CITY OF ST. CATHARINES Employee Reviews in Canada

Great student summer employment opportunity
Parks Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Great team environment where working together is necessary in completing a common goal. Constantly being in the public-eye required us to stay professional and stay on task. I was in constant communication with the public so being able to effectively speak to them was necessary in terms of passing on valuable information or defusing potential hostile situations. These jobs were only available to students so it was nice to have consistent summer employment to make money to pay for school.
Pros
constant work hours, fair wage, work outside, working in teams
Fun and rewarding workplace
Aquatics Support Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 9, 2012
A typical day at work started with opening and setting up the pool facility. After that I would take the cash float out and open up the cash register and then I would welcome and greet patrons coming in to use the pool facility. Throughout the day I would perform cash transactions for patrons using the pool and purchasing memberships, and help with any groups/schools coming into the facility. I would also help my supervisors with any office duties needed, as well as general cleanliness of the office, change rooms and pool deck. Also I provided general first aid or help to any patrons in need. I learned a lot from this job, as I worked with a large variety of people (both coworkers and patrons). I learned improved interpersonal skills, applied first aid skills, how to effectively deal with many different situations involving the public and coworkers and improved organizational skills. I really enjoyed working with my supervisors, as they were always helpful and understanding. The hardest part of my job was when higher up management did not stand behind the lifeguards and staff when we enforced rules and polices, but I understand that they have to satisfy the public. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with and helping children, especially in the summertime.
Pros
everyday was different and exciting.
Cons
being fired and re-hired each session (summer, fall, winter, spring)
I was able to learn how to deal with the public and able to work hard with my coworkers
Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 24, 2013
I enjoy my summer employment with the City of St. Catharines. I was able to work in a team environment. I also enjoyed telling guests of the Carousal the history

My job duties consisted of:

Maintained and provided a safe environment for patrons and staff of the Carousel
- Assisted with set-up, cleanup and operation of Carousel
- Assisted with cash duties involving Carousel tickets and gift shop
- Assisted with special events
Pros
hours were very good
Great work atmosphere with respectful employees
Parks and Recreation - Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Absolutely great employees and a fun atmosphere to work with people.

4.6