jobs at BC Tel/Telus were working with the public.
Pros
job security, benefits, schooling.
Cons
n/a

4.6