In preparation for the St. Albert Youth Festival in the Fall of 2014, the City of St. Albert is recruiting an individual with event and facilitation experience who will be responsible for recruiting and engaging youth in artistic and creative projects and initiatives. The Youth Festival Associate will work within our community with a City of St. Albert representative to garner support from local organizations and to recruit youth to assist in determining the direction and programming of the festival.
Specific responsibilities and deliverables of the position:
- Identify youth groups who could take an active role in planning local activities during the Youth Festival
- Meet with youth groups to garner input and gather information
- Host a series of focus groups to establish the scope of the Festival within the guidelines set out by the City of St. Albert
- Compile information received from the focus groups into a working document
- Aid in recruiting and establishing a collaborative committee of youth and youth organizations to begin the planning of arts based activities
- Collaborate with City of St. Albert staff in production of the Festival.
This position will begin in mid March and conclude at the end of June 2013.
HOURS OF WORK
You will work an average of approximately 25 hours per week. This position will work some flexible shifts including evenings and weekends.
$24.00 - $27.00 per hour
- A combination of post secondary education, training, and previous experience with event planning, community development and/or communications.
- Proven facilitation experience including:
- Creating collaborative interactions
- Planning appropriate group discussions
- Guidance to desired outcomes
- Consensus building
- Promoting a positive and professional attitude
- Providing written summary of outcomes
- Past involvement in larger arts initiatives
- Proven ability to mobilize and engage youth in collaborative community projects
- Administration and communications experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the local arts community and youth sector
- Ability to work independently
All successful applicants will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, quoting competition #13/26 by February 26, 2013 to:
Human Resource Services
The City of St. Albert
216, 7 St. Anne Street
St. Albert, Alberta T8N 2X4
Fax: (780) 459-1729
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.