Are you looking for a unique opportunity to grow your career in a place where people care? Here at the City of St. Albert, our employees take pride in providing more than 60,000 residents with high-quality programs and services. You can cultivate your career in a place where staff not only care about the work they do but also the people they work alongside.
As the Guest Services Coordinator you will lead a large team of Guest Services Associates and Representatives in delivering exceptional customer service to patrons of Servus Credit Union Place (www.servusplace.ca). You will establish operational procedures and guest service standards for all guest services, telephone switchboard, and facility host & monitor staff. You will lead the recruitment, selection, training, scheduling and performance management functions for your team including being a key role in the department and facility health & safety program. You will also assist in research, assessment and strategic planning pertaining to budget, guest and membership lines of business, trend forecasting and new service concepts, geared toward service improvement and revenue generation. You will also provide leadership to your team in the area of cash and financial management and oversee the administration of the membership database and program software CLASS.
- A degree in Business, Recreation Management or a related field.
- A diploma in a related field combined with significant experience in a recreation or facility environment would also be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience within a recreation environment including prior responsibility for task direction, resource allocation, recruitment and selection, training, scheduling and performance management.
- Solid understanding of financial policies, internal controls and superior customer service.
- Prior experience using a membership management system, such as CLASS, would be an asset.
- Qualified candidates will possess a high level of interpersonal skills and diplomacy to manage a high volume of inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills are also necessary for success in this role.
HOURS OF WORK
You will work a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly. This position will require flexibility to accommodate some evening and weekend shifts.
$58,530 - $71,211 per annum. In addition the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
All successful applicants will be required to obtain a vulnerable sector criminal record check.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, quoting competition #12/160N by September 13, 2012 to:
Human Resource Services
The City of St. Albert
216, 7 St. Anne Street
St. Albert, Alberta T8N 2X4
Fax: (780) 459-1729
Online applications: www.stalbert.ca/employment
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.